Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2009, 12:26 AM   #1
h0nd@f@n85
CF Newbie

is the miata for real?

this is a reply to the miata fan, and not intended as as a negative come back, but im not a miata fan and i do think they are girly, but i also know what lies under the hood! and at the end of the day, thats all thats matters. i havent had the chance all kinds of cars like you or most people, but i did have a honda(90' integra to be exact), and i bought from my uncle with 348000 miles(hey it was my first car), and eventually swapped the motor(only), put another 20000 miles on the chasis, and only changed the break pads and oil. its nothing to brag about because maybe it would have fallen had i gone another 20 feet. but it never leaked anything and i would put a honda up against the miata any day. i know the miata is light, but it is only gonna make close or over 200hp with boost or spray! now i said disregarding the s2k, wich comes with the f 20 motor and puts anywhere from 220 plus, im talking about the b 18c or b 16(type r).both put 185hp to the wheels but the b 16 reaches 8500rpms at its ahift point. maybe you have raced hondas and beat them, but i can almost gaurantee that the work that was done to them was insignificant(like intake and exaust). two cars that i can tell you i have raced against so you can kinda use your imagination, was a 96-97 mustang(not the gt), and 04-05 monte carlo ss. now mind you my car only had 126 hp, but i beat them both easily. now i kinda dont count the mustang because the v6 dont really put nothin out, but my point is honda can do everything the miata can do. i think honda vs miata would be one heak of a show down. and the race could go either way!
h0nd@f@n85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:35 PM   #2
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Ok...uhm...I'm assuming you're talking about Newyorker as the "Miata fan". I have to be honest, I have no idea what point you were trying to make..

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Ok...uhm...I'm assuming you're talking about Newyorker as the "Miata fan". I have to be honest, I have no idea what point you were trying to make..
Me too....

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #4
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Which Honda? I'll just assume Civic.

RWD vs. FWD
Roadster vs. ...whatever the Civic happens to be
lighter vs. light

ect ect

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
fudge
let's fighting love

Street
Drag
Autosolo
Circuit
Ovals
Canyon
Old 06-09-2009, 02:17 AM   #6
corbett_auto
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0nd@f@n85
...... two cars that i can tell you i have raced against so you can kinda use your imagination, was a 96-97 mustang(not the gt), and 04-05 monte carlo ss. now mind you my car only had 126 hp, but i beat them both easily........

In my experience the car is only 1/2 the equation...... driver skill is the other 1/2. This is why a 126hp car can outrun things which should not normally be capable. Either you are really good behind the wheel..... OR the other drivers had no clue of what they were doing. (I suspect the later).....

Or another just as plausible reason is you were the only one racing.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:34 PM   #7
cowman85
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0nd@f@n85
this is a reply to the miata fan, and not intended as as a negative come back, but im not a miata fan and i do think they are girly, but i also know what lies under the hood! and at the end of the day, thats all thats matters. i havent had the chance all kinds of cars like you or most people, but i did have a honda(90' integra to be exact), and i bought from my uncle with 348000 miles(hey it was my first car), and eventually swapped the motor(only), put another 20000 miles on the chasis, and only changed the break pads and oil. its nothing to brag about because maybe it would have fallen had i gone another 20 feet. but it never leaked anything and i would put a honda up against the miata any day. i know the miata is light, but it is only gonna make close or over 200hp with boost or spray! now i said disregarding the s2k, wich comes with the f 20 motor and puts anywhere from 220 plus, im talking about the b 18c or b 16(type r).both put 185hp to the wheels but the b 16 reaches 8500rpms at its ahift point. maybe you have raced hondas and beat them, but i can almost gaurantee that the work that was done to them was insignificant(like intake and exaust). two cars that i can tell you i have raced against so you can kinda use your imagination, was a 96-97 mustang(not the gt), and 04-05 monte carlo ss. now mind you my car only had 126 hp, but i beat them both easily. now i kinda dont count the mustang because the v6 dont really put nothin out, but my point is honda can do everything the miata can do. i think honda vs miata would be one heak of a show down. and the race could go either way!

Go test drive a new one and then come back and tell us what you think
Old 09-14-2009, 11:20 PM   #8
newyorker
MXman

Can't believe I missed this haha

Not that the OP will ever come back but on 7psi, I was walking away from my friend's CRX (weighed in at 2060lbs) with a B16 with a built head.
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:58 PM   #9
olla86
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Can't believe I missed this haha

Not that the OP will ever come back but on 7psi, I was walking away from my friend's CRX (weighed in at 2060lbs) with a B16 with a built head.

Great weekend, ye-e?
olla86 is offline   Reply With Quote