Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2004, 10:30 PM   #46
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Ugg! SAABs! UGG!! They are owned by GM...I end my statement!

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 01:00 AM   #47
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Ugg! SAABs! UGG!! They are owned by GM...I end my statement!
Lol..

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:38 PM   #48
BAVARIANM5WORKS
CF Newbie

I do beleive that i said that i would not respond in the focus forum anymore!!!!!!!!!!!
BAVARIANM5WORKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:15 PM   #49
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAVARIANM5WORKS
I do beleive that i said that i would not respond in the focus forum anymore!!!!!!!!!!!
No Zippy, what you said was;

Quote:
But anywaise this will be the last time i respond in this forum i cannot stand you people and i am sure your glad that i am not coming back.
Since don't understand what you wrote let me spell it out for you. You don't like us and you're not coming back. Buh bye.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:25 PM   #50
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Dude I have read the posts...and you are over reacting...just go somewhere else and such!
Old 03-26-2004, 06:40 PM   #51
Arthur
On Probation

doesnt mean GM plays any part in designing the saabs, same goes with volvo. Ford owns volvo, GM owns saab but neither of the american companys Design cars for the companys they own.
Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 10:01 PM   #52
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur
doesnt mean GM plays any part in designing the saabs, same goes with volvo. Ford owns volvo, GM owns saab but neither of the american companys Design cars for the companys they own.
Really? I didnt think that...I know that they use the same engines...I have read that before....

By the by: nice 242Ti!

Old 03-27-2004, 10:23 PM   #53
Hiens
CF Newbie

Quote:

well lets see. the new saabs (9-2, 9-7) both look like another GM owned manufacturer. The 9-2 looks like a Suburu because suburu is making it so it can get released faster. Also the 9-7 looks like a trail blazer because the design used to work for GM and it sold well in the US which just happens to be the 9-7's target sales drive.

Happy? No.
Hiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 08:02 AM   #54
Arthur
On Probation

Baaahha, saab woudlnt still be holding the record for one of the safest car companys in the world if GM hepled design the cars. Saab and volvo May take hints from there Gm/ford counter parts but i HIGHLY Doubt that GM/ford actually do any of the designing.

Last edited by Arthur : 03-28-2004 at 08:05 AM.
Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 02:58 PM   #55
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Baaahha, saab woudlnt still be holding the record for one of the safest car companys in the world if GM hepled design the cars. Saab and volvo May take hints from there Gm/ford counter parts but i HIGHLY Doubt that GM/ford actually do any of the designing.
There's a record now for being the safest car company? Do they have a ceremony on a TV show or does that information just come out in a book?

There is no doubt that Saab builds very safe cars but to say they hold the "record" is simply absurd.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 03-28-2004, 04:12 PM   #56
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
There's a record now for being the safest car company? Do they have a ceremony on a TV show or does that information just come out in a book?

There is no doubt that Saab builds very safe cars but to say they hold the "record" is simply absurd.

if anyone were to hold this "record" it would be Volvo anyways...

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 06:39 PM   #57
Hiens
CF Newbie

It's actually tied. Saab and Mercades. Volvo is seccong but i think their proding some new stuuf that will try and bosst em' to at least tie or surpass Saab and Mercades. Also the 9-2 and 9-7 haven't been tested yet.

Happy? No.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:57 PM   #58
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiens
It's actually tied. Saab and Mercades. Volvo is seccong but i think their proding some new stuuf that will try and bosst em' to at least tie or surpass Saab and Mercades. Also the 9-2 and 9-7 haven't been tested yet.
Dude I seriously think that Volvos are the safest cars...MB maybe tied with them, but not SAAB...

Old 03-28-2004, 10:28 PM   #59
Hiens
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Dude I seriously think that Volvos are the safest cars...MB maybe tied with them, but not SAAB...
Trollhättan, 26 November 2002

Highest marks awarded to the Saab 9-3 Sports Sedan:
Saab 9-3 Sports Sedan receives maximum five stars in EuroNCAP's collision test

The new Saab 9-3 Sports Sedan is awarded a maximum five star rating in the latest round of EuroNCAP collision tests, the most prestigious in Europe. The full results will be published in a widely-respected consumer report.

"These excellent results are very gratifying. EuroNCAP is an independent organisation, completely separate from car manufacturers, whose evaluations contain accessible and objective information for car consumers. That is why our goal was to finish at the top of the rankings. However, our Real Life Safety concept is, as always, the controlling factor which guides collision safety development at Saab," says Per Lenhoff, Head of Crash Safety Development at Saab Automobile.

In plain language, Real Life Safety means that Saab's goal is to develop cars which provide the best possible safety in real world crashes. That is why Saab's technicians continually examine cars which have been involved in actual collisions. The results of these studies form the basis for improvements in construction and safety solutions, in addition to Saab's own collision testing programme methods which comprise a total of 75 different test configurations.

"Real-life situations are difficult to predict and no two collisions are alike. That is why the lessons learned from actual collisions contribute invaluable information and why we perform tests which are considerably tougher and more comprehensive than those required by law," says Per Lenhoff.

EuroNCAP conducts tests using three types of collision: a frontal impact and two different kinds of side impact. The test results are then evaluated according to a large number of parameters relating to driver and passenger safety. These are the tests for which the Saab 9-3 Sports Sedan has now been awarded five stars; a follow-up to the Saab 9-5's success in 2000, when it was judged to be the best car tested to date by EuroNCAP.

During the past year, Saab has attracted a great deal of attention due to the impressive results of several field studies involving SAHR (Saab Active Head Restraint), which has been standard equipment in both the Saab 9-3 and the 9-5 since 1998. In November 2001, The Journal of Trauma in the United States published a comparison study between SAHR-equipped Saabs and older Saabs with traditional head restraints. The survey was based on actual collisions and showed that SAHR reduces the risk of serious whiplash injuries as a result of rear-end impacts. by 75 per cent

Recently, the American research institute IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) and British insurance research center at Thatcham published reports also stating that SAHR provides very effective protection. Both the IIHS (www.hwysafety.org) and Thatcham (www.thatcham.org) are organisations which are owned by insurance companies. The Saab 9-5 has also generated interest in the US by receiving the highest marks in IIHS and USNCAP (www.NHTSA.com) consumer laboratory collision tests.

For further additional information, please contact: Christer Nilsson, Press Relations Manager, Saab Automobile, tel. +46 520 854 86, e-mail christer.u.nilsson@saab.com Per Lenhoff, Head of Crash Safety Development, Saab Automobile, tel. +46 520 865 65, e-mail: per.lenhoff@saab.com

You can find more information on EuroNCAP, European New Car Assessment Programme, at:
www.euroncap.com

Happy? No.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:52 PM   #60
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiens
Trollhättan, 26 November 2002

Highest marks awarded to the Saab 9-3 Sports Sedan:
Saab 9-3 Sports Sedan receives maximum five stars in EuroNCAP's collision test

The new Saab 9-3 Sports Sedan is awarded a maximum five star rating in the latest round of EuroNCAP collision tests, the most prestigious in Europe. The full results will be published in a widely-respected consumer report.

"These excellent results are very gratifying. EuroNCAP is an independent organisation, completely separate from car manufacturers, whose evaluations contain accessible and objective information for car consumers. That is why our goal was to finish at the top of the rankings. However, our Real Life Safety concept is, as always, the controlling factor which guides collision safety development at Saab," says Per Lenhoff, Head of Crash Safety Development at Saab Automobile.

In plain language, Real Life Safety means that Saab's goal is to develop cars which provide the best possible safety in real world crashes. That is why Saab's technicians continually examine cars which have been involved in actual collisions. The results of these studies form the basis for improvements in construction and safety solutions, in addition to Saab's own collision testing programme methods which comprise a total of 75 different test configurations.

"Real-life situations are difficult to predict and no two collisions are alike. That is why the lessons learned from actual collisions contribute invaluable information and why we perform tests which are considerably tougher and more comprehensive than those required by law," says Per Lenhoff.

EuroNCAP conducts tests using three types of collision: a frontal impact and two different kinds of side impact. The test results are then evaluated according to a large number of parameters relating to driver and passenger safety. These are the tests for which the Saab 9-3 Sports Sedan has now been awarded five stars; a follow-up to the Saab 9-5's success in 2000, when it was judged to be the best car tested to date by EuroNCAP.

During the past year, Saab has attracted a great deal of attention due to the impressive results of several field studies involving SAHR (Saab Active Head Restraint), which has been standard equipment in both the Saab 9-3 and the 9-5 since 1998. In November 2001, The Journal of Trauma in the United States published a comparison study between SAHR-equipped Saabs and older Saabs with traditional head restraints. The survey was based on actual collisions and showed that SAHR reduces the risk of serious whiplash injuries as a result of rear-end impacts. by 75 per cent

Recently, the American research institute IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) and British insurance research center at Thatcham published reports also stating that SAHR provides very effective protection. Both the IIHS (www.hwysafety.org) and Thatcham (www.thatcham.org) are organisations which are owned by insurance companies. The Saab 9-5 has also generated interest in the US by receiving the highest marks in IIHS and USNCAP (www.NHTSA.com) consumer laboratory collision tests.

For further additional information, please contact: Christer Nilsson, Press Relations Manager, Saab Automobile, tel. +46 520 854 86, e-mail christer.u.nilsson@saab.com Per Lenhoff, Head of Crash Safety Development, Saab Automobile, tel. +46 520 865 65, e-mail: per.lenhoff@saab.com

You can find more information on EuroNCAP, European New Car Assessment Programme, at:
www.euroncap.com
Thank you for 1000 words of absolutely nothing. I don't think there's anyone here who has said Saab doen't make a safe car. Unfortunately the evidence you presented in no way compares the Saab to any other make, so how does it prove they're the safest?