Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2006, 09:05 AM   #16
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

I thought it was kind of funny, just be careful because some people are really crazy out their if you mess with them and they will do alot more than throw something back at you. Once a guy actually got out of his truck at a red light to yell at me because he said I cut him off and then he tried running me off the road in his 250 towing a trailer. I had me and three of my friends in the car so if he would have done anything to the car or my friends I would be willing to literally killing the guy. It was ironic that the incident happened to his car for what he did, but sometimes you have to think if its really worth it.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:44 PM   #17
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Where I agree these situations are kind of second nature to some people, and that 9 out of 10 times you will be the one who scares them, what happens if the driver of the other car realises he's just had Coke thrown through his window, and pulls out a gun and aims at you? persuing you untill his finally runs you off the road. After having done that, he sees what he's done and gets out of his car, with his gun, and approaches your car...now what will you do? throw another Coke at him? No, chances are you'll be regretting the whole incident ever happened. Given that so many people hold guns etc over there, I'd be extreamly weary of doing what you done...

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:06 PM   #18
glagon1979
daddy x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Where I agree these situations are kind of second nature to some people, and that 9 out of 10 times you will be the one who scares them, what happens if the driver of the other car realises he's just had Coke thrown through his window, and pulls out a gun and aims at you? persuing you untill his finally runs you off the road. After having done that, he sees what he's done and gets out of his car, with his gun, and approaches your car...now what will you do? throw another Coke at him? No, chances are you'll be regretting the whole incident ever happened. Given that so many people hold guns etc over there, I'd be extreamly weary of doing what you done...

i had a gun pulled on me once. its a life changing event that i will never forget. lets just say that i will never give the other person a chance to pull one again. guns are for people who cant fight anyways.
glagon1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:50 PM   #19
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy

I've actually had an unloaded gun pulled on me once (in a p[arking lot, some moron trying to steal my Accord), kind of shocking at first but as soon as I figured out it was unloaded I gave the guy a hard time

I've also had a knife pulled on me once in a gas station parking lot (Again, idiot trying to steal the Accord) and I was mad at that point because I had been lost for 45 minutes and had no cell phone...I just chased him off.

I guess I'm immune to gun/knife situations? The perks living in south Atlanta.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:14 PM   #20
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

you shouldve got right in front of the guy and flashed your brakes

nice story though,

as for the ignorant dangerous part or whatever, maybe it wouldve been better at "around town" speeds.

but still, very funny

edit, and as for the gun/knife incidents, man your car must be on a list somewhere or somethin

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."

Last edited by nighthawk : 04-18-2006 at 03:16 PM.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:22 PM   #21
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

I love this quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I know how to handle my car, I dont care what happens to him, I care about myself and anyone else in my car.

So you're willing to kill three people just because they showed a gross lack of intelligence?

Ok, you want a hypothetical situation, here's one. And a very likely one at that.

Suppose your drink had gotten into the driver's eyes. Now your car and mine are roughly the same size, weight, and all. A Monte Carlo SS is a big car, much heftier than yours or mine. Now suppose that the driver was temporarily blinded, as he would be, and he jerks his hands off the wheel to wipe his eyes. I can honestly say that niether me, you, or Michael Andretti would be able to hold either one of our cars on the road after being sideswiped at highway speeds by a Monte Carlo. What makes you so confident?

Another hypothetical situation, just as likely as the first.

This driver seems the type who gets pissed off very easily, and I'm not talking about you. Suppose after having the drink tossed at them, one of them pulled out a gun and started shooting instead of taking off? Suppose they chased you down, taking potshots at you until they either ran out of ammunition or you crashed off the side of the road, would you find it funny then?

There are lots of stupid people out there. The best way to deal with it is to know you're better than they are and get on with life. But dealing with things as you do, you're no better than they are.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:12 PM   #22
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Well, today I drove back from Atlanta to Baton Rouge to finish off my semester. I was on I-10W on the Mississippi/Louisiana border (2-lane interstate on each side) and I was in the left lane in a 8-10 car line going about 70mph (slow car blocking the flow)...

So a blue 2002-ish Monte Carlo SS (supercharged Series II 3.8) comes blowing up in the right hand lane and passes me by and then gets stuck behind a slow 60-65mph truck. The driver then is desperate to get into the left lane to get around this truck but there is really no room in this long line of cars I'm in, in the left lane (slightly less than a car-length between the vehicles, basically)...So this @sshole decides to try and sneak in in front of me and he totally would of clipped my front end had I not slowed down and let him in as he was pushing his way in. I then stood on my horn and didnt let up to let the driver know they were being @sses. Then I proceed to get three fingers from the left right and sunroof windows respectively (totally stupid) from the Monte Carlo SS. I get a little pissed and decide to have fun with this clown. When I find my line I get in the right lane and pull up side-by-side with the Monte and they had their windows down so I gave these 30ish aged couple a few words and the finger (going about 75-80mph)...they say some crap back and what do I do?

I grab my burger king drink I was drinking from dinner earlier and proceed to say "Eat drink b*tches" and threw a perfect throw of my king size cup of diet coke right through their passenger side window and hit the passenger and exploded everywhere in their car. Obviously I was cracking up at this point and they thought I must be insane so they try and get away from me as quick as possible...

(This is where it gets good)... So he gets in the right lane in front of me and lays down HARD on the throttle and pulls away. I'd say they got up to 100-105mph then laid off the throttle and I see a huge steady stream of black smoke come out from UNDERNEATH the engine (not the exhaust) and then BAM...the supercharger belt snapped and fell out beneath the car.

I then pulled over as quickly as I could and had to sit there cracking up for about 5 minutes. This has got to be the one of the top 3 funniest things in driving a car I've ever witnessed, probably ever will.

That's about as stupid as it's funny though... Maybe somethin that belongs in a movie lol

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:25 PM   #23
adamc44
CF Freak

if someone is tailgating me ill spray my window washer fluid so it flys back on them and cleans my windows in the process.
my dad had a similiar experience, he was driving his 1978 chevy pickup (ol betsy) and had just bought an ice cream cone. this 23yr old kid from minford ohio i used to play basketball against comes flying up behind him. my dad doesnt drive very fast anyways and hes just enjoyin his ice cream. he pulls over to where hes doing a small construction job(hes an equipment operator) and scott pulls up beside him. he begins running his mouth sayin welfare mother ****er get off the ****ing road and so forth...one things for sure, my dad is definately not welfare, he has a 250000 dollar home, a small farm, and hes earned everything by the sweat of his brow. dad was pissed and takes his ice cream cone and just flips it over into scotts car and it slides right across his dash. it kinda stuns scott that dad just did this, so scott grabs the ice cream cone and flings it back at my dad, it goes through his drivers side window and out the passengers side. dad says now ya want me to whoop your ass, and scott was freakin out so he floored it and got the hell outa there. lol. scott was a little whiny bitch back in school when i played basketball, guess he stills is. dad still cracks up everytime he tells this story.

http://www.myspace.com/adamc44

adamc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:00 PM   #24
What?
Banned

Quote:
..what do I do? I grab my burger king drink I was drinking from dinner earlier and proceed to throw a perfect throw of my king size cup of diet coke right through their passenger side window and hit the passenger and exploded everywhere in their car. (at 75 mph)...
That was very foolish and unmanly of you to throw soda in another man's car. Because he cut you off, you attempt murder? Do you know how difficult that will be to clean? That's just not cool, at all. Never damage a man's vehicle or jeopardize someone's life because of "road-rage". That's bitch sh*t. A man should be able to control himself.

Quote:
I know how to handle my car, I dont care what happens to him, I care about myself and anyone else in my car...If he crashed his car, he deserved it, one less idiot off the road. I'm not embarassed one bit and will do this again if this happens again...
Do you really care about yourself? You knowing how to handle your car would have had little impact if he would have slammed into you. You can't handle your way out of that dummy. And you don't care if you killed a man? It wouldn't bother you at all? You're lucky he didn't crash and die because the road you were driving on is laced with cameras, and if he would have crashed and died, your dumbass would be in jail. Your future ruined. You'd be crying in jail having your sh*t pushed in by other murderers who'll never get a job. What future? Stupid bitch.

Your story wasn't funny at all. Especially not from a grown man's perspective.
What? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:16 PM   #25
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamc44
if someone is tailgating me ill spray my window washer fluid so it flys back on them and cleans my windows in the process.
my dad had a similiar experience, he was driving his 1978 chevy pickup (ol betsy) and had just bought an ice cream cone. this 23yr old kid from minford ohio i used to play basketball against comes flying up behind him. my dad doesnt drive very fast anyways and hes just enjoyin his ice cream. he pulls over to where hes doing a small construction job(hes an equipment operator) and scott pulls up beside him. he begins running his mouth sayin welfare mother ****er get off the ****ing road and so forth...one things for sure, my dad is definately not welfare, he has a 250000 dollar home, a small farm, and hes earned everything by the sweat of his brow. dad was pissed and takes his ice cream cone and just flips it over into scotts car and it slides right across his dash. it kinda stuns scott that dad just did this, so scott grabs the ice cream cone and flings it back at my dad, it goes through his drivers side window and out the passengers side. dad says now ya want me to whoop your ass, and scott was freakin out so he floored it and got the hell outa there. lol. scott was a little whiny bitch back in school when i played basketball, guess he stills is. dad still cracks up everytime he tells this story.
lol, not THAT is funny, and not stupid, all in one! Well, it's at least not AS stupid as thunderbird's story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by What?
That was very foolish and unmanly of you to throw soda in another man's car. Because he cut you off, you attempt murder?

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:51 PM   #26
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
I've actually had an unloaded gun pulled on me once (in a p[arking lot, some moron trying to steal my Accord), kind of shocking at first but as soon as I figured out it was unloaded I gave the guy a hard time

I've also had a knife pulled on me once in a gas station parking lot (Again, idiot trying to steal the Accord) and I was mad at that point because I had been lost for 45 minutes and had no cell phone...I just chased him off.

I guess I'm immune to gun/knife situations? The perks living in south Atlanta.
Sorry, but that sounds like a school boy story to me. Maybe it's an everyday occurence in your part of the world, but over here, nobody would try and jack an Accord....

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:13 AM   #27
Wally
I Know More Than You

Well while I was reading the post I couldn't help but think it is a bit embellished. I'm still trying to fathom how playing silly buggers with a couple of tonnes of metal and putting three lives in immediate peril is funny? What about the secondary fatalities that might occur as proceeding vehicles slam into the mangled mess of the blood and coke soaked Monte Carlo SS? How would you handle the glare of the cameras and media as you walked into court to answer your actions in causing the death of several people. How would you handle yourself as someone else's bitch while serving time?

If I'm reading right, this was a funny incident so road rage doesn't come into it; you threw a coca cola missile for pleasure. Sure the driver of the Monte Carlo SS was behaving stupidly in the first place, but why did you have to compound the danger by aggravating him even more?
Old 04-19-2006, 12:13 AM   #28
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
I love this quote.

So you're willing to kill three people just because they showed a gross lack of intelligence?

Ok, you want a hypothetical situation, here's one. And a very likely one at that.

Suppose your drink had gotten into the driver's eyes. Now your car and mine are roughly the same size, weight, and all. A Monte Carlo SS is a big car, much heftier than yours or mine. Now suppose that the driver was temporarily blinded, as he would be, and he jerks his hands off the wheel to wipe his eyes. I can honestly say that niether me, you, or Michael Andretti would be able to hold either one of our cars on the road after being sideswiped at highway speeds by a Monte Carlo. What makes you so confident?

Another hypothetical situation, just as likely as the first.

This driver seems the type who gets pissed off very easily, and I'm not talking about you. Suppose after having the drink tossed at them, one of them pulled out a gun and started shooting instead of taking off? Suppose they chased you down, taking potshots at you until they either ran out of ammunition or you crashed off the side of the road, would you find it funny then?

There are lots of stupid people out there. The best way to deal with it is to know you're better than they are and get on with life. But dealing with things as you do, you're no better than they are.

Fair enough, you deal with idiots one way, I'll deal with them another. Sounds good.

~Blow your mind~

Old 04-19-2006, 12:15 AM   #29
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Fair enough, you deal with idiots one way, I'll deal with them another. Sounds good.
By being one yourself. Good job loser.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:17 AM   #30
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by What?
That was very foolish and unmanly of you to throw soda in another man's car. Because he cut you off, you attempt murder? Do you know how difficult that will be to clean? That's just not cool, at all. Never damage a man's vehicle or jeopardize someone's life because of "road-rage". That's bitch sh*t. A man should be able to control himself.

Do you really care about yourself? You knowing how to handle your car would have had little impact if he would have slammed into you. You can't handle your way out of that dummy. And you don't care if you killed a man? It wouldn't bother you at all? You're lucky he didn't crash and die because the road you were driving on is laced with cameras, and if he would have crashed and died, your dumbass would be in jail. Your future ruined. You'd be crying in jail having your sh*t pushed in by other murderers who'll never get a job. What future? Stupid bitch.

Your story wasn't funny at all. Especially not from a grown man's perspective.

Of course I care about myself, I just happen to live closer to the edge than others, you dont have too. Hey, if someone puts me out, someone puts me out, we all die one day or another!

No one got injured, everything's fine. Don't worry about it.

~Blow your mind~