Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2005, 05:27 AM   #1
Jay-G
Banned

What does everyone drive?

I drive an 01 m3 and i will keep it until the M6 comes out. I will be on that faster than my dog on beggin strips.
Jay-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 05:31 AM   #2
hhsrastler92
CF's Weekend Warrior

we have a
69 chevelle malibu 350small
03 mustang GT convertable
00 ford F150
99 Ford Expetition

ill end up wit the chevelle or F150 but il still drive the mustang when im 16

^My kids^
hhsrastler92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 05:34 AM   #3
Jay-G
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhsrastler92
we have a
69 chevelle malibu 350small
03 mustang GT convertable
00 ford F150
99 Ford Expetition

ill end up wit the chevelle or F150 but il still drive the mustang when im 16

those chevelles are my favorite muscle cars- sooooo cool. My dad drove a 65 chevelle ss and a 70 monte carlo ss 454. Try to convince your parents to let you drive the chevelle- tell them that you would not feel safe in a convertible, lol
Old 06-24-2005, 05:36 AM   #4
hhsrastler92
CF's Weekend Warrior

lol b4 i drive the chevelle hes gotta put disc brakes on it cause my mom

^My kids^
Old 06-24-2005, 05:55 AM   #5
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

any particular reason you wish to compare yourself to those who disaggree with you? is it because you are unsure of yourself, and you have to give yourself assurance that you are "better" then everyone else? Really, if you choose to live a life of anxiety, keep it up. you'll never be happy with yourself if the way you value yourself is based on your relative value to others around you.

you should instead look inward. decide what life goals you have. YOU. not "do better then so-and-so". what do you want to have accomplished when you're life is through? see what goals you're headed towards, and keep at them. figure out what goals dont seem to be in your grasp, and find out what YOU must do to achieve them.

Numbers are only meaningful when there are alot of them. and in the world of cars, there will always be higher numbers, sooner or later. so far as intelligence, there's always someone smarter (in any given subject).

you seem to combine the worst parts of absolutism and relativism. you MUST be the best compared to anyone else. that's now how this world works. you do the best you can, and contribute constructively where you can. thats how you get "ahead" in life.

ok... you make 200k a year. i make... 10k? but hell, i'm 18, this is my first job. what of it? i'm happy with what i'm doing. not specifically saying i like my job. but i'm happy that i have a job, that i have a car that i chose to have. i may not have everything, or even anywhere close. but if everything is what you want, then you'll never be satisfied. if to be better then everyone else is what you wish to be, you'll NEVER reach that goal. never. i promise.

thats not to say you shouldnt strive to be the best you can be. thats not to say you shouldnt try as hard as you can. but dont do it in such a way that pisses off others constantly. you'll get flack back, and it will only drag you down.

now, step back from your "i'm right, and anyone that doesnt see in the black and white version of the world that i see is WRONG." stand point, and look at the conflict you've stimulated.

where does that get you? have you gathered anything from these forums in your 90-some posts? or have you only tried to force your staunch opinion on others? have you not even considered the possibilities that you may not be right about everything? think about it.

maybe i'll give you some credit if you manage to read all that, and type up an educated response.

EDIT: and to answer the actual question, i drive a 2003 dodge neon r/t.

Last edited by pik_d : 06-24-2005 at 05:58 AM.
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 05:59 AM   #6
hhsrastler92
CF's Weekend Warrior

r u talkin 2me?????

^My kids^
Old 06-24-2005, 05:59 AM   #7
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

erm, i started typing that before anyone had replied to the topic. directed at jay-g.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:00 AM   #8
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Hahaha this should be good, Jay-G any comments?

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:01 AM   #9
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekWarrior
Hahaha this should be good, Jay-G any comments?
now now, i was actually being sincere. thats how i've mentally broken down his actions. i'd truthfully like him to sit back and read that. giving it the proper chance to sink in, and see if he agrees with ANY of it.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:03 AM   #10
hhsrastler92
CF's Weekend Warrior

i dont get it??

^My kids^
Old 06-24-2005, 06:04 AM   #11
Jay-G
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
any particular reason you wish to compare yourself to those who disaggree with you? is it because you are unsure of yourself, and you have to give yourself assurance that you are "better" then everyone else? Really, if you choose to live a life of anxiety, keep it up. you'll never be happy with yourself if the way you value yourself is based on your relative value to others around you.

you should instead look inward. decide what life goals you have. YOU. not "do better then so-and-so". what do you want to have accomplished when you're life is through? see what goals you're headed towards, and keep at them. figure out what goals dont seem to be in your grasp, and find out what YOU must do to achieve them.

Numbers are only meaningful when there are alot of them. and in the world of cars, there will always be higher numbers, sooner or later. so far as intelligence, there's always someone smarter (in any given subject).

you seem to combine the worst parts of absolutism and relativism. you MUST be the best compared to anyone else. that's now how this world works. you do the best you can, and contribute constructively where you can. thats how you get "ahead" in life.

ok... you make 200k a year. i make... 10k? but hell, i'm 18, this is my first job. what of it? i'm happy with what i'm doing. not specifically saying i like my job. but i'm happy that i have a job, that i have a car that i chose to have. i may not have everything, or even anywhere close. but if everything is what you want, then you'll never be satisfied. if to be better then everyone else is what you wish to be, you'll NEVER reach that goal. never. i promise.

thats not to say you shouldnt strive to be the best you can be. thats not to say you shouldnt try as hard as you can. but dont do it in such a way that pisses off others constantly. you'll get flack back, and it will only drag you down.

now, step back from your "i'm right, and anyone that doesnt see in the black and white version of the world that i see is WRONG." stand point, and look at the conflict you've stimulated.

where does that get you? have you gathered anything from these forums in your 90-some posts? or have you only tried to force your staunch opinion on others? have you not even considered the possibilities that you may not be right about everything? think about it.

maybe i'll give you some credit if you manage to read all that, and type up an educated response.

EDIT: and to answer the actual question, i drive a 2003 dodge neon r/t.

sweet ride- only an american POS could find a way to get 15 mpg out of a 4 cylinder. hahahahahahhahah. This further proves that you are a dumbass- just for wanting that hunk of junk. hahahhahahahahahhahahh- if i drove that, i wouldnt tell others abotu it. I loooooove pulling up next to them at stoplights. The owners think that they are cool. I point at them and laugh. Then burn them at the takeoff.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:04 AM   #12
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

lets see, I actually OWN a 92 sundance.

mostly drive a 96 dakota

have driven a 64 dodge 3 ton, 47 dodge 1 ton, 95 dodge neon, 91 and 02 carvans, 03 concorde

all family vehicles....talk about a true dodge family
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:06 AM   #13
Jay-G
Banned

the simple fact is, I am better "then" you, as a person. I make $200,000 and I am 26 yrs old. hahahahahhahahahahhahahahaha. I am also currently making myself a better person, as i am getting a law degree.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:06 AM   #14
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-G
sweet ride- only an american POS could find a way to get 15 mpg out of a 4 cylinder. hahahahahahhahah. This further proves that you are a dumbass- just for wanting that hunk of junk. hahahhahahahahahhahahh- if i drove that, i wouldnt tell others abotu it. I loooooove pulling up next to them at stoplights. The owners think that they are cool. I point at them and laugh. Then burn them at the takeoff.

Oh jeez, aren't you the cool one. Driving a BMW M3(yeah, right), and peeling off against a Neon.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:06 AM   #15
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-G
double that mileage and you'll be CLOSER to what it actually is. not quite there yet though.

good job ignoring the bulk of a post, even though you quoted it anyways.

keep on running from the truth.