Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2006, 01:16 AM   #1
SteelSpirit
CF Newbie

'03 Tiburon Clutch and Flywheel

Hi, everyone.
I own an '03 Hyundai Tiburon GT (V6) and seem to have a problem with burning clutches every 20k miles or so. I thought at first that perhaps I have been doing something wrong, even though I consider myself a good driver (yes, I double clutch all the time) and I do "baby" my car. I only have some minor mods installed (CAI, Nology wires, catback exhaust). I did some research and found that the '03 Tiburons do indeed have a problem with clutches burning out prematurely.
I am planning on installing a Clutchmasters FX-200 and a Clutchmaster Lightwheel Flywheel, as I'd rather spend a little extra money on a clutch that won't burn instead of spending 1 grand every 17k miles on the POS OEM unit. Since I am by no means an automtive expert, I was wondering if there are any considerations to look at before installing an aftermarket clutch. These are reported to have 28% more hold and shift nearly as smoothly as the OEM clutches.
Will I have to replace my master/slave cylinder? Could an aftermarket clutch cause even more problems?
Thanks everyone for the help.
SteelSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote