Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you want to have a CF member of the month system?
Yes, have it! 15 46.88%
No, dont have it! 17 53.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 05:18 PM   #46
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Hey. I asked for the thing to stop and be closed. It was someone else who brought up the whole thing again after it was unlocked, but since it has been. I want to try to go through with it. If it doesnt work thats fine. I just think that it is something that could potentially help CF to become closer together and create a wanting to help everyone. If there was an admin that was working I could certainly turn it over to the mods with the admin as the chairman of MOTM, but since there is no admin, the board has been compiled of a mod, a regular member as chairman, and a regular member as a assistant chairman. If wanted Ill make a post in the other boards asking people to come to this thread. Thanks for everyones time!

7(?) days left.

Old 11-21-2004, 12:31 AM   #47
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Ok! We talked about this earlier, and I have decided to put it to a vote! Vote yes to have the Member of the Month, starting January 2005, with a round table electing a outstanding member each month, and then I will make a custom sig for the winner! If the member of the month is put in place, Ill head it with Ki2AY as Assistant, and a continueously changeing group of members of the round table each month... so choose yes or no for the vote! Thanks!
"I have decided", "I will make a custom sig", "Ill head it". Those are your words and nobody elses. Did anyone ask you to do these things? I think not. The last time I checked there was no "I" in team. You want all of these things to happen as long as "I" am in charge.

While we're at it Twinkie, look at the body and the context of the post. This is a perfect example of a biased viewpoint, much the same as a loaded question. In the second sentence you began explaining at length the benefits why people should vote yes. In the forth sentence you again said to chose yes.. and then made your first mention of no with no explanation of what no meant. That is biased, tilted, slanted, whichever adjective you care to apply. What it is not is accurate and fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Hey. I asked for the thing to stop and be closed. It was someone else who brought up the whole thing again after it was unlocked, but since it has been. I want to try to go through with it. If it doesnt work thats fine. I just think that it is something that could potentially help CF to become closer together and create a wanting to help everyone. If there was an admin that was working I could certainly turn it over to the mods with the admin as the chairman of MOTM, but since there is no admin, the board has been compiled of a mod, a regular member as chairman, and a regular member as a assistant chairman. If wanted Ill make a post in the other boards asking people to come to this thread. Thanks for everyones time!
And I asked for it to be reopened, not so you could change your mind (does the phrase flip-flopper ring a bell?) but so others could have their say in the matter. It's called being FAIR, a concept that people like you don't seem to grasp (see the wording of your first post for an example).

Remember, YOU rare the one who gave up and said you didn't want to do it. How much commitment does that show? That's a rhetorical question because we all know the answer is little to none.

Thanks for everyone's time and have a great day.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

Old 11-21-2004, 06:46 AM   #48
hi.alt.perform
CF Newbie

Again

Again a very predictable response from Hobo. I just got here and i hate this guy. I think a motm would be fine. Its not like your winning money here hobo, its just a thing. Perhaps you have a dream of becoming the first MOTM and if your not suicide could be in your future. If people want a MOTM then they will work it out. A board will have to be chosen by the inventor of the idea. That board may then discuss how to operate the idea fairly. This is how "all-the-way USA" was started, why couldn't it work here? Oh, and btw, your flair for writing posts, your grammer, your use of words beyond your control are amusing, but unimpressive. Okie dokie twinkie.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:13 PM   #49
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi.alt.perform
Again a very predictable response from Hobo. I just got here and i hate this guy. I think a motm would be fine. Its not like your winning money here hobo, its just a thing. Perhaps you have a dream of becoming the first MOTM and if your not suicide could be in your future. If people want a MOTM then they will work it out. A board will have to be chosen by the inventor of the idea. That board may then discuss how to operate the idea fairly. This is how "all-the-way USA" was started, why couldn't it work here? Oh, and btw, your flair for writing posts, your grammer, your use of words beyond your control are amusing, but unimpressive. Okie dokie twinkie.

Just got here and you hate him? You hate him because he doesn't allow anyone to spew BS around these forums. If you do he will call you out, that way whoever reads what crap you posted won't take it for the truth. I used to be in your shoes when I first got here, and if it wasnt for Hobo I'd still be just like you.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:48 PM   #50
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi.alt.perform
And I give a sh*t about what you think because of why? So far in the short time you've been on this forum all you have done is give lousy advice and whine. My suggestion to you is to slink away and don't come back. Alternetely you could take the time to actually learn something about cars and become a productive member of this forum. The choice is yours.

BTW, repeating my phraseology and nicknames displays just how little intelligence and imagination you have. Have a nice day Skippy.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

Old 11-21-2004, 06:44 PM   #51
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

You see, people like him are the ones that piss me off. They come here talking through their ass, I or somone else yells at them. Now all of a sudden they have an errection for you. What is up with these people? These little needledicks need to grow up. Anywhos...

This whole basis of the MOTM thing seems completly unfounded. The idea was halfbaked when it came out of whomevers head it did, and it sure as hell has'nt gotten any better since. You keep getting more and more promises added to it. The "were going to do this, and this is going to happen". I'm just supposed to expect a "committee" to appear out of nowhere? Haha, thats almost as ludicrous as NewYork Calfornia creating their own branch of federal government.

While there may only be a few handfulls of activley posting members, our leaders(as JaneiR36 said) are laking in numbers. According to forum rules, are'nt those people who have memberships at CF still members? Irregardless to whether they activley post or not? If so, should Adam be counted out for anything pertaining to these forums because he no longer post here?

The foundation for this entire MOTM is more like soggy concrete mix. There are to many loopholes, and unanswered questions to the thing. Not to mention the bias and impartial treatment that could become of it. vwhobo was right. This was a childish thing to fill the void in the CF life. A mere bandaid for a broken arm. While DodgeRida presented many reasonable oppositions, the entire MOTM is just unrealistic and far too phantasmagoric to ever be put in to play.

I say give it up, because the terms of engagement, that somehow got agreed upon[don't know how that happened], are only stacked against the creation of MOTM.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
Old 11-21-2004, 08:32 PM   #52
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67

Just got here and you hate him? You hate him because he doesn't allow anyone to spew BS around these forums. If you do he will call you out, that way whoever reads what crap you posted won't take it for the truth. I used to be in your shoes when I first got here, and if it wasnt for Hobo I'd still be just like you.
Same for me. I was put on probation once because of an argument Hobo and I got into..

As to MOTM: I also think that it is a bad idea. I tried to see if it may work, but I dont think that I can get it to work. I think we need someone who believes entirely in the MOTM system for it to work, and, frankly, I dont. I have seen it work in some places, but in many it doesnt. I just believed that I should try to push for it because it sounded like a good idea, but now that I have seen all aspects I dont think it could work with the small percentage of members that are active at CF. Anybody who wants to be "President of CF MOTM" and speaker just take it up.

Sti

Old 11-22-2004, 07:26 PM   #53
GoftheH
CF Newbie

Screw It I'm In

A MOTM sounds like fun. It could push more people to give their insight on cars, Is there a prize at all or can they just brag? I would love to be a judge but since I'm new round here I highly doubt it. So how about it?
Old 11-22-2004, 11:30 PM   #54
SuperJew
I like pie.

I feel like I should put in my now...

I still think it is a good idea, and I'm not going to stray from that. however, I can accept defeat. no conditions, though. even if it is defeated by one vote, fine. consider it dead. its not my fault that 2 more people didn't vote for it to make it win. look at the past two presidential elections - the votes were unbelievably close, yet there was still a winner. we need to accept that there is a winner and a loser no matter how close the vote is.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
Old 11-23-2004, 12:55 AM   #55
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

In other words... COME ON PEOPLE VOTE OR DIE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2004, 01:47 AM   #56
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

I can accept defeat, but I dont really care about it anymore. I surrender all of my powers as the "President" to anyone who wants them.

Old 11-23-2004, 02:49 AM   #57
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

If I voted, it would be against.

But since I don't vote. This post is moot.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
Old 11-23-2004, 06:04 AM   #58
lectroid
0000?

I don't vote on these polls. But, for this one I will make an exception. I want to see how all these 12 and 16 yr olds will handle democracy. They may like the smell of the shit they are stirring in the pot. I vote yes.

Damn, I HATE THIS FREAKING SOFTWARE !!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2004, 08:12 PM   #59
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Oo... its 50/50... who is going to take up the powers as MOTM Chair? If it does go yes, there kinda has to be someone to head it up.

Old 11-23-2004, 09:34 PM   #60
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

i think you should be the head since you were the one to put effort in making this happen or atleats trying.
dodge can be ur assistance he also brought the subject up first.
mazda6man can be in it because he is the definition of a good CF member in my eyes.
the mods can help out if they wish.
if we do win, you guys can figure out the rules and regulations and how this will work out.
ie. are you guys going to choose a certain amount of members who should be MOTM and us memebrs will vote on a poll, or are you guys going to vote who is going to be MOTM by yourselves.

~as for the MOTM there should be a reward we can give.. what i was thinking is giving him the "CF's MOTM" under his avatar for a month. (better than nothing).

Last edited by Ki2AY : 11-23-2004 at 09:58 PM.
Closed Thread