Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2005, 03:45 PM   #1
n00b
CF Newbie

Integra Type R VS Supra

hey,
yeh this is another one of those threads .. lol
but im thinkin of sellin my civic n gettin a new car.
so i just wanan see what u ppl think of these 2 cars..
model wise.. a non turbo , year 93+ Supra
and a yr2000+ type R

i LOVE da supra. but apparently its uncomfortable to sit in / drive. everyone i kno who has a supra has negative things to say about, and everyone (like me) who doesnt have one only has good things to say about it ! lol.

da type R however, ive only heard good things about and because of ma civic, ive become a honda man hehe.
atm, i wanna get da type R cause of da negative feedback for da Supra.. but i just wanted to get more info on this from ppl in this forum b4 i make my final decision..

if u hate both cars.. what would u get dats around their pricerangE?(20-25k aussie $$) bascially my criteria is sumthing that looks good,like 140kw+, and drives good. doesnt have to be uber powerful (but still powerful enough).
as far as modifications go.. im mainly just gonna put on an uber sound system, and a few visual upgrades.. performance will be da last thing on ma list. (i lost my licence for speeding, dun want to be tempted more! LOL)

can any of u direct me to a website that can show ppl opions on differnt cars as well as their stats? (stock)
n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 03:54 PM   #2
ThirdeYe
CF Enthusiast

Is there a reason why you say "da" all the time?
Old 03-03-2005, 04:33 PM   #3
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b
hey,
yeh this is another one of those threads .. lol
but im thinkin of sellin my civic n gettin a new car.
so i just wanan see what u ppl think of these 2 cars..
model wise.. a non turbo , year 93+ Supra
and a yr2000+ type R

i LOVE da supra. but apparently its uncomfortable to sit in / drive. everyone i kno who has a supra has negative things to say about, and everyone (like me) who doesnt have one only has good things to say about it ! lol.

da type R however, ive only heard good things about and because of ma civic, ive become a honda man hehe.
atm, i wanna get da type R cause of da negative feedback for da Supra.. but i just wanted to get more info on this from ppl in this forum b4 i make my final decision..

if u hate both cars.. what would u get dats around their pricerangE?(20-25k aussie $$) bascially my criteria is sumthing that looks good,like 140kw+, and drives good. doesnt have to be uber powerful (but still powerful enough).
as far as modifications go.. im mainly just gonna put on an uber sound system, and a few visual upgrades.. performance will be da last thing on ma list. (i lost my licence for speeding, dun want to be tempted more! LOL)

can any of u direct me to a website that can show ppl opions on differnt cars as well as their stats? (stock)

i have a supra and i have driven the MK2 and the MKIV and i think they are the most comfortable rides ive ever been in besides some guys Navigator.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 06:05 AM   #4
Import-tuner
CF Enthusiast

go with "da" supra it has more stock power then an almost fully tuned Integra Typr R. But, if i was you i would save up a few more G's and get a 1995-1998 TT supra. Its one of the fastest cars in the import scene. the typeR has about 195 HP at 8000 RPM's while the supra has 320 HP at 5800 rpms. The supra Displacement is 1000 cc's higher so its more tunable. the supra engine is good up to 1000+hp...while the Type R is low 500 if your lucky. not only that the supra has the respect factor, the supra turns heads not an integra. so The supra looks better, performs better, and is an import icon. ight get the supra
Import-tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 04:38 PM   #5
DSMDriver
CF Newbie

I love integras so I would go with the integra, and supras are confortable.
DSMDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 04:46 PM   #6
slvracurarsx03
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMDriver
I love integras so I would go with the integra, and supras are confortable.

confortable
DC Sport Headers-Stainless Steel
Skunk 2 Coilover-Adjustable
35% Tint-All Around
Optimus Amp-400 Watts
slvracurarsx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 11:25 PM   #7
Bbasso
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Import-tuner
go with "da" supra it has more stock power then an almost fully tuned Integra Type R. But, if i was you i would save up a few more G's and get a 1995-1998 TT supra. Its one of the fastest cars in the import scene. the Type R has about 195 HP at 8000 RPM's while the supra has 320 HP at 5800 rpms. The supra Displacement is 1000 cc's higher so its more tunable. the supra engine is good up to 1000+hp...while the Type R is low 500 if your lucky. not only that the supra has the respect factor, the supra turns heads not an integra. so The supra looks better, performs better, and is an import icon. ight get the supra

OMG! Displacement size has nothing to do with being able to tune.
Displacement is the size of the motor, in simple terms bigger motor more possible power. But not in all cases. ITR motor size-N/A 1.8 liter <-> Supra motor size twin turbo 3.0 liter intercooler. You should not start to compare them they are two completely different cars. Oranges to apples.
As for the respect part of it... Honestly I think they both have the same respect from on lookers.
They both have a cult like following and Die hard enthusiasts, but a true sports car junkie would understand that they are both great cars from their time.
When was the last time you saw 100+ ITRs in the same place?

http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/...sort=1&cat=509
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 12:02 AM   #8
Import-tuner
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbasso
OMG! Displacement size has nothing to do with being able to tune.
Displacement is the size of the motor, in simple terms bigger motor more possible power. But not in all cases. ITR motor size-N/A 1.8 liter <-> Supra motor size twin turbo 3.0 liter intercooler. You should not start to compare them they are two completely different cars. Oranges to apples.
As for the respect part of it... Honestly I think they both have the same respect from on lookers.
They both have a cult like following and Die hard enthusiasts, but a true sports car junkie would understand that they are both great cars from their time.
When was the last time you saw 100+ ITRs in the same place?

http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/...sort=1&cat=509

Displacement has a lot to do with tunability. For example if i put a the same CAI on a integra and the supra the supra would gain about 10HP while the Typr R would gain about 5. more Displacement increases how much horspower you can get out of parts.
Import-tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 12:44 AM   #9
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
Displacement has a lot to do with tunability. For example if i put a the same CAI on a integra and the supra the supra would gain about 10HP while the Typr R would gain about 5. more Displacement increases how much horspower you can get out of parts.

reallly??
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 03:03 AM   #10
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
The supra Displacement is 1000 cc's higher so its more tunable. the supra engine is good up to 1000+hp...while the Type R is low 500 if your lucky.

Actually the B series engines have seen 1200-1400hp. WAY above 500hp.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 04:37 AM   #11
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
reallly??
Yea, why do you think V8's get about 35-40 hp out of a set of high flow headers, where a 4 cylinder gets about 15-20.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:21 AM   #12
325iSe30
CF Newbie

to all those who quote the ENTIRE previous post.......we just read it....
DONT BOTHER

supra.
325iSe30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 07:12 AM   #13
Bbasso
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
Yea, why do you think V8's get about 35-40 hp out of a set of high flow headers, where a 4 cylinder gets about 15-20.

You got to be kinding me...

Thats not tuning. that has to do with the displacement... and it's in some sort of ratio. 8cyl has 300 CID 4cyl has 150 CID of course if you give more air to the bigger motor you will get more in return. Nothing to do with tuning... Tuning is changing the parameters that the engine goes by such as A/F ratio, MAP sensors, Mass air flow readings, Fuel pressure...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 09:59 PM   #14
CarEXPERT
Banned

So if you put a turbocharger with 10psi in a V8 and one in a I4, than the V8 will put out more torque/power?
So why do more people modify 4 cylinder engines? Would it cost more to have a 4cylinder engine to put the same power as a 8cylinder?
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 01:37 AM   #15
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbasso
Blah, blah, blah, Nothing to do with tuning, a lot more bullshit, blah, blah, blah

He didn't mean literally tuning an engine, he meant its ability to be upgraded. Its like the whole tuner craze, its not a buch of kids running around with diagnostic chips and air fuel maps, its a bunch of kids modding their car in any way to get power out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarExpert
So if you put a turbocharger with 10psi in a V8 and one in a I4, than the V8 will put out more torque/power?
So why do more people modify 4 cylinder engines? Would it cost more to have a 4cylinder engine to put the same power as a 8cylinder?

Im not a turbo expert, not even close, so I couldn't say for sure, ask wally or someone else about that.

And, yes, it usually does cost more money to mod a 4 cylinder to higher power than a V8. Its one of the muscle car guys biggest arguements against 4 cylinders:
"Why would you spend a lot of money just to make as much power as a stock 350?"

In truth, the reason most people do it is because of preference. Some do it cause they want a challenge, and others because they simply don't know any better. There are so many reasons why people mod 4 cylinders, some do it because they bought a four cylinder as a commuter then decided they wanted more power.