Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
ouki
CF Newbie

NY state Safety ad, really a must see

http://www.nysdmv.com/media/GTSC_6_5_4_pm.mpg

Damn near shook me outta my booties

Don't want anyone to get hurt, seems like it has been a bad season for these type of accidents.

BTW, I got a 76 Toyota Celica GT, which is my fun to mess with car.. Fun to drive, and to play with. Outside of that, just got a 2006 Stang GT, black, since black = fast.
ouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:45 PM   #2
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Ummm, ouch??
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:03 PM   #3
chris_knows
๑۩۞

That'll learn him to look for motorcycles

Seriously though, people should look for motorcycles more, I've been hit on a bike once and a couple of near misses, most of which were their fault lol...
Old 06-23-2006, 08:11 PM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer

This is a touchy subject for me, but I think it's the motorcyclists that these adverts should be aimed at. I've been hit once, and had near misses on numerous occassions, the majority were the bikers fault. On one occassion I was pulling out of a road after having just picked a car up for work, when I heard a bike, I knew he was travelling at atleast 70mph....the speed limit was a 30mph, and it was a built up area with kids running about everywhere, you can guarentee though, that if he'd hit me, it would have been my fault.....because the law always sides with these idiots with metal between their legs (take that as you will). There's no doubt in my mind that there are a fair few good riders, but in my experience, the bad ones far out weigh the good ones!

Doing alot of driving round London has made me even more pissed offm seeing how couriers ride, swerving in and out of cars, buses, lorries and pedestrians just scares me. We have a campaign here in the UK similar to the one in this thread, and I understand that motorists are being warned about this for a good reason, but why ask us to look for bikers, they're far from invisible if they a) have their headlamps on regardless of the time of day, and b) drive at an approriate speed!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:34 PM   #5
True_Brit
Has a new job!

this ones quite bad, its run by the Devon and Cornwall police but i guess its run all through the UK???
http://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/.../howclose.mpeg

press play to start it (it wont start itself)

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:06 PM   #6
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
this ones quite bad, its run by the Devon and Cornwall police but i guess its run all through the UK???
http://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/.../howclose.mpeg

press play to start it (it wont start itself)
Yes, it's one of those "Think" campaigns, it's a nationwide initiative. I think they should focus more on the level crossing campaign, which shows what happenes when you jump the gates at level crossings...

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote