Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2007, 04:53 AM   #16
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
ahahaha you are a tool

Doesnt look cheap to me at all..everything flows well and is easy to use, not to mention the gauge cluster is beautiful.i know this because ive driven the car, as well as the aveo that had a strange clunk at 20k miles around every bump and turn...and this was all 4 of them
Looks to me like if you had a drink in those cupholders your hand would hit while shifting. IMO I much prefer the new mustang interior over that hondas.

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:02 AM   #17
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Just to nit-pick, because I doubt anybody solely buys a car based on interior styling, the things I don't like about the Fit's interior:

-The shift knob or sleeve(?)
-The climate control knobs
-The little thing over the gauge cluster (You can see where the two pieces join together and it sticks out too much)
-The way the vents in the middle bulge out

Again, none of these would be enough to make me not buy the car lol...
Old 10-29-2007, 06:55 AM   #18
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
ahahaha you are a tool

Doesnt look cheap to me at all..everything flows well and is easy to use, not to mention the gauge cluster is beautiful.i know this because ive driven the car, as well as the aveo that had a strange clunk at 20k miles around every bump and turn...and this was all 4 of them

Looks like pure trash and poorly thought out actually.

1) As previously mentioned, the cupholders.
2) Cigarette lighter. Smokers beware.
3) Climate control knobs look like they've been tacked on as an afterthought.
4) Factory radio = EXPENSIVE upgrade to aftermarket stereo. A huge panel kit to fill that giant area, as well as the giant blank space it's going to create.
5) Vents don't flow with the interior.
6) What is that little slot above the glovebox? a place to put a couple condoms? Drive this little shitbox and they'd expire before you'd ever use them.

Here's a "cheap" Domestic interior.....the 2008 Ford Focus.

http://images.leftlanenews.com/conte...ford-focus.jpg

Shit, I'm not even a Ford fan and I'm digging this interior layout.

1) Steering mounted controls. No excuse for drivers to be distracted.
2) Blue backlighting on gauge cluster. Additional blue cabin lighting is a factory upgrade option.
3) "Heads-Up" display on top of dash, meaning you don't need to look way down for radio info.
4) All vents and knobs blend in with interior. Although yes, it would still be an expensive factory radio upgrade.
5) Although not pictured here, backlit cupholders are behind the shifter.....not down low and in front.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:57 AM   #19
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Just to nit-pick, because I doubt anybody solely buys a car based on interior styling, the things I don't like about the Fit's interior:

-The shift knob or sleeve(?)
-The climate control knobs
-The little thing over the gauge cluster (You can see where the two pieces join together and it sticks out too much)
-The way the vents in the middle bulge out

Again, none of these would be enough to make me not buy the car lol...

Although your decision on purchasing a vehicle may not be solely based on the interior, it definitely plays a large role in the decision. Why would you ever want to buy a vehicle where you hate the interior altogether? I can find more then enough wrong with the Fit's interior to make me want to look at other options.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:59 AM   #20
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Looks liek shit to me. There is almost no soft pieces in that interior.
I dont want somethign that just LOOKS nice, it needs to actually BE nice.

Just liek you may thing you car LOOKS fast, but its NOT.

Ive driven fits and they are pieces of shit. But they are economy cars so no one cars.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:01 AM   #21
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

The focus is kinda nice a little flat in the middle but thatd be the only gripe.

I think intriour panels need to either be soft (leather or a decent knock off), or prettty (aluminum, wood, you know) to make a good interior. A hard plasticy interior gets old, trust me, I drive a Camaro.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:56 AM   #22
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
Looks like pure trash and poorly thought out actually.

1) As previously mentioned, the cupholders.
2) Cigarette lighter. Smokers beware.
3) Climate control knobs look like they've been tacked on as an afterthought.
4) Factory radio = EXPENSIVE upgrade to aftermarket stereo. A huge panel kit to fill that giant area, as well as the giant blank space it's going to create.
5) Vents don't flow with the interior.
6) What is that little slot above the glovebox? a place to put a couple condoms? Drive this little shitbox and they'd expire before you'd ever use them.

Here's a "cheap" Domestic interior.....the 2008 Ford Focus.

http://images.leftlanenews.com/conte...ford-focus.jpg

Shit, I'm not even a Ford fan and I'm digging this interior layout.

1) Steering mounted controls. No excuse for drivers to be distracted.
2) Blue backlighting on gauge cluster. Additional blue cabin lighting is a factory upgrade option.
3) "Heads-Up" display on top of dash, meaning you don't need to look way down for radio info.
4) All vents and knobs blend in with interior. Although yes, it would still be an expensive factory radio upgrade.
5) Although not pictured here, backlit cupholders are behind the shifter.....not down low and in front.
I love that HUGE flat silver wedge of plastic. When im at the auto show il see if it breaks if you look at it for too long, but its so ugly I might be the first to break as soon as i see the car in person
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:00 PM   #23
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Looks liek shit to me. There is almost no soft pieces in that interior.
I dont want somethign that just LOOKS nice, it needs to actually BE nice.

Just liek you may thing you car LOOKS fast, but its NOT.

Ive driven fits and they are pieces of shit. But they are economy cars so no one cars.
personally i cant wait till clarkson makes fun of a camaro youll probbably shit yourself. ive driven mustangs and they are pieces of shit...and jeeps, and buicks, and chevys, and fords, and pontiacs. Youll never convince me, so why not go back to the farm where you belong, and the rest of us will drive good cars and youll drive a camaro because youre an american fan and you love america and you tell people who speak with an accent to "gtfo of your country" ok billy bob joe carl frank dale junior?

Old 10-29-2007, 12:27 PM   #24
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
personally i cant wait till clarkson makes fun of a camaro youll probbably shit yourself. ive driven mustangs and they are pieces of shit...and jeeps, and buicks, and chevys, and fords, and pontiacs. Youll never convince me, so why not go back to the farm where you belong, and the rest of us will drive good cars and youll drive a camaro because youre an american fan and you love america and you tell people who speak with an accent to "gtfo of your country" ok billy bob joe carl frank dale junior?
umm... wow.... you can't even make a convincing argument when you have ammunition, can you?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:34 PM   #25
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. Look at the list of cars you've owned and bragged about. Maybe it's time to pull your head out of your ass and realize what country you do live in. You know, that country called the United States of America. Where having patriotism is an okay thing. Attacking the character of a person for preferring Domestics over Imports is ignorant and small-minded. I have not actually attacked you for your fawning over Imports, I've merely argued against imports being the "best".

You know what? Call me a hick for loving Dodge. I dare ya.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:52 PM   #26
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. Look at the list of cars you've owned and bragged about. Maybe it's time to pull your head out of your ass and realize what country you do live in. You know, that country called the United States of America. Where having patriotism is an okay thing. Attacking the character of a person for preferring Domestics over Imports is ignorant and small-minded. I have not actually attacked you for your fawning over Imports, I've merely argued against imports being the "best".

You know what? Call me a hick for loving Dodge. I dare ya.
lol you dont have a hick attitude nor do your arguments seem arrogant and rude, and you actually make a point, so i take YOU seriously. BTW I really hate living here if it was up to me id be in europe...where people are cultured, not that they arent here but the majority isnt

back to topic clarkson reviews the car based on EUROPEAN taste and standards, and by their standards and mine, american cars for the most part are subpar

Old 10-29-2007, 03:53 PM   #27
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

LOL, I missed out here

well I drive a 94 Buick century and to my suprise, there isnt one square foot of cheap plastic in the interior

like hondaman once said about his lesabre, everything that looks like metal is really metal, and so on

and in my case that is true as well, the ENTIRE dash in my car is nice soft touch plastic too , the only time its not soft is when its below about -10 celsius
(and I doubt my car had very much, if any cold weather testing done but everything works perfect in any temperature so props to buick there)

and another thing, Ive never had a problem starting my crappy 90's american car I turn the key - she goes

over 150,000 kms the only replaced parts were one set of tires, two wheel bearings, and brake pads (besides oil changes etc...)

90% of the condition of a car depends on how you drive it, I Floor my car quite a few times daily, some people would call that abuse to the car - I wouldnt

flooring a car from a standstill or flooring it when you are turning (FWD) IS abuse, pretty much all the damage done to a car depends how you drive it

( maybe someone here has an uncle with a silverado and his transmission broke after only 10K on the clock, maybe he was flooring it in park and slamming it into drive?)

but back to jeremy Clarkson, I love to watch top gear ( or anything he's in)
because he is a funny guy that knows how to entertain

sometimes he pisses me off ( raced a dodge ram around a track one time against an ariel atom - how about round two with a 500lb payload in each vehicle )

some cars suck, some are great, but I can respect any car that excels in some way. as long as it doesnt suck at everything lol

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:52 PM   #28
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
LOL, I missed out here

well I drive a 94 Buick century and to my suprise, there isnt one square foot of cheap plastic in the interior

like hondaman once said about his lesabre, everything that looks like metal is really metal, and so on

and in my case that is true as well, the ENTIRE dash in my car is nice soft touch plastic too , the only time its not soft is when its below about -10 celsius
(and I doubt my car had very much, if any cold weather testing done but everything works perfect in any temperature so props to buick there)

and another thing, Ive never had a problem starting my crappy 90's american car I turn the key - she goes

over 150,000 kms the only replaced parts were one set of tires, two wheel bearings, and brake pads (besides oil changes etc...)

90% of the condition of a car depends on how you drive it, I Floor my car quite a few times daily, some people would call that abuse to the car - I wouldnt

flooring a car from a standstill or flooring it when you are turning (FWD) IS abuse, pretty much all the damage done to a car depends how you drive it

( maybe someone here has an uncle with a silverado and his transmission broke after only 10K on the clock, maybe he was flooring it in park and slamming it into drive?)

but back to jeremy Clarkson, I love to watch top gear ( or anything he's in)
because he is a funny guy that knows how to entertain

sometimes he pisses me off ( raced a dodge ram around a track one time against an ariel atom - how about round two with a 500lb payload in each vehicle )

some cars suck, some are great, but I can respect any car that excels in some way. as long as it doesnt suck at everything lol
older american cars are great. my pontiac 6000 had 152k miles when i crashed it, and it would have kept going, and yea i thought the truck/atom race was rediculous lol you put one of the fastest cars in the world against something that is used to haul around your construction materials...or in some people's cases their wife/sister and kids

this is a good video...wait till he knocks on the dash
http://youtube.com/watch?v=y5GlDagXfy4

Last edited by newyorker : 10-29-2007 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:37 PM   #29
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Uh no cause if he makes fun of it, he will probably be joking or it will have a real problem. Which Is understandable.

Mustangs are pieces of shit and so are camaros. All a camaro is, is a bad ass drivetrain, wrapped by a pretty but pretty crappy body, I dont argue that. But you need to realize your 115hp 4 door civic is also a piece of shit.

I dont by cars cause they are reliable or comfortable, I buy them either for utility or performance. My camaro is performance oriented. thats what I care about, the interior is starting to bother me so its beign completely replace, all plastics are being wrapped in leather and the seats, carpet, headliner, and some small accesories are beign replaced with new higher quality pieces.

But back to why I bought it, in the form I bought it in for 4700 dollars it had 70K miles on it and ran 13.2s right up until I tore up some synchros and bent the 3/4 shift fork.

Oh and Im not only an american fan, I like most decent performance cars, not many hondas though, because they are usually just dont perform.

About US citizens not being cultured, last I heard we are one of the most culturally diverse countries on earth. BUT, you would probably do the US more good by leaving, so please, go to europe, preferably somewhere with no access to the internet and bother them. Oh and please light your car on fire before you leave so no else has to go through the pain of seeing it.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:05 PM   #30
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Uh no cause if he makes fun of it, he will probably be joking or it will have a real problem. Which Is understandable.

Mustangs are pieces of shit and so are camaros. All a camaro is, is a bad ass drivetrain, wrapped by a pretty but pretty crappy body, I dont argue that. But you need to realize your 115hp 4 door civic is also a piece of shit.

I dont by cars cause they are reliable or comfortable, I buy them either for utility or performance. My camaro is performance oriented. thats what I care about, the interior is starting to bother me so its beign completely replace, all plastics are being wrapped in leather and the seats, carpet, headliner, and some small accesories are beign replaced with new higher quality pieces.

But back to why I bought it, in the form I bought it in for 4700 dollars it had 70K miles on it and ran 13.2s right up until I tore up some synchros and bent the 3/4 shift fork.

Oh and Im not only an american fan, I like most decent performance cars, not many hondas though, because they are usually just dont perform.

About US citizens not being cultured, last I heard we are one of the most culturally diverse countries on earth. BUT, you would probably do the US more good by leaving, so please, go to europe, preferably somewhere with no access to the internet and bother them. Oh and please light your car on fire before you leave so no else has to go through the pain of seeing it.
I agreed with you all the way up to that. People around here love my car so dont even start shit. They love it because I modded a car that noone else mods, and kept it clean and tasteful. There is nothing excessive on my car and its well balanced, thats why I get thumbs up almost everywhere I go. I go downtown and blast loud music and people love it, i take it to the local meet and its not one of those cars thats just there to count attendace but actually gets looked at, and I can head to the classic/domestic event and noone goes "oh look another ricer". Learn your shit before you talk it.

What suspension work do you have done to the car? Or is it just a straight line thing like a lot of them