Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2007, 06:18 PM   #1
ChiliRedMazda3
CF Newbie

Unhappy Glue on Body Paint. HELP!

Hi guys, Am new here. Am also a new car owner. Recently discovered some stains on my car. Went for Cheap Cheap SPC quality carwash, then realised that the 'stains" are actually GLUE! Any kind soul out there has any ideas on how I can remove them without hurting the paint? Understand that budget is the key word...

Distress,
ChiliRedMazda3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 04:27 AM   #2
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliRedMazda3
Hi guys, Am new here. Am also a new car owner. Recently discovered some stains on my car. Went for Cheap Cheap SPC quality carwash, then realised that the 'stains" are actually GLUE! Any kind soul out there has any ideas on how I can remove them without hurting the paint? Understand that budget is the key word...

Distress,
i dont know about glue... i know when i rebadged my car, i used a hair dryer to heat the adhesive up... It got it off pretty nice.. Dont make it hot.... just heat it up a little... Also you can use like 3m like tree sap remover or watever its called...
Old 03-31-2007, 01:47 PM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I guess it depends on what type of glue it is. If it's stuff that's designed to dry in 2-seconds, it'll probably be harder to remove than Pritt Stick...

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:44 PM   #4
ChiliRedMazda3
CF Newbie

I think it is industrial adhesive. I've tried using Zippo Lighter Fuel and it CANNOT be removed.

Will try the Hair-Dryer to heat it up though. It sounds really feasible. THANKS!
ChiliRedMazda3 is offline   Reply With Quote