GM LY7 V6
Used in the Cadillac CTS, STS (255hp), and SRX (260hp).
The initial offering is in the 3.6L displacement, though variants will be manufactured in 2.8L, 3.2L and 3.8L sizes. Power ranges from 200 to 370 hp, while torque runs from 200 lb-ft to more than 350 lb-ft. The 3.6L in the CTS and STS provides 255 hp and 250 lb-ft of torque. A lesser version will be made available to Buick.
- all-aluminum construction
- dual overhead camshafts (DOHC)
- 4-valves per cylinder
- roller-finger follower valvetrain
- continuously variable cam phasing
- electronic throttle control
- forged-steel crankshaft
- piston-cooling oil jets
- Oil Life System
- 32-bit microprocessor (a state-of-the-art 32-bit, 25 MHz microprocessor, the most powerful in use in the industry)
- coil-on-plug ignition
Lund Performance engineering has supercharged a 3.2L V6 CTS to 1100hp and set the world land speed record for it's class at the Bonneville salt flats.
Don't say that GM can't build a world class V6...