Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2004, 09:34 PM   #76
mark_X
Banned
 
mark_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
StiMan, you forgot this dumbass. "Uh duh BMW's [probably] better". Well let me tell you something needledick... In a finite world; probably is "probably" wrong. So to further clarify your idiotic remarks, you are quoting unoffical horsepower numbers from an M5 thats is yet to exist. Sure we know its there, but its not out just yet. Also I'd like inform you that the Mercedes SL 65 AMG is the most powerful roadster in the market with a whopping +6ooRWHP and +7oo Ft-Lb.

Yes, needledick thats stock. When BMW produces a car that goes toe to toe with Ferrari 575M's,Porshe GT's, and Aston Martin Vanquish's. Then I'll give you the benefit of the doubt when you say "BMW's are probably better". Until then you can go piss up a rope or crawl back into that hole you call home n die. Do both if you wish I could really care less.

Got something to say? How about a nice cup of shut the f*ck up; think before you speak.

yes i do have something 2 say...

ur right about the SL 65 AMG those are faster than M5s and mb also has the SLR mclaren with the 600 hp V8 (0-60 mph in 3 seconds) coming out soon....

the M5 is indeed fast for a sedan but mb has the E55 AMG against it....


and for SUVs, bmw only has the x3 and x5 that arer excessively small while mb has the ml350 (will be redesigned next year) , g-class, and supposedly a new r-class....


however the M5 does have official numbers, and according to some car magazines, consumerguides, etc, the m5 does actually have a 500 hp V10....

but there's no need to tell me that i should shut up about bmw im convinced now
mark_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:56 PM   #77
SNiPeRViRuS
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 225
Look people. You will never find an answer to this type of arguement. There are way too many loyal fanboys to each side. However, as the facts prove, Mercedes-Benz make faster cars because they have the AMG supercharged engines, and are not as heavy as BMWs are. The BMW 7 series has lots of power, but due to its enormous weight(heavier than the X5) it is slower than the Mercedes-Benz counterpart. Also if BMW turbocharged and supercharged their engines, then we could probably see more BMWs that can compare with Porche and Ferrari. But its not about the what ifs, its about the facts. And right now, the facts point toward Mercedes-Benz.
__________________
SNiPeRViRuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 11:06 PM   #78
mark_X
Banned
 
mark_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 29
snipervirus is right, the the facts support mercedes...
mark_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 11:18 PM   #79
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNiPeRViRuS
Look people. You will never find an answer to this type of arguement. There are way too many loyal fanboys to each side. However, as the facts prove, Mercedes-Benz make faster cars because they have the AMG supercharged engines, and are not as heavy as BMWs are. The BMW 7 series has lots of power, but due to its enormous weight(heavier than the X5) it is slower than the Mercedes-Benz counterpart. Also if BMW turbocharged and supercharged their engines, then we could probably see more BMWs that can compare with Porche and Ferrari. But its not about the what ifs, its about the facts. And right now, the facts point toward Mercedes-Benz.

well, if you mean in terms of power - then yes, the facts favor M-B. but in terms of driver enjoyability and the like, it's up to each driver.

and you're right - people will favor one over the other for many different reasons. I prefer the Mercedes' because they have more power, and i prefer brute power over high-revviness that BMW uses. that's another thing when you compare the two - in the new M5 for example, yah, it makes 500hp. but it makes a measly 300 something foot-pounds of torque. and that 500hp is reached at a little over 6000 RPM. whereas in the Mercedes CL/SL/S 65 engine produces its torqu within 2-4 thousand RPM. I prefer the low-RPM power when compared to the high revving power. someone else might prefer the high-revving, and that's A-OK with me.
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 11:59 PM   #80
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
To John: Seeing as though I do live in Texas, the average dumbass such as yourself would think that I am a redneck. Then one must look at the fact that I live in Dallas. Then recollect that Dallas is a very large city. Hate to break it to you boys, but I dont have a cow, live on a ranch, feed the hogs every day, shoot black people, have a shotgun next to my bed, or any of that crazy mumbo jumbo. I am just a regular American who happens to have a (slight) Texan Accent, and live in Texas, and have a slight wanting to reinstate the Republic of Texas (Lol...). Sorry John, but I dont swing that way.

....Dumbass...
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:33 PM   #81
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_X
however the M5 does have official numbers, and according to some car magazines, consumerguides, etc, the m5 does actually have a 500 hp V10....

but there's no need to tell me that i should shut up about bmw im convinced now
Haha, its a shame you did'nt know all of that before you opend your mouth and attempted to reproduce intelligible input. Also for a further reference, if "SOME" magazines have the numbers, then its not official. Until BMW releases a full spec sheet, photos, and dyno numbers of their car; its not official iregardless to whatever magazine says otherwise.

So until BMW officially says that; its not official. Damn I thought you actually had something relevant to say. Don't argue with me. You're a dumbass, I know it, you know, just accept it n move on.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:15 PM   #82
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
There seem to be multiple dumbasses on this thread... How strange.. ?
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 01:29 AM   #83
SNiPeRViRuS
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
well, if you mean in terms of power - then yes, the facts favor M-B. but in terms of driver enjoyability and the like, it's up to each driver.

and you're right - people will favor one over the other for many different reasons. I prefer the Mercedes' because they have more power, and i prefer brute power over high-revviness that BMW uses. that's another thing when you compare the two - in the new M5 for example, yah, it makes 500hp. but it makes a measly 300 something foot-pounds of torque. and that 500hp is reached at a little over 6000 RPM. whereas in the Mercedes CL/SL/S 65 engine produces its torqu within 2-4 thousand RPM. I prefer the low-RPM power when compared to the high revving power. someone else might prefer the high-revving, and that's A-OK with me.

I just have one question. Stupid as it might be, I am still going to ask. Is high horsepower with high RPM better in terms of speed, or is High horsepower with low RPM better? What about Toruque? And what do you mean by high-revving? Sorry, its just I am am not good with these "terms".
__________________
SNiPeRViRuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 01:55 AM   #84
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNiPeRViRuS
I just have one question. Stupid as it might be, I am still going to ask. Is high horsepower with high RPM better in terms of speed, or is High horsepower with low RPM better? What about Toruque? And what do you mean by high-revving? Sorry, its just I am am not good with these "terms".

okay...to answer you first question - its all up to the driver. thats why there are so many different cars out there - why would the M5 (high HP, high RPM) still be out when there's the Mercedes AMG line (high hp, low RPM)? its all about driver preference

and high-revving is really just when an engine can go at high RPMs in normal driving.
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 03:57 AM   #85
What
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Costa Nocha
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNiPeRViRuS
as the facts prove, Mercedes-Benz make faster cars because they have the AMG supercharged engines, and are not as heavy as BMWs are.

That information is totally incorrect. BMW is the "weight saver". BMW produces the lightest cars in its class. Mercedes produces one of the heaviest. Mercedes packs its cars full of electronics and other weight-adding things. I can't think of ONE Mercedes Benz that comes close to being the lightest in its class. You ought to do your research boy.

ALL of the BMW "M" cars have a lower weight than its Mercedes "AMG" competitor.

BMW M3
Weight: 3460 lbs
Horsepower: 333
0-60: 4.7 seconds

Mercedes-Benz C 32 AMG
Weight: 3540 lbs
Horsepower: 354
0-60: 5.2 seconds



2005 BMW M5
Weight: 3883 lbs
Horsepower: 507
0-60: ?

Mercedes-Benz E 55 AMG
Weight: 4237 lbs
Horsepower: 469 (*lots of torque though*)
0-60: 4.3 seconds



Mercedes are known for being overweight. That's their achilles heal. BMW's are known for being lightweight and sporty, some consider the harshness that comes along with BMW sport the weakness of BMW cars. The only BMW that might weigh more than a Mercedes of equal class is the 7-series. But that's a big-ass luxury car where "sportiness" isn't a big factor.


I prefer BMW because BMW's are more of a driver's car. Mercedes has way too many computers adding input (BMW is beginning to go the "computer route" also). BMW's generally handle better also.



Snipervirus, you've got the wrong idea on "BMW" and "Mercedes".
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 04:41 AM   #86
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by What
Mercedes-Benz C 32 AMG
Weight: 3540 lbs
Horsepower: 354
0-60: 5.2 seconds

that's actually now the C55 AMG - Mercedes discontinued the C32 this year.

it now has 362 hp and weighs 3605 pounds. 0-60 time is reduced to 4.7 seconds.

and are the BMW M3 and the C32 even comparible? like...the M3 is a 2-door sports coupe, where the C55 is a 4-door speed/luxury sedan.
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:32 AM   #87
SNiPeRViRuS
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 225
So rpm doesnt really have much impact on speed at all? Cool.

What,

I admit that what I wrote wasnt stated correctly. I meant to say that the 7 series which although is one of the luxury cars, is also one of the most powerful cars too(BMW CAR THAT IS). It just is held back by its enourmous weight. It is true that the AMGs are heavier but I dont have the wrong idea. I said it is all up to the driver. AMG is just faster right now.
__________________
SNiPeRViRuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:46 AM   #88
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNiPeRViRuS
So rpm doesnt really have much impact on speed at all? Cool.

Stop before you continue. Your question was "Are higher RPM's and high HP better in terms of speed?"

Well yes and no. While alot of high speed cars generally revolutionate in excess of 10K RPM's, i.e.: Indy cars, Mazda Cup series cars, Motorcycles, touring cars, super cars, etc. You don't always need a higher maximum RPM to go faster. Of course common sense tells us the more HP you have, theoretically if your car stays the same weight, the faster your car will be.

It really depends on the engine and car. I have noticed, somone please correct me if I'm wrong, that lower RPM cars generally produce more torque than higher a RPM car will. Wich leads me to believe that the option of a higher RPM or lower depends solely on the car in wich the engine is going in

So Yes and No Sniper. It may be easier to make a higher revving car go faster, but that does not mean that higher revolutions = speed.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:15 PM   #89
SNiPeRViRuS
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 225
Ok, so it really depends on the car itself then. Thankyou for clarifying that up for me.
__________________
SNiPeRViRuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:54 PM   #90
mark_X
Banned
 
mark_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 29
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Haha, its a shame you did'nt know all of that before you opend your mouth and attempted to reproduce intelligible input. Also for a further reference, if "SOME" magazines have the numbers, then its not official. Until BMW releases a full spec sheet, photos, and dyno numbers of their car; its not official iregardless to whatever magazine says otherwise.

So until BMW officially says that; its not official. Damn I thought you actually had something relevant to say. Don't argue with me. You're a dumbass, I know it, you know, just accept it n move on.

well, i wuz just saying what i learned...(which in everyone's view, now including mine, is nothing )

and i wont argue with u..

and the info i gave made me look like a dumbass, which means ur correct again...after all, there's gotta be someone here who could hate me more, eh?

"There seems to be multiple dumbasses in this thread"

-Stiman

hey, at least im not alone
mark_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my mercedes benz waitilldasummer European Imports 3 02-03-2005 12:15 PM
Mercedes' manual gearbox, YUC!?! Cliffy European Imports 21 07-07-2004 12:53 AM
Mercedes F400 Carving Deepdish Off Topic 17 02-15-2004 02:26 AM



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.