Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2006, 03:39 AM   #1
brain'svw
CF Newbie

Water coming into vehicle.

I have a 1997 chevy silverado 1500 and have a big problem. It seems like everytime it rains the truck gets water in the cab. It started on the passangers side and eventually soaked the whole carpet from front to back. I thought it might be the cowl, so I pulled it off and noticed some screws were missing. I sealed them up and ran a hose over the front of the cowl area for about 1/2 an hour and it seemed fine. My son drove the truck to school and it was fine. It poured rain the next day he looked at it when he got into the truck from school and there was no water inside. By the time he got home and the truck sat for about 3 hours it was soaked inside again. I am baffled on what could be happening. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could possibley tell me what could be the problem or if they have had the same issues. Could it be the force of the wind when the vehicle is being driven to make the water get inside???? Since then I have taken out all of the carpeting so I could try to locate the leak but have had no luck. Please help!!!!
Brian dodgermax@msn.com
brain'svw is offline   Reply With Quote