Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2004, 04:47 AM   #1
j_dawg
CF Newbie

Question about rims (pics included)

As you can see below i have a 2001 Gallery Edition Toyota Camry... i was wondering if these 5-spoke 18" Italias would fit width wize, length wise, and depth wise.... I'm a newbie to wheels and tires... i specialize in electronics and sound

as far as ive read so far, i know AN 18" rim will fit on this car, im just not sure about this rim

here is the link to the info about the Italias... you need to hit the right arrow five times to get to the italias
http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gara...1&autoModClar=

I like to edit the rims in to see how they will look, so heres a possible before and after.... (reminding you the second is fictional)

Last edited by j_dawg : 04-14-2004 at 05:16 AM.
j_dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:59 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_dawg
As you can see below i have a 2001 Gallery Edition Toyota Camry... i was wondering if these 5-spoke 18" Italias would fit width wize, length wise, and depth wise.... I'm a newbie to wheels and tires... i specialize in electronics and sound

as far as ive read so far, i know an 18" rim will fit on this car, only with low profile of course...

here is the link to the info about the Italias
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Displ...2FBlack+Accent

I like to edit the rims in to see how they will look, so heres a possible before and after.... (reminding you the second is fictional)
1. If you simply use the Tire rack web site, it will tell you if the wheels fit your car or not. Took me about 2 minutes.

2. Why do you want to just install "rims" on your car? It would look so much better with the entire wheel installed along with some nice tires.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 05:10 AM   #3
j_dawg
CF Newbie

sorry... i meant to ask if i could fit 18" ATI's on there... the tire rack website only goes up to 17"

and btw if I wanted a smartass comment, i would have asked for one
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
2. Why do you want to just install "rims" on your car? It would look so much better with the entire wheel installed along with some nice tires. "

My way of shopping goes... 1. Find rims 2. Find tires that fit rims

The average smart person would make the inexpensive item dependant upon the expensive item
--- as far as I'm concerned, i don't want to buy a set of tires over $1000

My next question is... what is a good low profile set of tires (under $500) for these rims?

Last edited by j_dawg : 04-14-2004 at 05:17 AM.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:18 AM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
sorry... i meant to ask if i could fit 18" ATI's on there... the tire rack website only goes up to 17"

and btw if I wanted a smartass comment, i would have asked for one

My way of shopping goes... 1. Find rims 2. Find tires that fit rims

The average smart person would make the inexpensive item dependant upon the expensive item
--- as far as I'm concerned, i don't want to buy a set of tires over $1600, would you?
Oh, okay, I get it. If I'm the smartass that must make you the dumbass. It's all so clear now, especially when the "rim" question goes right over your head.

By the way, the average smart person would read the site and see that the wheel you're asking about is available in 16", 17", 18", 19", 20" and 22" diameters. That's straight of the website.

To answer your question, no. But then I wouldn't waste my money putting "rims", or 18" wheels for that matter, on a Camry. It's a fine car the way it is, why f*ck it up?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 04-14-2004, 05:31 AM   #5
j_dawg
CF Newbie

why wont 18's fit? i know i'm being an ass about 1"... but i would like to learn

other types of rims the are 18" in diameter will fit....

also my second question.... whats a good low profile tire to put on there (under $500)
Old 04-14-2004, 05:33 AM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Out of all the forums i have ever been to i have never been flamed by a moderator...

guess theres a first time for everything

dude wtf did i ever do to you
You are not being nor have you been flamed. I responded to your question with the obvious answer and then asked you a question. You didn't like it because I hurt your precious feelings so I simply restated my first reply. I still answered your question, why can't you answer mine, or say thanks for the answer?

Old 04-14-2004, 07:55 AM   #7
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Can you say Ghetto Camry? You live in Compton, j_dawg?

(wb, vwhobo!)

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:43 AM   #8
jmyers0341
CF Enthusiast

thats fairly good photoshopping though. got the right wheel angle and everything. actually pretty smooth looking. still ghetto.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:12 PM   #9
j_dawg
CF Newbie

ghetto's my style... no i don't live in compton... east side of chicago....

anyways.... can anyone answer my question about the 18's?
Old 04-14-2004, 02:21 PM   #10
DodgeRida67
Banned

Why in the HELL would you do that to a car?
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:14 PM   #11
j_dawg
CF Newbie

Please... guys... if you don't know please don't respond

I'm not asking for your opinion on how it looks... I just want to know if the 18's can go on this car...and if so what size tire should i get?
Old 04-14-2004, 11:27 PM   #12
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Please... guys... if you don't know please don't respond

I'm not asking for your opinion on how it looks... I just want to know if the 18's can go on this car...and if so what size tire should i get?
You just don't get it, do ya. Let me try to make it REAL SIMPLE so you can understand. If the wheels you want fit your car, the Tire Rack web site would tell you. Let's try that again because it's pretty clear you're kind of slow. IF THE WHEELS YOU WANT FIT YOUR CAR, THE TIRE RACK WEB SITE WOULD TELL YOU.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe that wheel isn't made in an 18" with your bolt pattern? Maybe the offset is incorrect? Here's a thought. Why don't you pick up the phone and call their toll free number and ask them. Until you put forth at least as much effort as you expect us to, how about if you don't respond.

Old 04-15-2004, 12:23 AM   #13
j_dawg
CF Newbie

thanks for your time everyone

o and by the way VW fagboy... go to your favorite dependable tire rack website and check the max rimsize of the Italia's on the Camry LE (which is 17), then on the Camry XLE.... hmmm something is weird there isn't it.... hmm.. both cars are exactly identical except the XLE has more horsepower...

what a f***in dumbass

I never really have liked male vw bug drivers... f***in chick cars
Old 04-15-2004, 12:35 AM   #14
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
thanks for your time everyone

o and by the way VW fagboy... go to your favorite dependable tire rack website and check the max rimsize of the Italia's on the Camry LE (which is 17), then on the Camry XLE.... hmmm something is weird there isn't it.... hmm.. both cars are exactly identical except the XLE has more horsepower...

what a f***in dumbass

I never really have liked male vw bug drivers... f***in chick cars
It amazing. You finally figured out something on your own, after being told to use the web site how many times, and now you think you're a hero.

You made me laugh so hard I almost peed my pants. Somebody who drives a Camry, apparently the new ghetto car, calling a Bug a chicks car. Now you can add something else to your list of extrordinary lifetime accomplishments besides being able to "change the windshield wiper fluid". Making an ass out of yourself in public. Congratulations, you are the new Car Forums village idiot.

Old 04-15-2004, 01:13 AM   #15
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Now this is my 99 Camry CE... http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gara...9&autoModClar=

Lol!

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote