Old 12-04-2005, 05:19 AM   #46
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95civicdima
post 100

Actually it's 101

Congrats BTW

I think it's not a bad idea, getting a Prelude in June, but be certain that's what you want...look at all of your other options. I've made a lot of stupid decisions like that, like with video game systems
Old 12-04-2005, 05:21 AM   #47
95civicdima
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Actually it's 101

Congrats BTW

I think it's not a bad idea, getting a Prelude in June, but be certain that's what you want...look at all of your other options. I've made a lot of stupid decisions like that, like with video game systems

Actually this is post 101 but thanks. I know what you mean i kind of made that same mistake with my civic. I rushed into it. I see the prelude appealing. I really wanna test drive a few before i by em. So i'll probably look for a few dealerships and see if i can test drive a few. I like the car's power. A 4 cylinder car so it's somewhat economical. It's fast car. Supposedly it can beat a 2000 mustang gt the si
Old 12-04-2005, 05:22 AM   #48
95civicdima
CF Addict

Quote:
Actually this is post 101 but thanks. I know what you mean i kind of made that same mistake with my civic. I rushed into it. I see the prelude appealing. I really wanna test drive a few before i by em. So i'll probably look for a few dealerships and see if i can test drive a few. I like the car's power. A 4 cylinder car so it's somewhat economical. It's fast car. Supposedly it can beat a 2000 mustang gt the si
'

You were right it was post 101
Old 12-04-2005, 05:54 AM   #49
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Does something like making up performance chips ring a bell? Oh and it's not imaginary because i never said i was going to get a engine swap i said i was going to look for a prelude. So get your shit right you ****ing moron. Second off that's my intelligence?! Don't you dare think that you are in ANY place smarter than me. You have no place to call me dumb. FYI to all of you 6000le talked about himself being gay the first few weeks i talked to him.
And is there something wrong with that? Do you have problems with gays?
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 05:55 AM   #50
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
IT'S NOT RACIAL! I DON'T WANT YOU POSTING ON THREADS I MAKE IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM I DON'T RESPECT ANYTHING THAT COMES OUT OF YOUR STUPID ASS FACE! Take your lies somewhere else fool
Once again. Free forum, and I can post where I want. Im not doing anything wrong so if you have a problem, why not ask the mods? Im sure they will turn you down
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 07:22 AM   #51
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Well from what I've heard it's kind of a 'mental retardation' or 'problem' in the brain that makes a person that way (not saying that is true or not), so if that is true then technically there has to be something wrong to BE gay

Man that made me crack up lol

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 07:33 AM   #52
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

Not sure but I doubt it. Bring up the si's specs if you really want to see by googling it, and post it here if you do.

"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Old 12-04-2005, 08:03 AM   #53
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:

A new Si will not beat a 99-04 GT... The GT just outpowers it.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 05:38 PM   #54
95civicdima
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
A new Si will not beat a 99-04 GT... The GT just outpowers it.

Yea you are probably right. I've been looking at the spec's of both. The SI is lighter and has a dohc. Also 160 hp. Torque i think was like 203. The mustang DEFINETLY has like 230 hp, but has a sohc. Definetly pretty heavy though and it is a rwd so that'll help it out. Honestly i don't think that would be such a bad race i don't think the mustang will dominate the si i think the si would probably give it a run for it's money.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:56 PM   #55
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

I like Preludes. Pretty quick and good looking cars.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:44 PM   #56
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Yea you are probably right. I've been looking at the spec's of both. The SI is lighter and has a dohc. Also 160 hp. Torque i think was like 203. The mustang DEFINETLY has like 230 hp, but has a sohc. Definetly pretty heavy though and it is a rwd so that'll help it out. Honestly i don't think that would be such a bad race i don't think the mustang will dominate the si i think the si would probably give it a run for it's money.

Okay....

SOHC and DOHC, or OHV doesnt matter. IT just matters how much power eaqch car has and what driveline it's getting put down with.

The 99-04 GT have 260hp, about 300tq and are obviously RWD. They run approximately 14 second 1/4 miles.

The 06-up Si has about 220-225hp and 155-160tq and is obviously FWD. So far only a lot of good guestimates have been given as what they can do, but most people concur they are probably 14.7-14.8ish cars.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 07:15 PM   #57
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias

Man that made me crack up lol
Lmao, glad I could be of some help

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 08:14 PM   #58
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

No, for the most part it would dominate it.

Old 12-04-2005, 08:40 PM   #59
95civicdima
CF Addict

Does anyone think that a prelude si 1994 will be a good fast car...racing wise? I'm not gonna race either way but just for the fact of knowing
Old 12-04-2005, 08:42 PM   #60
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Does anyone think that a prelude si 1994 will be a good fast car...racing wise? I'm not gonna race either way but just for the fact of knowing
Like for street lights? Well it wouldn't be a bad car, alot better than your current Civic, thats for sure, and it also has alot more potential so.