Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2005, 11:59 PM   #31
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~SK~
I find this hilarious that all the bullshit threads are responded to, but when someone asks a engine question it gets overlooked...but then it dawned on me and I started looking at the ages on profiles...so this is the type of shit that is expected on this forum...bullshit...some of you have great knowledge of cars (wish I did back in your day) but most of you don't know shit but the power of google search...

And I do not give a rats ass if I am a newbie and snappin back it is the net...don't like it? Well suck my ass and do something about it, this is a free internet forum

Opinions are like assholes everyone has one...

You know, your post baffled me for an incredibly long time. Then i realized it, you're way too ignorant to answer your own questions. Maybe the reason why we don't answer the car questions is because they are way too complicated for any one man to know without spending 4-5 years studying that manufacturer. Anybody can post on these bogus threads, and that's fine with me, whats your problem with it? As far as I can see, you're no better than the people you're trying to make fun of. You have contributed nothing, and all you do is bitch about problems. If you don't like it, then leave, don't just bitch all the time.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:08 AM   #32
~SK~
CF Newbie

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showt...?t=2087&page=3

before you start bitching and moaning look at that thread...which even though was a closed topic I re-surfaced it with BETTER info so you do not mess up doors...

I also gave advise for someone whowas looking at a Escalade SUV but wanted a cheaper SUV so therefore before you get your panties in a uproar know what the hell you speak.

I admidt I am ignorant about cars...that is why I come to forums you dumbass, so I can get answers for questions I do not know. But I am also a smartass with a lot of comments. I make fun of people like carEXPERT and a few others like him well because...I can, and others seem to have the same outlook on the guy. So....I still would like a answer to my engine question if that is ok with you

oOo I like that also...study 4-5 hours about beefing up a SOHC...lmao even with me with not having knowledge of cars know there is someone somewhere on this forum that knows. You are no better than CarEXPERT with that reply.

Last edited by ~SK~ : 01-19-2005 at 12:20 AM.
~SK~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 05:52 AM   #33
Xploder87
CF Newbie

I Hate Diesels and tiny things that look like shoes with tiny 1.5L engines so i perfer American. American cars have pure power with big engines and can actually fit 4 to 8 ppl in them unlike european cars....but i do like european sports cars.

Last edited by Xploder87 : 03-28-2005 at 05:56 AM.
Xploder87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 03:07 PM   #34
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Getting back on topic...

I've owned a few of each.

The Brits have an outstanding cottage industry in specialty sports cars, from makers like Markos, Riot, TVR, AC, Morgan, Ultima, Noble, and more. Most of their specialty cars, including Lotus, came about due to tax regulations allowing homebuilt cars to be exempt from a lot of taxation, so there were a lot of kit car manufacturers (that's how Lotus started). But their kit car industry surpasses the US kit car industry (which is huge itself) in one key area: metalwork. there are a lot more metalfabricators hand forming metal bodies.

As for their major lines, the actual British brands are now owned by outside corporations (with Ford owning Jaguar, Aston, and Range Rover, and BMW owning Rolls Royce, Audi owning Bentley). And most of them are premium brands, so comparing them to the more plebian mass produced cars is kind of pointless. MG might be a good comparison lately, but their cars, while nice, really aren't that much different from mainstream offerings from Ford or GM. And pretty much everything else the Brits get are imports from Europe or Japan.

The US doesn't make premium brands like Rolls or Bently, and Jag and Aston are owned by Ford, so we really don't have a need to MAKE them. Lutz would like Cadillac to compete in that arena with something like the Sixteen, but I doubt it will happen. Caddy is set to compete with the Germans, and only Jaguar is running in that class (which means Ford doesn't have to compete directly using Lincoln). DaimlerChrysler competes in that class with Mercedes, and against Rolls with the Maybach, so Chrysler itself doesn't really have to compete, leaving the 300C as a mid upper niche entry. And the US has inexpensive muscle in teh form of the Mustang, Corvette, and now the Hemi Dodge, in categories teh pure British makes have ignored. Why have they ignored them? Cost of fuel in Europe means that powerful cars are owned by the wealthy there, who can afford fuel, and they demand top luxury cars. People that want inexpensive cars there, don't want cars that use fuel, which powerful cars do. This hasn't been a concern in the US (ands really isn't even now, as our fuel prices are STILL dirt cheap in comparison).

Overall, I'd rather have British luxury than any other, and American muscle over any other. Maybe my next Jaguar will get an American engine..

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:10 AM   #35
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I never used to like US cars, on the same note, I still dont like UK cars. If I was to choose an American car i'd have to choose a Muscle car, the reason being that I just feel modern US cars far too clumsy if ya like, too big and too thirsty in most cases too. Atleast with a Muscle car you have an excuse to use alot of fuel lol. IMO there's really no need to stick big V8's in a car that could happily seat a 2.5litre engine and improve on fuel consuption a great deal

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:46 PM   #36
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
IMO there's really no need to stick big V8's in a car that could happily seat a 2.5litre engine and improve on fuel consuption a great deal

I have to disagree. A larger displacement enigne will necessarily have a wider, flatter torque curve, so therefore be more flexible in low speed, daily driving, and actually work less hard to move a modern vehicle around (which has to weigh more due to crash regulations and NVH requirements). A simpler, cheaper, larger engine will end up costing less in the long run, and deliver more useable torque.

I'd rather see a cheaper, torquier, understressed engine in a daily driver family sedan, than a high strung, peaky, tiny engine that might put out slightly higher peak power numbers at a higher rpm.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 03-29-2005, 04:23 PM   #37
jdubya
CF Enthusiast

Nothing better than a tiny, overpriced, euro car!

NOT

PRELUDE POWER!
jdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 05:28 PM   #38
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya
Nothing better than a tiny, overpriced, euro car!

NOT

My tiny Euro car cost me $100 to drive home. so STFU.

Why is it such a goal to be as closed minded and ignorant as possible around here?

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 03-30-2005, 05:31 AM   #39
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
I have to disagree. A larger displacement enigne will necessarily have a wider, flatter torque curve, so therefore be more flexible in low speed, daily driving, and actually work less hard to move a modern vehicle around (which has to weigh more due to crash regulations and NVH requirements). A simpler, cheaper, larger engine will end up costing less in the long run, and deliver more useable torque.

I'd rather see a cheaper, torquier, understressed engine in a daily driver family sedan, than a high strung, peaky, tiny engine that might put out slightly higher peak power numbers at a higher rpm.
To be honest I hadn't looked at it like that before, however, a 2.5litre lump is hardly tiny lol....although I spose compared to some larger engines it is, in comparisom. I agree with ya last post too.....in most cases anyways lol

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 02:33 PM   #40
Inygknok
El del Supra

hmmm.....

well, no jap cars mentioned, so i cant go ahead and say supra :P

but as for the rest.... i would have to go with Lotus. ill explain. ill admit that they are pretty small cars, and im not sure i could fit in their smaller designs (ive never ridden in one). such a small model would be the Elise (which is by far my very favorite, in that shiney bronze-like orange color). anyhow, they are quite sporty while at the same time luxourious, and also catches the eye easily, even the eye of ppl that dont know wat kind of a car it is.

its pretty much a whole bunch of things in one package. not to mention, having a toyota engine makes me trust its reliability even more. hand made production of this car gives it even more respect, specially how they make the chassis in such a simple manner (ive seen some of the smaller Lotus chassis are welded a bit and also have some special super duty glue used).

if i ever chose another one, i would have to say i would go with a supercar, the Koenigsegg CCR. ive said its attributes many times before, so ill leave it at that.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:31 PM   #41
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

I don't know if I would call the elise luxourious...I thought They were supposed to be very spartan cars. Which is why they weighed so little.

But hey, I've never been in one, so I can't say from personal experience.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:13 PM   #42
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
I don't know if I would call the elise luxourious...I thought They were supposed to be very spartan cars. Which is why they weighed so little.

But hey, I've never been in one, so I can't say from personal experience.

The elise is NOT luxurious. Car and driver rated it as a track only car, as its an uncomfortable ride and has almost no luxury parts. the seats are tiny and hardly weigh anything. it is not a luxury car. A luxury sports car is the SL65.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:10 PM   #43
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Exclamation

Or the M3 *looks at sig*
Old 04-01-2005, 02:56 AM   #44
enzo
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
Uk cars all the way; Aston Martin, TVR, MG, Rolls Royce, Jagaur, Bentley, Lotus.

All highly respected car companies making some of the finest vehicles in the world. Plus the brits make triumph, and Triumph makes some really nice bikes, the cars leave something to be desired, but the bikes are top notch!
ahhhh........triumph. i got to ride my friends uncles once. i loved it!!
enzo is offline   Reply With Quote