Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2004, 06:50 PM   #1
Hizp
CF Newbie

Tyre Cleaning and General Car cleaning

My mazda 626 car tyres allways get really dirt and brake dust tends to stick to them, could anyone suggest a way of making them sparkle using a home made forumula or something??

Couldanyone suggest some tips for selling a secobd hands car?? Such as polish it, etc...

Thanks 4 ur help in advance!!

Hizp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 06:51 PM   #2
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hizp
My mazda 626 car tyres allways get really dirt and brake dust tends to stick to them, could anyone suggest a way of making them sparkle using a home made forumula or something??

Couldanyone suggest some tips for selling a secobd hands car?? Such as polish it, etc...

1. Hand brush, dish soap.

2. Advertise.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 06:56 PM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:

I'm wondering how many miles a 13 year old can put on his car to get it dirty.

Ditto what Bav said.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 10:46 PM   #4
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Quote:
could anyone suggest a way of making them sparkle using a home made forumula or something?

A handbrush and dish soap like BavarianWheels said can make a good a start. I don't know of any homemade formulas but there are plenty of products out there.

Quote:

I’ll take you through possibly the best valeting procedure: -
1. Before you start, take everything out of or/and off the car that shouldn’t be there when it gets sold.
Take out the mats before beating and vacuuming them. They’re then ready to be shampooed and vacuumed again before being left to dry.
2. Spray the car with a high-pressure jet, including inside the wheel arches.
3. What sort of wheels do you have?
4. Shampoo the car.
5. Blast the car off again.
6. Scrape the excess water off the car with a squeegee.
7. Dry the car off with a piece of chammy leather.
8. Use a cloth to wipe the inside of the doors around the edges and the doorframes.
8. Apply polish the windows on the inside.
9. Apply some shine to the tyres. There are sprays that don't cost much.
10. Buff the polish off the inside of the windows.
11. Vacuum the interior.
12. Shampoo the upholstery. You can get upholstery spray as well, which is useful on extra grimey parts or/and stains. It’s best to vacuum each section as you go e.g. shampoo the driver’s seat and then vacuum it before going on to the passenger seat.
13. Spray and wipe all the plastic parts in the interior with the suitable cockpit cleaner.
14. Apply the suitable agent to any black plastics on the exterior e.g. shoe shine, “back to black” etc.
15. Apply polish to the windows and the body and then buff the polish off.
16. Place the mats back on the carpet and place paper down on top of the mats.

Note: you'll need different shampoos for the exterior and upholstery and different polish for the windows and body. Some steps might need to be repeated i.e. vacuuming the wet mats and shampooing and spraying the upholstery.

You can use a steam cleaner for lots of things as well. If you need any more details then just ask.

Quote:
Thanks 4 ur help in advance!

A thanks after helpful replies rather than before is preferred.
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 02:33 PM   #5
tbaxleyjr
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

I wish 13 yr olds would learn to write in English, not this AIM stuff such as "4 ur" Ur was an ancient city which existed 2500 yrs ago along the Euphrates (some where near present day Iraq).

As far as cleaning the wheels and tires, a scrub brush and detergent is about the only real way. I will sometimes use a can of scouring powder (i.e. Ajax, Comet, etc.) on my whitewalls but not on my cast aluminum wheels.

In most states in the US, I thought you had to be eighteen to legally hold the title to a car due to the financilal responsibilities issues.
tbaxleyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 03:21 PM   #6
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopewite
A thanks after helpful replies rather than before is preferred.

I wonder if he was too dumb to take the hint or just too ignorant to bother to reply?
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 12:00 PM   #7
tbaxleyjr
CF Extraordinaire

Sometime in the process of growing up, some parents have not bothered to teach their youngster simple things such as saying "please," "thank you," "yes mam,", "yes sir,", etc. and other good manners as a sign of appreciation, respect, etc.
tbaxleyjr is offline   Reply With Quote