Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2003, 10:31 PM   #1
snipez
 
Posts: n/a
1993 GRAND AM ENGINE PROBLEMS (POWER, RACES..)

Hi
I'm starting to lose my cool trying to find out the problem with the engine. Heres the short version of it. One day I was pissed off at the car and a nailed the gas pedal really hard, ever since the engine lacks power, it is very loud untill it switches into a higher gear. Also its an automatic. I'm not sure if its the TPS or not, maybe the cable. Who knows. It takes up to 4 RPMS to switch into higher gear which it never did before.

Any Ideas??

Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 10:50 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Re: 1993 GRAND AM ENGINE PROBLEMS (POWER, RACES..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipez
Hi
I'm starting to lose my cool trying to find out the problem with the engine. Heres the short version of it. One day I was pissed off at the car and a nailed the gas pedal really hard, ever since the engine lacks power, it is very loud untill it switches into a higher gear. Also its an automatic. I'm not sure if its the TPS or not, maybe the cable. Who knows. It takes up to 4 RPMS to switch into higher gear which it never did before.

Any Ideas??

Thanks

Yeah, here's an idea. If you want help with diagnosing a drivability problem start by giving all pertinent information on the car. Next give an accurate description of the problem. "It takes up to 4 RPMS to switch into higher gear". What the hell does that mean?

Directions for everybody who wants help. Think, type, read, think again. Is it useful information? Have I explained myself clearly? Does the description make sense? Have I included all needed info? Then think, type, read, think again. Do this at least twice before hitting submit.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 01:20 AM   #3
snipez
 
Posts: n/a
what the hell is your problem, i just told you the problem, duh.

1993 grand am SE
134,000 km
auto
3.3 V6
recent tranny flush


Let's put this in your terms shall we.

The problem is:
Engine is very loud until it gets into 2nd gear.
Engine has no power.
Once it gets into 2nd gear it runs fine.
It should be switching gears under 3 RPMS not 4 RPMs ( in other words it takes forever for it to switch)
I stomped the gas pedal hard, this is where problem started

me speak no english
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 01:30 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipez
what the hell is your problem, i just told you the problem, duh.

1993 grand am SE
134,000 km
auto
3.3 V6
recent tranny flush


Let's put this in your terms shall we.

The problem is:
Engine is very loud until it gets into 2nd gear.
Engine has no power.
Once it gets into 2nd gear it runs fine.
It should be switching gears under 3 RPMS not 4 RPMs ( in other words it takes forever for it to switch)
I stomped the gas pedal hard, this is where problem started

me speak no english

And you get no help smartass.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 02:46 PM   #5
snipez
 
Posts: n/a
sorry pal

but your the jerk not me.

you reply acting like you are god around here, i asked a simple question and just because it wasn't to your liking you reply like a moron, stating everything down to the last letter what has to be in it, bite me kid


btw

you wouldn't be able to help me anyway, 12 year olds don't know much about cars
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 04:18 PM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipez
sorry pal

but your the jerk not me.

you reply acting like you are god around here, i asked a simple question and just because it wasn't to your liking you reply like a moron, stating everything down to the last letter what has to be in it, bite me kid


btw

you wouldn't be able to help me anyway, 12 year olds don't know much about cars

Hey, okay with me shit for brains. See if anybody else can or will help you out. In other words go **** yourself.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 05:43 PM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Re: 1993 GRAND AM ENGINE PROBLEMS (POWER, RACES..)

Now that I have time to type let's look at all the info you gave out expecting people to help you with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipez
Hi
I'm starting to lose my cool trying to find out the problem with the engine. Heres the short version of it.

No information but a fairly good lead in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipez
One day I was pissed off at the car and a nailed the gas pedal really hard, ever since the engine lacks power, it is very loud untill it switches into a higher gear.

We know from the first part of that sentence that you are immature. We also know that it's down on power and that it's loud but not what type of noise, ya see this forum doesn't have audio capability. We also have to assume it does this prior to every shift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipez
Also its an automatic.

Holy crap an actual piece of information.


Quote:
Originally Posted by snipez
I'm not sure if its the TPS or not, maybe the cable. Who knows.

Why would the TPS make it run loud? Why would "the cable" make it run loud? How would you damage either by stabbing the gas pedal? Who knows? Well obviously you don't but I might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipez
It takes up to 4 RPMS to switch into higher gear which it never did before.


Back to the "4RPMS" statement. You must have a very well calibrated tachometer or a very keen ear to hear "4RPMS". Or maybe you just don't know enough to supply accurate info. This is why it is so very important to supply good, useable information when asking for help online. You're not standing on the other side of my counter and I can't see your car.

When you say you asked a simple question what you mean to say is you asked a question like a simpleton. Just because it makes sense to you don't even think it makes sense to someone on the other side of the country or world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipez
Any Ideas??
Thanks

Credit where credit is due. A simple thanks is more than most people give.

Now let's address your "kid" and "12 year old" statements. I won't bother telling you about my credentials, my posts stand for themselves, and there are others in here that know my age. Let's just say I'm not the child who damaged my car and then have to ask other people for help to bail me out. So if you think I'm three years younger than go right ahead. And as for me not being able to help you anyway, you're right. With the shit info you supplied you're not even interested in helping yourself, so why should anybody else try.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 07:10 PM   #8
snipez
 
Posts: n/a
all i hear is blah blah blah
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 07:24 PM   #9
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipez
all i hear is blah blah blah

Your ears would work better if your head wasn't so far up your ass.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 09:40 PM   #10
snipez
 
Posts: n/a
make yourselve useful and go huff some gas
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 10:22 PM   #11
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipez
make yourselve useful and go huff some gas

Oh, that hurt sooo bad, I think I'm gonna cry. Who writes your comebacks, your third grade summer school teacher?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 11:19 PM   #12
snipez
 
Posts: n/a
point proven
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 12:40 AM   #13
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipez
point proven

I can't help myself, I'm just dying to know. What point is that exactly?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 09:32 PM   #14
84_Jetta_GLi
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 120
LMAO, this is better than T.V!
__________________
Life sucks, and then you drive.

You don't "drive" a car, you "wear" it like clothes.

You can't race a house, but you can sleep in a car

R.I.P ~ Betsy (1988-2003)
84_Jetta_GLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 09:43 PM   #15
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84_Jetta_GLi
LMAO, this is better than T.V!

Only because you're smart enough to ask a complete question when you do. It's pure agony for me. 8)
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.