Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2005, 08:44 PM   #61
95civicdima
CF Addict

OH! and i forgot can i put a turbo in them and a cai? I mean what kind of good perfomances would someone recommend for installation. This is all going to help me pick out my next car. I really like the prelude but dislike how i can only TOPS fit 3 ppl in it. Has anyone been in the back seat of one?
Old 12-04-2005, 08:47 PM   #62
95civicdima
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Like for street lights? Well it wouldn't be a bad car, alot better than your current Civic, thats for sure, and it also has alot more potential so.

Could you elaborate on that please? What specifically? Oh and come on don't dis my civic i really like and will still very much miss it when i get a different car. I do admit it's power isn't that great but it runs well.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:50 PM   #63
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95civicdima
Could you elaborate on that please? What specifically? Oh and come on don't dis my civic i really like and will still very much miss it when i get a different car. I do admit it's power isn't that great but it runs well.

I don't think I dissed on it in any way shape or form. The Prelude will have more potentia,l period. As in the stock power, the engine itself is superior, just as well the car looks nice as well.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 08:56 PM   #64
95civicdima
CF Addict

Quote:
I don't think I dissed on it in any way shape or form. The Prelude will have more potentia,l period. As in the stock power, the engine itself is superior, just as well the car looks nice as well.

yea i talked it over with my parents and they are cool as long as i have ALL the money straight up. Not like a loan that i took with the civic but all of it in advance
Old 12-04-2005, 08:58 PM   #65
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
yea i talked it over with my parents and they are cool as long as i have ALL the money straight up. Not like a loan that i took with the civic but all of it in advance
Do you pay for your own insurance, chances are insurance will be more on the si.

"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Old 12-04-2005, 09:00 PM   #66
95civicdima
CF Addict

Quote:
Do you pay for your own insurance, chances are insurance will be more on the si.

Yea i do pay my own insurence. I don't think it'll be THAT much more. The thing is i was thinkin after the snow dies down and i finish off this semester i might take a delivery job or something. Get practice driven and get really good money 80 bucks a night. Maybe 2 times a week that's about 640 a month. I do repairs and shit for people on their computer make an average of 300 a month. I work at a walgreens too make about 160 every two weeks. So Counting on the other job i could definetly pull in good money and save up within 3-4 months
Old 12-05-2005, 01:07 AM   #67
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Yea i do pay my own insurence. I don't think it'll be THAT much more. The thing is i was thinkin after the snow dies down and i finish off this semester i might take a delivery job or something. Get practice driven and get really good money 80 bucks a night. Maybe 2 times a week that's about 640 a month. I do repairs and shit for people on their computer make an average of 300 a month. I work at a walgreens too make about 160 every two weeks. So Counting on the other job i could definetly pull in good money and save up within 3-4 months

True, but jsut to say It'll still prolly be significantly more than your civic.

Old 12-05-2005, 04:28 AM   #68
Aondor
CF Addict

prelude

as before stated by me it will fit 4 peopel in a prelude the peopel in the back will just be uncomftorable and won't fit if there over 6'4(with out serious squeeze)
Aondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:23 AM   #69
Vlad
CF Addict

If you have the chance, definatly get a prelude. I have a 98 and love it. I'd highly recomend one. The 94 Si is a different car, but still looks good, but not as fast, unless you get the 94 VTEC with the H22 in it, and you'll have close to 200 horses. You can fit 4 people in a lude, especially if the driver is not tall and doesn't have the seat all the way back. If you try you can get 5 people to fit. Not comfortably for a long trip, but they fit lol...

And were you talking about the 06 civic Si or the 94 prelude Si when you said it could keep up with a mustang GT? As thunderbird pointed out, the civic will likely lose, and the lude Si will get owned easily. The GT has 100 more hp and way more torque.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:25 PM   #70
95civicdima
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad
If you have the chance, definatly get a prelude. I have a 98 and love it. I'd highly recomend one. The 94 Si is a different car, but still looks good, but not as fast, unless you get the 94 VTEC with the H22 in it, and you'll have close to 200 horses. You can fit 4 people in a lude, especially if the driver is not tall and doesn't have the seat all the way back. If you try you can get 5 people to fit. Not comfortably for a long trip, but they fit lol...

And were you talking about the 06 civic Si or the 94 prelude Si when you said it could keep up with a mustang GT? As thunderbird pointed out, the civic will likely lose, and the lude Si will get owned easily. The GT has 100 more hp and way more torque.

That's cool you definetly gave me some info i needed to hear. Honestly i have no idea why i said the mustang thing it wasn't really a bright thing to say. You're definetly right outpowered and out performed. Your 98 how much did it cost you if you don't mind me asking. Also i'm definetly going to be on a 6500 budget when buying. Maybe a little more. Have any particular recommendation for that money range? Year, model, price's?
Old 12-06-2005, 08:49 AM   #71
Vlad
CF Addict

I paid 8 grand for my 98, had 77,000 miles when I bought it. For 6500, you'll probably be looking at 4th gens, 92-96. Will probably be hard to find a 5th gen for that price but if you do, get it. Personally I would only get the VTEC model of the 4th gens. Its the strongest one with the H22, 200 horses. You could probably find a 93ish one or so for under 6500. If you can't get the Si, 160hp.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:25 PM   #72
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad
I paid 8 grand for my 98, had 77,000 miles when I bought it. For 6500, you'll probably be looking at 4th gens, 92-96. Will probably be hard to find a 5th gen for that price but if you do, get it. Personally I would only get the VTEC model of the 4th gens. Its the strongest one with the H22, 200 horses. You could probably find a 93ish one or so for under 6500. If you can't get the Si, 160hp.

Just to be fair they actually rated the 92-96 VTEC models at 190hp, it was 200hp in the later 97-01 gen (195hp on the first few models).

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:05 AM   #73
Vlad
CF Addict

Quote:
Just to be fair they actually rated the 92-96 VTEC models at 190hp, it was 200hp in the later 97-01 gen (195hp on the first few models).

True. I knew that was the case but forgot about it as I was typing.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:59 AM   #74
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:

Personally dude, I'll tell you honestly, although the Prelude is a nice car, I don't know if it's worth it. You've finally payed off the civic, and instead of enjoying it you start paying again? Working 2 jobs will be hard, you can't forget school/college, that's very important.

What's the need of a faster car anyway? I mean, it's not like you plan on dragging daily and your civic gets you around fine. Of course this is all in IMO, and I'll support your decision either way; I just wanted to toss my opinion in there.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 05:03 AM   #75
95civicdima
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
Personally dude, I'll tell you honestly, although the Prelude is a nice car, I don't know if it's worth it. You've finally payed off the civic, and instead of enjoying it you start paying again? Working 2 jobs will be hard, you can't forget school/college, that's very important.

What's the need of a faster car anyway? I mean, it's not like you plan on dragging daily and your civic gets you around fine. Of course this is all in IMO, and I'll support your decision either way; I just wanted to toss my opinion in there.

If everything goes planned then i'll be going to drexel for the co-op and be paying my tuition that way so i'm not really worried about college affordability. As far as drag racing...i don't intend on EVER doing it. The faster car...well i dunno i figure i might as well have something to work towards. Saving up money is no fun without a goal and just spending it all is just dumb. I figure a different car is something to look forward to. The prelude is just an idea i like no 100% gaurantee i'll be getting it at all. I've test drove 3 already (the exact one i want too.. and let me say it's a fun car). So i respect your opinion and the civic was only intended on being a starter car not a car to have forever. Who knows i might change my mind a 100 times between now and june we'll see what happens