Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2003, 08:42 AM   #1
theunbelivaBULL
CF Newbie

bump in the trunk

My frined has 2 12s in his car and they sound great, (alas it sucks for performance but from a stock civic LX performance is not something i have come to expect. good on gas though) however it bumps alittle to much and the trunk rattles way to much do you all know a cheap and easy way for him and i to cut down on the rattle.
theunbelivaBULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 01:10 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Re: bump in the trunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbelivaBULL
My frined has 2 12s in his car and they sound great, (alas it sucks for performance but from a stock civic LX performance is not something i have come to expect. good on gas though) however it bumps alittle to much and the trunk rattles way to much do you all know a cheap and easy way for him and i to cut down on the rattle.

Yes! Take the big speakers out of the trunk.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 05:20 PM   #3
(o) (o)
CF Newbie

http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/dynamat.html?source=Overture
or go buy lots of foam padding and spray adhesive.
(o) (o) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 09:27 PM   #4
SuperJew
I like pie.

take one (or both) of them out like vwhobo said.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:50 PM   #5
zoomo
CF Newbie

I don't think that you would have them in the stock speaker places but We'll see anyways, are they in a box in the trunk or like in the stock speaker places behind the backseat or wherever they are. If it's in the stock ones...you're a moron take them out and put them in a box. If they're already in a box You could wrap it in something simple like a blanket and it would muffle the sound a bit but chances are it would keep it from making the trunk rattle because it would also take away most of the vibration....there's my two cents...have fun
Old 11-17-2003, 11:07 PM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomo
I don't think that you would have them in the stock speaker places but We'll see anyways, are they in a box in the trunk or like in the stock speaker places behind the backseat or wherever they are. If it's in the stock ones...you're a moron take them out and put them in a box. If they're already in a box You could wrap it in something simple like a blanket and it would muffle the sound a bit but chances are it would keep it from making the trunk rattle because it would also take away most of the vibration....there's my two cents...have fun

The moron is the one who wonders if somebody has a pair of 12's in the stock location. Yeah, those'll fit in the rear deck behind the seat.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 11-18-2003, 04:03 AM   #7
theunbelivaBULL
CF Newbie

I agree with vwhobo why the hell would you have 12's in stock speaker places... and yea i am about go not show but to each his own. I know people who get their kicks and a few $$$ from all three genres ( music, show, and go). I am just looking if there are things i can do like tightening the trunk, licence plate, new latch, ect. Stuff i can do with my craftsman tool set in the parking lot.

(o)(o) has the right idea
theunbelivaBULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 04:42 AM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbelivaBULL
I agree with vwhobo why the hell would you have 12's in stock speaker places... and yea i am about go not show but to each his own. I know people who get their kicks and a few $$$ from all three genres ( music, show, and go). I am just looking if there are things i can do like tightening the trunk, licence plate, new latch, ect. Stuff i can do with my craftsman tool set in the parking lot.

(o)(o) has the right idea

The problem is you have the car, you can hear where the rattling is coming from, etc. So asking us what will fix the problem is a bit pointless because you still have to find the cause and fix it.