Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2004, 10:51 PM   #1
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
This used to be a great forum...

... until certain mods started closing down every thread they, or some crybaby, didn't like for whatever reason. Spend some time going after the stupids and the advertisers. This is in General Chat and it seems like everyone is chatting in general. Nowhere in the title does it say "Chatting Nicely and Rubbing Each Others Fannies". You guys need to get off the unnecessary power trip and let things flow. On with some General Chat.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda 48
Wow............... ok can we get a Mod to shut this thread, there is no value here. SJ, BAV, Cliff, anyone?
Wow.......... Or should I say boo hoo? You were involved in the thread earlier too. Now you want it shut down. Can you say load of crap? You have the option not to look at it if you don't want to, it's called freedom of choice. Or don't they teach that in college anymore either? Unless of course someone has a gun to your head making you read it in which case you should be typing 911.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Thank you Hobo.
You're welcome!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
I could have widdled my thumbs in the few seconds it took to read that...
I think you would have been better of twiddling your thumbs. It's so much less painful and not near as messy.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline  
Old 09-08-2004, 11:13 PM   #2
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum
 
Ki2AY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Francisco CA.
Posts: 708
Quote:
This used to be a great forum...


BOO HOOO...
__________________

Last edited by Ki2AY : 09-08-2004 at 11:18 PM.
Ki2AY is offline  
Old 09-09-2004, 12:06 AM   #3
Satty101
CF's L body Freak
 
Satty101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Colorado Springs CO
Posts: 2,865
Ok hobo, please listen. I didn't lock the thread because I was on a powertrip. There's a couple others I locked because of that but they were advertising and spamming etc. That thread wasn't good for anything more than a flame war. I let it go for a while because I figured it would die down. You have been and always will be one of my idols because of all of your knowlegde (SP?) when it comes to cars. But now it seems like you're just starting threads to bitch about us moderators. I don't want to get into a flame war with you because I've seen many of yours in the past, and you ALWAYS come out on top. But please, as long as you're here, PLEASE try and be here to help people and talk about things calmly and without flaming...err, uh....too much. Sometimes people deserve it, but c'mon. You know as well as I do that this thread has close to no point at all. I'm going to leave this one unlocked, unless it gets out of hand like the last one has. Like you said to me a long time ago, Have a great day hobo!
__________________
My cars:

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline  
Old 09-09-2004, 12:23 AM   #4
DodgeRida67
Banned
 
DodgeRida67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jackson, Georgia
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
... until certain mods started closing down every thread they, or some crybaby, didn't like for whatever reason. Spend some time going after the stupids and the advertisers. This is in General Chat and it seems like everyone is chatting in general. Nowhere in the title does it say "Chatting Nicely and Rubbing Each Others Fannies". You guys need to get off the unnecessary power trip and let things flow. On with some General Chat.



Wow.......... Or should I say boo hoo? You were involved in the thread earlier too. Now you want it shut down. Can you say load of crap? You have the option not to look at it if you don't want to, it's called freedom of choice. Or don't they teach that in college anymore either? Unless of course someone has a gun to your head making you read it in which case you should be typing 911.




You're welcome!



I think you would have been better of twiddling your thumbs. It's so much less painful and not near as messy.

Havn't you heard, they call it a flame war and close the thread. Me and you live in america ( I guess you do? ) and we have freedom of speech here. On this forum, we don't have freedom of speech. Not anymore. If anyone gets offended, boom, close that thread. The Mods wouldnt want the person that's wrong to find out the truth because someones feelings could get hurt in the process. That would be...what do we call it? Progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
That thread wasn't good for anything more than a flame war.
See there.


I've often wondered what is wrong with this place, but came up with nothing. Now that you point it out it's the mods here closing everything if the discussions leave scripts of barney and someone gets offended for being stupid. That's one thing. Another problem is Adam. Or should I say, lack there of. He needs some new mods and doesn't know it. His place is going, well, gone down the crapper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
I don't want to get into a flame war with you because I've seen many of yours in the past, and you ALWAYS come out on top. But please, as long as you're here, PLEASE try and be here to help people and talk about things calmly and without flaming...err, uh....too much.


What you mean is I don't want to argue with you, because I know your right and I'd loose. But please, as long as you're here, be a candy-ass. Lick everyone's ass, pat them on the back and congradulate them when they are wrong.



I'm to blame for some problems here, so sorry everyone for that.

Last edited by DodgeRida67 : 09-09-2004 at 12:34 AM.
DodgeRida67 is offline  
Old 09-09-2004, 12:39 AM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Ok hobo, please listen. I didn't lock the thread because I was on a powertrip. There's a couple others I locked because of that but they were advertising and spamming etc. That thread wasn't good for anything more than a flame war. I let it go for a while because I figured it would die down. You have been and always will be one of my idols because of all of your knowlegde (SP?) when it comes to cars. But now it seems like you're just starting threads to bitch about us moderators. I don't want to get into a flame war with you because I've seen many of yours in the past, and you ALWAYS come out on top. But please, as long as you're here, PLEASE try and be here to help people and talk about things calmly and without flaming...err, uh....too much. Sometimes people deserve it, but c'mon. You know as well as I do that this thread has close to no point at all. I'm going to leave this one unlocked, unless it gets out of hand like the last one has. Like you said to me a long time ago, Have a great day hobo!
Okay Satty, are you done typing yet? Good, now that you're done thinking out loud let me supply you with some facts. Go to my profile and click on "Find all threads started by vwhobo". There you'll find all two threads that I've started in the last five months. Now read them and tell me why they were started. Better yet, let me just refresh your memory.

"No thanks, I'll use the non-candyass system" was started only because Cliffy the unemployed rent-a-cop (no matter what he says it's still on his profile, go ahead and look) elected to close "low rpm vs high rpm = good/bad/ugly engine?" because I hurt his feelings. Firstly I don't care about his feelings and secondly that is an abuse of his mod powers. The only way I had to express my feelings on the matter was to start another thread. That thread had a BUNCH of people involved, including you with some very interesting things to say. Anytime that many people take part in a thread it's worth having if for no other reason than that's what a forum is all about, participation. I'll grant you that it got kinda stupid at the end with the "brung" thing but I'll also point out that the crybaby who called for it to be closed was dead center in that controversy. In my opinion and I'm sure many others there was no valid point to close the thread.

This thread was started only because, wait for it, the other thread that shouldn't have been closed was. Now go back to the first paragraph of the first post in this thread and tell me where I flamed... ANYBODY. You can't because I didn't. You might not agree with what I said, you might not like what I said but this is still a forum which is a place for the exchange of thoughts and ideas and those were my thoughts. I know this doesn't fit into your moderator viewpoint but did you notice I also injected some humor into the post? Did you notice that I pointed you in the direction that you as a mod should be going? Like it or not your job as a mod is not to force people to think like you by closing a thread. If that was the case I would have closed probably 75% of everything posted when I was modding.

Bottom line Satty is you can be pissed or not, I really don't care. The point is that THIS IS A FORUM, a place where people come to talk. If you don't like a thread simply don't read it or participate in it. But don't stop people from doing something because you chose not to.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline  
Old 09-09-2004, 12:45 AM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
Havn't you heard, they call it a flame war and close the thread. Me and you live in america ( I guess you do? ) and we have freedom of speech here. On this forum, we don't have freedom of speech. Not anymore. If anyone gets offended, boom, close that thread. The Mods wouldnt want the person that's wrong to find out the truth because someones feelings could get hurt in the process. That would be...what do we call it? Progress.

See there.


I've often wondered what is wrong with this place, but came up with nothing. Now that you point it out it's the mods here closing everything if the discussions leave scripts of barney and someone gets offended for being stupid. That's one thing. Another problem is Adam. Or should I say, lack there of. He needs some new mods and doesn't know it. His place is going, well, gone down the crapper.



What you mean is I don't want to argue with you, because I know your right and I'd loose. But please, as long as you're here, be a candy-ass. Lick everyone's ass, pat them on the back and congradulate them when they are wrong.



I'm to blame for some problems here, so sorry everyone for that.
Hmmmmmmmmm.. You're starting to sound alot like... me. Good job.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline  
Old 09-09-2004, 01:28 AM   #7
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Hoooooobooooooooooooo

Hooooooooobooooooooooooo

HOOOOOOOOBOOOOOOOOOOO

__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline  
Old 09-09-2004, 02:19 AM   #8
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
<----is a fan of free speech - and therefore didnt close the threads.
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline  
Old 09-09-2004, 05:00 AM   #9
Satty101
CF's L body Freak
 
Satty101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Colorado Springs CO
Posts: 2,865
Ok hobo. I now understand your point. I didn't catch the humor in the post (as I rarely do ) but if you guys will stop talkin about the damn "brung" subject, I'll re-open it. Don't even THINK of complaining about Freedom of speech, because there are multiple links that say it IS a word. To be fair, I didn't close it because Voda said so either. I'm sure nobody will believe me on this one, but I closed it because the whole damn Brung topic was really starting to piss me off about "it isn't a word" "yes it is [link]" "it says it is, but I know it isnt!" I don't know if anyon else here agrees with me, but my god. 3 links that say it is. isn't that proof enough?

Anyways, I have been wrong in the past. Just ask Bav. I edited one of his posts because he was flaming another (new) member without investigating why he did it. Eventually, linksshowed me he was right, so I admitted I was wrong and decided if he wanted to change it to what it origonally said, he could. Again, I'm sorry Bav for doing that, and you guys, I'm sorry this time.

VWhobo, I'd be VERY happy to see you once again become a mod, even if it means I lose my modding ability and go back to a regular user. You were and probably still are, the most informative member on this board.

I'll go unlock the other thread unless some of you guys are going to complain that I jumped to fast to lock it and now I unlock it because I got proved wrong. I mean c'mon, I'm only human and at that, I'm only 16. I'm going to make mistakes, and probably more than anyone else on the board. Every/anyone, nobodys perfect. Don't expect us to be.
__________________
My cars:

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline  
Old 09-09-2004, 11:09 AM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Ok hobo. I now understand your point. I didn't catch the humor in the post (as I rarely do ) but if you guys will stop talkin about the damn "brung" subject, I'll re-open it. Don't even THINK of complaining about Freedom of speech, because there are multiple links that say it IS a word. To be fair, I didn't close it because Voda said so either. I'm sure nobody will believe me on this one, but I closed it because the whole damn Brung topic was really starting to piss me off about "it isn't a word" "yes it is [link]" "it says it is, but I know it isnt!" I don't know if anyon else here agrees with me, but my god. 3 links that say it is. isn't that proof enough?

Anyways, I have been wrong in the past. Just ask Bav. I edited one of his posts because he was flaming another (new) member without investigating why he did it. Eventually, linksshowed me he was right, so I admitted I was wrong and decided if he wanted to change it to what it origonally said, he could. Again, I'm sorry Bav for doing that, and you guys, I'm sorry this time.

VWhobo, I'd be VERY happy to see you once again become a mod, even if it means I lose my modding ability and go back to a regular user. You were and probably still are, the most informative member on this board.

I'll go unlock the other thread unless some of you guys are going to complain that I jumped to fast to lock it and now I unlock it because I got proved wrong. I mean c'mon, I'm only human and at that, I'm only 16. I'm going to make mistakes, and probably more than anyone else on the board. Every/anyone, nobodys perfect. Don't expect us to be.
1. Remember, I also stated that the "brung" thing was getting kind of stupid so we agree on that point.

2. I don't want you to admit you're wrong, I just think you made a mistake. A point we both seem to agree on, life goes on. You're still my favorite cheesehead. See ya bud.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline  
Old 09-09-2004, 12:54 PM   #11
What
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Costa Nocha
Posts: 652
You mods....you mods are so weak. You reply way too much to babbling posts. "Bav" isn't the best example to follow, but in this case, you all need to follow his ways: DO MUCH, SAY LITTLE. You explain yourselves too much.

None of you are showing power, that's why you are losing this forum. Strong leaders are needed here. Vwhobo has his way with you using various "control" methods. He's like the villain that convinces the good guy to drop his gun by challenging his manhood, but then, he himself grabs the gun and escapes.

Nothing will change here.....and my 6 week vacation is over....

welcome back "What".

Last edited by What : 09-09-2004 at 01:16 PM. Reason: I wanted to welcome myself...
What is offline  
Old 09-09-2004, 09:32 PM   #12
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by What
You mods....you mods are so weak. You reply way too much to babbling posts. "Bav" isn't the best example to follow, but in this case, you all need to follow his ways: DO MUCH, SAY LITTLE. You explain yourselves too much.

None of you are showing power, that's why you are losing this forum. Strong leaders are needed here. Vwhobo has his way with you using various "control" methods. He's like the villain that convinces the good guy to drop his gun by challenging his manhood, but then, he himself grabs the gun and escapes.

Nothing will change here.....and my 6 week vacation is over....

welcome back "What".

im very confused by what you just said...
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline  
Old 09-09-2004, 09:48 PM   #13
What
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Costa Nocha
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
im very confused by what you just said...
That's understandable. I'm sorry.
What is offline  
Old 09-09-2004, 09:53 PM   #14
Coffin Type R
CF Addict
 
Coffin Type R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Central Cali
Posts: 271
I think he is trying to take control. Maybe even try to install a shadow puppet government with him pulling the strings, hehehe.
__________________
Why do ideas seem good when you think but arent when they are implemented?

~*Lost Soul of Chevy*~

Coffin Type R is offline  
Old 09-09-2004, 10:04 PM   #15
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffin Type R
I think he is trying to take control. Maybe even try to install a shadow puppet government with him pulling the strings, hehehe.

hahaha. thats a funny one.
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.