theunbelivaBULL
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbelivaBULL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
The Hyabusa is built as a long distance cruiser anyway and it would be stupid to take it to the track

umm no the hyabusa is in the super sport catagory of bikes. go to www.suzuki.com if you dont belive me. 1300 cc, a top end stock around 185, 0-60 in i belive 1.6 or something like that. The hyabusa is a drag bike and suzukis R1 is their race track bike. Get your information correct before you post.

Um no, you need to get your information correct before YOU post. As odd as it may seem, not everyone lives in the USA. In the USA the Bus is in fact marketed as a sport bike. In Europe, where Cliffy lives, the Bus is marketed as sport touring bike.

As for your statement that the Bus is a dragbike, it is used in both drag racing and road racing. And the R1 is also used in both types of racing as well. Unfortunately the R1 is a Yamaha not a Suzuki.

Remember, correct information.

since we are on the fact of getting correct facts i am going my the official web site. I am not a master at european marketing nor do i care to be. Yes both can be used for both drag and track racing, but the general purpose intended is to be a drag bike. yea running backs can catch a pass but the intent is to run. and if you look at the website like i poasted suzuki does have an r1... the gsx-r1000 i am sorry but i dont use the gsx in common speach so i did not type it my bad... i know that yamaha has an r1 also... i have looked at both bikes extencivly. Now please get the stick out of your ass amd looking for the tinniest details to try and inflate your small ego by a mediocre attempt to appear smarter.
theunbelivaBULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 10:20 PM   #32
theunbelivaBULL
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
The Hyabusa is built as a long distance cruiser anyway and it would be stupid to take it to the track

umm no the hyabusa is in the super sport catagory of bikes. go to www.suzuki.com if you dont belive me. 1300 cc, a top end stock around 185, 0-60 in i belive 1.6 or something like that. The hyabusa is a drag bike and suzukis R1 is their race track bike. Get your information correct before you post.

Um no, you need to get your information correct before YOU post. As odd as it may seem, not everyone lives in the USA. In the USA the Bus is in fact marketed as a sport bike. In Europe, where Cliffy lives, the Bus is marketed as sport touring bike.

As for your statement that the Bus is a dragbike, it is used in both drag racing and road racing. And the R1 is also used in both types of racing as well. Unfortunately the R1 is a Yamaha not a Suzuki.

Remember, correct information.

since we are on the fact of getting correct facts i am going my the official web site. I am not a master at european marketing nor do i care to be. Yes both can be used for both drag and track racing, but the general purpose intended is to be a drag bike. yea running backs can catch a pass but the intent is to run. and if you look at the website like i poasted suzuki does have an r1... the gsx-r1000 i am sorry but i dont use the gsx in common speach so i did not type it my bad... i know that yamaha has an r1 also... i have looked at both bikes extencivly. Now please get the stick out of your ass amd looking for the tinniest details to try and inflate your small ego by a mediocre attempt to appear smarter.
theunbelivaBULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:22 AM   #33
BigBadBrat
CF Newbie

co0ol bike!!
Old 01-20-2004, 04:23 PM   #34
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
LOL, you tried using a Hyabusa for track racing? I sure as hell wouldn't want to, and vwhobo is correct, over here in the UK the Hyabusa is marketed as a Sport tourer which IMO is how it should be! P.S sorry for the late reply, I didn't see it till now plus I've not been around much!
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 07:11 PM   #35
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Tiniest details, huh? Oddly enough I can only read what you type so I had every reason to believe you meant Suzuki R1 when you typed it. Sorry, I haven't been married to you long enough to "know what you mean". As for your assertion that the Bus is "intended is to be a drag bike" can you please direct me to the official Suzuki press release that says that, it would make interesting reading.

To let the "Suzuki R1" thing go would be like letting it slide if someone posted "Cheverolet Mustang". By the way, I don't have to do anything to appear smarter than you, all anyone has to do is read your posts to figure that one out.

Non-existent Hayabusa road-racer (see below)

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

Last edited by vwhobo : 01-20-2004 at 07:34 PM.
vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 08:44 PM   #36
Ground Rat
CF Newbie

Suzuki R1, LMAO! I'll tell you what would be a fun project, a 400+ hp turbo busa shifter cart. I'm sure someone has already done that though.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:02 PM   #37
Ground Rat
CF Newbie

Looky what I found. Not a turbo busa, but a badass 1100: http://www.wrxworld.com/videos/GIXXERKART.WMV
Old 01-20-2004, 09:44 PM   #38
drowningseason99
CF Newbie

Correction!!!

Now this is the worlds fastest bike.......
Old 01-20-2004, 09:59 PM   #39
asa67_stang
CF Enthusiast

nope, that's a concept, not a bike

the bike with the possibility of being the world's fastest is the jet bike, one of which is owned by Leno
it has to do with the engine on that thing, the faster it goes, the more power it makes, as do all turbines

the only thing this bike really lacks is aerodynamics

i wish i knew now what i will know in thirty years, that would be nice...

the 'net has warped my fragile little mind
asa67_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 10:10 PM   #40
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

wow. 237 in 2nd gear. amazing.

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 06:25 PM   #41
Ground Rat
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by asa67_stang
the only thing this bike really lacks is aerodynamics

Hahaha, all bikes lack aerodynamics. I thought the turbine bikes only have two gears? And you can buy the tomahawk right now, it's past the concept stage. It's just not street legal.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:01 PM   #42
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground Rat
Hahaha, all bikes lack aerodynamics. I thought the turbine bikes only have two gears? And you can buy the tomahawk right now, it's past the concept stage. It's just not street legal.
Factually that's correct, but you're really overstating it. There have been ten (I think) reproductions built to be sold for around $550k. The fly in the ointment is they aren't fully funtioning vehicles, so are therefore unridable.

Granted it's not too much of a stretch to believe if someone has that kind of cash laying around they can find someone to make them work. The question is, what is inop or a dummy part.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote