Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2005, 02:36 AM   #16
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

I would choose a Mustang SVT Cobra over an LS1 FBody because although the FBody has a bigger engine and would be faster in a straight line, the Cobra has better brakes, suspension, and IMO, an all-round higher performance car.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:32 AM   #17
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
You mean a 2003-2004 Cobra? They didnt make a 2002 Cobra.
Oh shit I thought I said 2003

SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:34 AM   #18
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Smoke all those suggestions and save $7,500.00!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-...QQcmdZViewItem
Yes, thats a great choice also

Old 08-25-2005, 04:26 AM   #19
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by abless
I would choose a Mustang SVT Cobra over an LS1 FBody because although the FBody has a bigger engine and would be faster in a straight line, the Cobra has better brakes, suspension, and IMO, an all-round higher performance car.

I beg to disagree. I have run both cars out at The local road course the mustang may have a little bit better tuned suspension but it does not make up for the defecient in stopping power and power coming out of the corners. I hate it when people say that f-bodies dont handle and there only a drag car. Bull crap. Camaros make helluva a good drag cars, ive run a 13.1 in a catback only car, but they work njust as good at the road course. Plus have you ever tried modding a mustang. Ive changed 6 cams in ls1s and 4 in lt1s usually take about 6 hours now ttrie that on a 4.6 and see what happens. Yah its a pain in the ass and definetly not worht the power gains. the cobr awas definetly not the better car.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:32 AM   #20
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
I beg to disagree. I have run both cars out at The local road course the mustang may have a little bit better tuned suspension but it does not make up for the defecient in stopping power and power coming out of the corners. I hate it when people say that f-bodies dont handle and there only a drag car. Bull crap. Camaros make helluva a good drag cars, ive run a 13.1 in a catback only car, but they work njust as good at the road course. Plus have you ever tried modding a mustang. Ive changed 6 cams in ls1s and 4 in lt1s usually take about 6 hours now ttrie that on a 4.6 and see what happens. Yah its a pain in the ass and definetly not worht the power gains. the cobr awas definetly not the better car.
Typical Chevy head Is that really the only reason you suggest not getting a Ford? Because they take more time to work on? Thats just laziness man. Ive worked on both engines, and in the long run, the 4.6L makes the LS1 look like it came from a damn scrap yard. You could replace all your exhaust components, put on a good high flowing intake system, and re-map your ECU and still put on a 100+hp adding supercharger without even touching any internal components, and still be able to drive it every day RELIABLY. You just cant do that with the LS1.