Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2005, 02:55 PM   #1
dvdb726
CF Newbie

Steering jerks

I have a 93 mercury topaz and recently replaced the clutch. Don't know if this is related or not. Did remove the stabilizer bar to drop tranny.

After a week of driving, with no problems, the steering wheel will out of the blue suddenly jerk to one side of the road. Then you drive with the sterring wheel turned to the side for a while and then a few moments later it will snap back to normal.

Did not touch any tierods or the steering mechanism when we replaced the clutch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
dvdb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 02:13 PM   #2
dvdb726
CF Newbie

Fixed myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdb726
I have a 93 mercury topaz and recently replaced the clutch. Don't know if this is related or not. Did remove the stabilizer bar to drop tranny.

After a week of driving, with no problems, the steering wheel will out of the blue suddenly jerk to one side of the road. Then you drive with the sterring wheel turned to the side for a while and then a few moments later it will snap back to normal.

Did not touch any tierods or the steering mechanism when we replaced the clutch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

One of the stabilizer bar bushings at the control arm was completely worn out, replaced bushings in both sides...runs great
dvdb726 is offline   Reply With Quote