Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2005, 04:12 PM   #1
andywilliams198
CF Newbie

car for the x box generation!!

Hi, at the moment I am doing a project with some companies designing a car for the Y generation, this is anybody born between 1977 and 1994. Its also known as the playstation and x box generations because the people born at this time have grown up with technology, and are completely comfortable with it. Generation Y'ers are individual and very informed,empowered and not scared to be different.
Iím in the research stage at the moment and was wondering what you guys would like to see in a car for this generation - how could it be made different, what technology could it integrate, should it be customisable to show individuality, how should it look, what would you like to do in a car but cant at the moment, is their even a genre of car out there for y generation(nearest we came up with was a transit van..rugged, cheap, put all your mates in the back and perfect for a road trip!!)? etc......??
Any ideas or thoughts would be great...................as crazy as possible or conservative all ideas will be helpful!!
Thanks a lot
andywilliams198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 05:23 PM   #2
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

USB port to play music, tv screens, inputs for the video game systems, good aftermarket, iPod compatibility, good gas mileage(stupid media), that's probably what they're after

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:06 PM   #3
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

You can't clump an entire generation into one car. Just like other generations, we all have our unique tastes. However, it is rather easy to see what is popular these days by looking at the media. Small to midsize family sedans and SUV's "pimped" out with all kinds of junk they'll probably never use, along with some exterior and interior cosmetic touches of questionable taste. (i.e. neons, body kits, decals, int. lights, wings etc...).
Old 10-18-2005, 09:29 PM   #4
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

I seem to be the only kid wjo doesn't really car about customization. I'm talking spoilers, rims, body kits, etc. Real performance mods on the other hand are . I would like to see some company make a RWD V8 2-door for under 20K.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:36 PM   #5
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
I seem to be the only kid wjo doesn't really car about customization. I'm talking spoilers, rims, body kits, etc. Real performance mods on the other hand are . I would like to see some company make a RWD V8 2-door for under 20K.
I hear ya man, sure it may not be all that fuel effient but what can you do, most people mod their cars anyway so that kinda takes away, so if you give them the power they want then they wont have to spend as much (in theory). I'd like to see Honda give the RWD, V8 2-door thing a try.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 11:43 PM   #6
GonnaDie4TheGov
CF's Only Jersey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
I hear ya man, sure it may not be all that fuel effient but what can you do, most people mod their cars anyway so that kinda takes away, so if you give them the power they want then they wont have to spend as much (in theory). I'd like to see Honda give the RWD, V8 2-door thing a try.

I think its gonna be awhile before you ever see a v8 honda car. they are jsut about to introduce it to the ridgeline. honda is known for their economy cars not for powerhouses. I imagine if they made a v8 car it wouldn't sell to well and it wouldn't be too different from an american v8. They are just about to release the first only v6 car in a few years. i think its called the legendary. v6 fdw luxury car. honda is all about fwd economy cars and saying something like that is completely off the charts with stupid

2001 Honda K-1 Accord Attack
GonnaDie4TheGov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 11:48 PM   #7
chris_knows
๑۩۞

How about right-hand drive in countries with left hand drive, and vise versa...and some good stock horsepower, but still able to be horsepower modified, but not riced...and it has to look like it is from the 1960-70's...sexy
Old 10-21-2005, 03:21 AM   #8
Legion5
CF Enthusiast

Brand NAMES

Horsepower

Gas Millage (we don't like filling up, and are cheep)

Looks cool, but NOT VULGAR

Aerodynamic

Stiff Chassie

USB+Ipod would be nice

LEATHER as it's easier to clean, and we spill shit.

VERY cheep price

NICE RIMS

NOT a "Small car", not a "boat"

POWER EVERYTHING

More rear seat space than trunk space. (we don't use trunks)

Cool lights, not wierd plastic looking ones, but ones that look like glass.

That's pretty much it, and we want it all standard for under 16.5k
Legion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 03:32 AM   #9
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5
Brand NAMES

Horsepower

Gas Millage (we don't like filling up, and are cheep)

Looks cool, but NOT VULGAR

Aerodynamic

Stiff Chassie

USB+Ipod would be nice

LEATHER as it's easier to clean, and we spill shit.

VERY cheep price

NICE RIMS

NOT a "Small car", not a "boat"

POWER EVERYTHING

More rear seat space than trunk space. (we don't use trunks)

Cool lights, not wierd plastic looking ones, but ones that look like glass.

That's pretty much it, and we want it all standard for under 16.5k

The leather will have to be from cows with mad cow disease, and the rims will have to be from pop cans to be under $16,500

How about flame thrower exhaust I'm pretty sure they're legal, and they go for under $125
Old 10-21-2005, 05:22 AM   #10
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaDie4TheGov
I think its gonna be awhile before you ever see a v8 honda car. they are jsut about to introduce it to the ridgeline. honda is known for their economy cars not for powerhouses. I imagine if they made a v8 car it wouldn't sell to well and it wouldn't be too different from an american v8. They are just about to release the first only v6 car in a few years. i think its called the legendary. v6 fdw luxury car. honda is all about fwd economy cars and saying something like that is completely off the charts with stupid
I never said they should do it, i just think it'd be kinda cool (or if some Import company did it). Thats why i have my own plan to make a RWD V8 Civic . Hopefully have it atleast started before the end of Highschool lol.

Old 10-21-2005, 05:57 AM   #11
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
I never said they should do it, i just think it'd be kinda cool (or if some Import company did it). Thats why i have my own plan to make a RWD V8 Civic . Hopefully have it atleast started before the end of Highschool lol.
I'm sure I've seen that somewhere before....ChrisV posted something like that, I'm sure

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 06:20 AM   #12
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
How about right-hand drive in countries with left hand drive, and vise versa...

WHY? That doesn't make any sense. Being on the right side of the road, on the right side of your car would just be pointless! It makes sense the way things are set up, because it balances out. I think you just want that because you associate RHD with cool Japanese cars that we can't buy here. Its silly.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:07 PM   #13
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
WHY? That doesn't make any sense. Being on the right side of the road, on the right side of your car would just be pointless! It makes sense the way things are set up, because it balances out. I think you just want that because you associate RHD with cool Japanese cars that we can't buy here. Its silly.

I didn't want it for practicality, I just thought they would look like they were imported straight from Japan or Australia, and it looks cool
Old 10-22-2005, 06:19 AM   #14
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I'm sure I've seen that somewhere before....ChrisV posted something like that, I'm sure
Do you mean this one: http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=10996