Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 02:18 AM   #1
What III
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8
So am I still banned...

Like seriously...is there still a grudge against me.
What III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #2
corbett_auto
CF Addict
 
corbett_auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: just west of Charlotte, NC
Posts: 448
Hey What! Hows it going? I don't know the answer, but thought I'd use the opportunity to give you a quick hello.
__________________
corbett_auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by What III
Like seriously...is there still a grudge against me.
I think you've probably just been forgotten about....Having said that, the initial ban was probably set as permenant...Satty will know.
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
**** just unban him already. No real reason and it's not like you can ever get rid of him.
Just more names to keep track of
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #5
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 760
There's about 5 active people posting on this forum these days. Why ban the possible 6th?
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:20 PM   #6
Satty101
CF's L body Freak
 
Satty101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Colorado Springs CO
Posts: 2,865
It's not in my place to lift the ban. I didn't ban him...
__________________
My cars:

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:15 AM   #7
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Just unban the guy anyway, no one cares about this place.
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #8
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.
 
Zalight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 2,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
Just unban the guy anyway, no one cares about this place.


Hahaha, so ****ing true.
__________________
1999 BMW ///M3
Zalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:54 AM   #9
corbett_auto
CF Addict
 
corbett_auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: just west of Charlotte, NC
Posts: 448
I am typically one who tends to agree that there are unwritten guidelines that need to be followed. And lifting a ban placed by someone else falls into that category. My question is: who baned WHAT and are they still around? When have they last been seen and is there a way to contact them that they will respond to. If the answer to these questions are no, then I'd say lift the ban temporally until they come back and then ask.

I do realize I have not been here as long as some of you and my say may not mean much. But for what it's worth, let him stay on at least a probationary basis.
__________________
corbett_auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:11 AM   #10
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbett_auto
I am typically one who tends to agree that there are unwritten guidelines that need to be followed. And lifting a ban placed by someone else falls into that category. My question is: who baned WHAT and are they still around? When have they last been seen and is there a way to contact them that they will respond to. If the answer to these questions are no, then I'd say lift the ban temporally until they come back and then ask.

I do realize I have not been here as long as some of you and my say may not mean much. But for what it's worth, let him stay on at least a probationary basis.
It was BavarianWheels, and he seems to come around every once in a while.
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #11
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
It was BavarianWheels, and he seems to come around every once in a while.

Actually I'm here daily keeping the extraordinary amount of spam and forum bots to a minimum, but none of you would see that. As for What...he is on isn't he? Wasn't he able to post and ask if he's still banned?

Two words, Short Leash.
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:16 PM   #12
corbett_auto
CF Addict
 
corbett_auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: just west of Charlotte, NC
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Actually I'm here daily keeping the extraordinary amount of spam and forum bots to a minimum, but none of you would see that. As for What...he is on isn't he? Wasn't he able to post and ask if he's still banned?

Two words, Short Leash.
.
.


And you are doing a fine job!
__________________
corbett_auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:30 PM   #13
dvdrose18
CF's resident Nurse
 
dvdrose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northeastern NJ Needs: A Life
Posts: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Actually I'm here daily keeping the extraordinary amount of spam and forum bots to a minimum, but none of you would see that.
Doing a great job making sure UFF gets his free paycheck...
__________________
dvdrose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:40 PM   #14
thefonz
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Actually I'm here daily keeping the extraordinary amount of spam and forum bots to a minimum, but none of you would see that. As for What...he is on isn't he? Wasn't he able to post and ask if he's still banned?

Two words, Short Leash.
.
.


Short leash is wrong for anybody. You've got to give them enough rope to hang themselves.

We definately see the spam. I'm not sure what bots are, but we can see the spiders too.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:37 PM   #15
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefonz
Short leash is wrong for anybody. You've got to give them enough rope to hang themselves.

We definately see the spam. I'm not sure what bots are, but we can see the spiders too.

You may see some spam, but I try to catch as much as possible without too much disruption. The spiders are not anything to worry about, but the auto-sign-up bots are many and keeping up with them is just time consuming. Not having ALL admin powers, the most I can do is clear the advertising signatures and ban the name.

We get about 30-40 of these bots per day.
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.