Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2005, 05:26 AM   #1
Greaser1957
CF Newbie

Post For the Ricers...

What do you exactly see in these imports? All i see is 4 banger weedwacker shopping cart wing fart piped rubebr band thin tired cars that look like they were found in the bottom of the cracker jack box? I want to know Asias best performance vehicle and from what i told its the Mines r34 nissan skyline with the rumored 280 mph? Its quite annoying seeing these little hondas with tires so thin you couldnt tell if you had a flat till you hit a speed bump with these fake aerodynamic kits, and those oversized wings that drag in the wind and those over brightened european headlights. Movies like the fast and the furios series were made to dawn apon imports as they are so great. I am an obsessed car freak and i can tell you no supras going to keep nose ends with a 70 charger with a fully blown hemi thats been bored out, super charged, and a blower. I will admit there are imports that have a handle on some muscle cars on the track because they were basically designed for just quick shifting. (by the way all the imports on 2F2F had small block chevy 350's read it from the movie producers thereself somewhere) Anyways I just thought id set some things straight. I know nissan has a sponsored car in the laguna seca. so being if the european and asian cars are so great why has corvette c5r had 2 wins followed by viper team orecas 3 wins in the past 5 years of racing? and dont forget when you have big blocks some cant be turned past 6500 unless you change the crank shaft, small blocks are made for high rpms such as my camaros 383 with TPI. I also realise that there are little vtec engines that can go up to 160. Impressive for 1 to 3 runs for the engine blows. lol the standard rule is if the cars CI exceeds the horsepower there wont be much of an engine problem as vice versa. Ah yes ferrari... the worlds famous sports car. if they were so great how come in 67-68 the ford gt40 with only 306 hp at 6k rpms beat them at the lemanz? youv got that going against a 600 hp ferrari and gets stomped on, especially by the cars that are famous for getting towed off the side of the road? that would be an embarrassment. I see it senseless to buy shitloads of air filtering, exaust treatment and pipes, turbo chargers just to beat a 396 SS engine at the same speed but 2k more rpms when a 396 is cheaper and more reliable? I would also know why you guys think you can just stomp all over the muscle cars when they were the basis for real speed. such as the 70 chevelle 454 or the buick special with the wildcat engines that were also famous in some WW2 fighters. the slowest muscle car that i know of would be the dart in my backyard with the 340 that can do 140 and maybe 150. with nothing special to it. as opposing to buying all this useless junk for some import that has a hard time getting over 120. when it comes to dragracing imports are just a joke, so are the engine sounds. For you 4WD car lovers id just letcha best know to make a side note that 4WD on cars limits the top speed. also those of you who enjoy Front Drive cars. If you know the scientific theory its easier to push something then it is to pull something youd get great results with a rear wheel drive car. midrear drive cars, nah never had thought about it. there are top fuel dragsters here that do 300 mph plus in 3 seconds or less with just 426 hemis and chevy big blocks that have 1200 hp when you guys still are trying to figre out how to cram more turbo chargers (not to mention those fans can break easily) under the hood of a car . Your just figuring out ways to blow your engines to mock muscle cars busting your ass to do 160 and 180 with over priced amounts of equipment on your car just to beat stock engines. i find that pathetic, All i have to do is super charger a 576 with dual carb with less the price it takes for you to turbocharge your honda and top you out at ferrari speed that v-12's do at 8k rpms. My camaro has a 380 small block with tpi and on the dino it does 210-230 at 8k rpms and ont the road at 180. while itt akes two turbo chjargers on a v-12 just to match my eprformance off a small block and ram air through two front vents. Imports basically aim for as high as an rpm you can get in the 4-6 cylinder engine as possible. As you guys improve theres an engine shop called South Coast Automotives that produces oversized v-8 850 C.I. engines that can doo 8-12k rpms and can do 280+ and there not even dragcars that are street driven. No no replacing the flywheels, crankshafts, they last a good long while. Muscle cars may be obsulete but they still kick 98% of the imports asses out there. And just think of all the improvements that have been made over the years to better the engines. Lets notf orget the bigdaddy chevelle with its beefy 454, videogames and media hold down this king that i personally know for a fact these cars can do 180 havent seen any good kicks for the 200 mph mark yet, but these are fantastic cars and when you think muscle car this is usually the first car that pops up in your head. Now that weve covered the dragracing subject. Its time for sports cars vsing the imports. track wise my camaro has more of a handle on a wide variety of imports souped up on the track. Also corvette has engineered some of teh greatest sports cars such as the 69 427. Intertwining a beefy big block that can compete enough to go track wise. the first year shelby operated as a single company chevy made the 427 cobra in 65 that had excellent shifting and speeds of 150 - 160 ( some considder it to both be a muscle car and a sports car because of the shelby heritage signification) I personally love the 65 cobras shifting that can outmatch tons of imports without having to take big leaps of nitrous and dual turbo chargers just to tag the rear wheel of this car. All im saying is you guys are sad having to build 600 hp + engines with 8k rpms just to stay nose wise with stock engines that have not fully been souped up as much as those so significant imports. all we have to do is slap on the goodys and your doors no longer are reattachable. I leave this post with this picture of the famous american hotrod idol the willis coupe blown. http://www.garagekungen.com/24%20Aug...rund%20eng.htm

1200 hp + non dragcar doing 300 without a problem and beautiful shifting. This is where you guys officially lose even with your best skylines and all that other bullshit. =) Now i do expect some riots, and some media controlled answers and hate responses to try and reclaim your so called glory over the american muscle. But untill youv actually seen the dino tests and been around the cars yourselfs besides reading facts off a piece of paper, or taking the time to enjoy what has been put together and hating you might learn something from the real mechanics, the greasers who origonally built the land speed record 42 chevy roadster that held the land speed record at 160 off a 4 barrol and wasnt broken until,l the mid 80s by jets cars alike. my grandfather and the bunchw ere there with the group that officially invented hotrods and ratrods. I may be oldschool, but i know how to put the boot down. BUT i will appreciate your work that youv done keeping up on the track with the other american cars. besides i like the 97 supra all ripped out with the extra fiberglass, and my favorite sports car being the tommy karai ZZJ2 (i think thats how its spelled) with a nice low sloped drag wing. All im saying is i dont appreciate the fatc you think you can just stomp out what lit the horsepower non limits for years to come, and actually admit that the muscle car still stands the key role as real speed demons on the dragway. Once you start to apperciate these things i may appreciate imports better, but i will never appreciate that weedwacker sound i hate it compared to this beautiful deep tone. http://www.musclecarcalendar.com/65bcobra.htm

thats the chevy influenced 427 now after 65 ford bought shelby out and screwed things up. but even you ricers boys gotta admit thats a fine tuned sound there! =) peace.

Last edited by Greaser1957 : 03-14-2005 at 05:46 AM.
Greaser1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 05:32 AM   #2
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast

before i read this, please tell me you cut and pasted that
Old 03-14-2005, 05:38 AM   #3
Greaser1957
CF Newbie

For the Ricers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Impedance
before i read this, please tell me you cut and pasted that

Nope, typed it all myself to make the message clear to yall.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:55 AM   #4
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast

and now i lay into you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greaser1957
been bored out, super charged, and a blower.
umm a blower is a common name for a supercharger unless you mean a blow through carb.
Quote:
Ah yes ferrari... the worlds famous sports car. if they were so great how come in 67-68 the ford gt40 with only 306 hp at 6k rpms beat them at the lemanz?
if you want to talk lemanz, then how about the mazda 4 rotor? whats that? oh it won. then your piston loving bitches cried about it and had it banned because they did something better than they could do.
Quote:
For you 4WD car lovers id just letcha best know to make a side note that 4WD on cars limits the top speed.

you mean AWD. 4wd is found on trucks because all four wheels spin at the same time with almost the same force. AWD has a primary drive and the secondary (ie the front or rear wheels pending maker) start to spin to gain traction. otherwise, they are doing nothing

Quote:
. track wise my camaro has more of a handle on a wide variety of imports souped up on the track. Also corvette has engineered some of teh greatest sports cars such as the 69 427.
what can you pull on the skid pad? the TII (rx7) ; 1.03 with a lightly modded suspension and a good alignment. and perfectly streetable. you would last 2 seconds on the track with a purpose built 7.

Quote:
1200 hp + non dragcar doing 300 without a problem and beautiful shifting. This is where you guys officially lose even with your best skylines and all that other bullshit.
1200 hp and 300 miles per hour and shifting smooth as ever eh? umm BS. pro drag cars use two gears. or a series of clutches that control gearing. and no they are not smooth. better than that, you have no chancce in hell of ever driving that to the store.

i think you need to admit that all cars play a role in racing. it isnt dominated by one side or the other. really your last paragraph was more hypocritical than anything. that and alot of pro import drag cars use import v8's and v6s. seeing that the rule limitations do not allow for the same power levels as a top fuel car, its hard to compare anything.

and now that the 4 rotor is allowed in IHRA, it should be interesting.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:10 AM   #5
Greaser1957
CF Newbie

Quote:
and now i lay into you.

umm a blower is a common name for a supercharger unless you mean a blow through carb.

if you want to talk lemanz, then how about the mazda 4 rotor? whats that? oh it won. then your piston loving bitches cried about it and had it banned because they did something better than they could do.

you mean AWD. 4wd is found on trucks because all four wheels spin at the same time with almost the same force. AWD has a primary drive and the secondary (ie the front or rear wheels pending maker) start to spin to gain traction. otherwise, they are doing nothing

what can you pull on the skid pad? the TII (rx7) ; 1.03 with a lightly modded suspension and a good alignment. and perfectly streetable. you would last 2 seconds on the track with a purpose built 7.

1200 hp and 300 miles per hour and shifting smooth as ever eh? umm BS. pro drag cars use two gears. or a series of clutches that control gearing. and no they are not smooth. better than that, you have no chancce in hell of ever driving that to the store.

i think you need to admit that all cars play a role in racing. it isnt dominated by one side or the other. really your last paragraph was more hypocritical than anything. that and alot of pro import drag cars use import v8's and v6s. seeing that the rule limitations do not allow for the same power levels as a top fuel car, its hard to compare anything.

and now that the 4 rotor is allowed in IHRA, it should be interesting.

Yes but looks like nascar didnt let the imports race on the track because thatd be a joke. And i said most to my car but im doing pretty well. and 1200 hp at 300. Lol buddy you havent been to richmond dragway, unless someones a little jealous here its true with the top fuels iv seen go down the track. lets not forget John Force. You can place a blower on top of the supercharger at the same time allowing better functionality for air cramming adding an extra 300 hp.

if you want to talk lemanz, then how about the mazda 4 rotor? whats that? oh it won. then your piston loving bitches cried about it and had it banned because they did something better than they could do. - Yes out of how many stated corvette and viper wins? Exactly... You may have me cornered on the track racings but when it comes to the dragracing theres going to be a rivalry. on the subject. lets follow the yellowbrick road to SCA on the southcoast so i can show you exactly the engines we make.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:15 AM   #6
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast

well seeing the 4 rotor won in the first year then was immediatly banned. kinda hard to make more than one win like a viper or similiar. honestly im a very all around car guy. i have two 7's and a model T and i know many a person with older muscle cars and many people with import sport cars. All of which have been better on way or another over eachother. its personal preference. NASCAR is too imbred and there is no way that they will let imports race because of their own prejudices and not really any statistics.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:16 AM   #7
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast

I'm kinda a history buff, and I cannot for the life of me remember a Buick Wildcat engine used in ANY WWII fighter... Most were Merlins, Rolls-Royces, etc...
Old 03-14-2005, 06:25 AM   #8
Greaser1957
CF Newbie

you make the NASCAR thing sound like a racial issue. Its only because Nascar is an american sport. thats like letting imports in NHRA do you see a problem? its just not worth the time. those nascars out there out perform many cars even custom built by the best car designers. I did notice they had problems driving in mexico because theyw erent used to left and right corner tracks as opposing right all the time. Not to mention they run super soft tires that are almost drag car tires.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:26 AM   #9
Greaser1957
CF Newbie

as far as the buick wildcar engine i heard the use of it being used in one of the test planes or something not quite sure but rolls royce and the english cars i do appreciate. the p-51 was the terror of the sky, but my hearts with the p-40.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:30 AM   #10
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast

it almost is a racial issue because honestly, the only reason they wont do it is because the fans would be pissed off about it

what about drag imports neeeding rebuilt? oh, so do the top fuel cars that turn out 4 sec 1/4 miles. only after 1 or 2 runs. thats because they are meant to only last for so many revoultions.

ever watcht the WRC? world rally championship? notice the only cars there are small engine cars? why? the rules almost make it that why and ever see the driving they do? they have more skill than forumla cars or your precious nascar. that and the cars take some of the worse beating imagenable.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:35 AM   #11
Rat King
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greaser1957
as far as the buick wildcar engine i heard the use of it being used in one of the test planes or something not quite sure but rolls royce and the english cars i do appreciate. the p-51 was the terror of the sky, but my hearts with the p-40.

Agree on the Mustang... But personally prefer the P47...
Rat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 06:40 AM   #12
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast

the best bumper sticker ever i saw on a mg...

"the parts that fall off of this car are of the finest british engineering"
Old 03-14-2005, 07:02 AM   #13
Rat King
CF Newbie

Just kinda skimming this topic, and I found a couple points to disagree with...

Top Fuelers run more than just a "426 Hemi..." While this IS the basic block, there's really nothing in common with a 72 Charger... While the HP outta these engines amazes the Hell outta me, they DO get rebuilt after every 4 seconds of use!!!

As far as bringing the whole 2-Fast... cars into the topic, these cars are built for a look, and any enthusiast is immediately gonna do away with the wing, fart-can exhaust, etc...

However, the performance potential of these cars is more than you may car to admit... 1100 hp Supra's are actually pretty common on the street, as they have a VERY strong bottom end.

You can also make very good power reliably out of small-bore import engines...

Blown Miata's are very common making about the same hp as recent F-Body GM's, while out-handling them easily.
Rat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 07:04 AM   #14
Greaser1957
CF Newbie

Quote:
it almost is a racial issue because honestly, the only reason they wont do it is because the fans would be pissed off about it

what about drag imports neeeding rebuilt? oh, so do the top fuel cars that turn out 4 sec 1/4 miles. only after 1 or 2 runs. thats because they are meant to only last for so many revoultions.

ever watcht the WRC? world rally championship? notice the only cars there are small engine cars? why? the rules almost make it that why and ever see the driving they do? they have more skill than forumla cars or your precious nascar. that and the cars take some of the worse beating imagenable.

what about drag imports neeeding rebuilt? oh, so do the top fuel cars that turn out 4 sec 1/4 miles. only after 1 or 2 runs. thats because they are meant to only last for so many revoultions. -Yes true but when you have to rebuild after 160 once or twice there are some real problems.. plus theres a difference between pro modified and street cars. the only thing rebuilt is the flywheel and crankshaft the pistons are good for another 60 runs. as opposed to why not just rebuy a completely new engine? as far as street wise those old dust collecters as you call them last a hell of alot longer at the most hardest churning they do for a big block that youd expect to blow faster then a small block that has problems quicker. as far as the 4 bangers they are nothing but high rpms and doubtfully dont last as long as the C5Rs v-8. and no i dont care to watch cars do a trucks job on a rally course in the dirt. I could care less for dirt racing. iv got an old javelin out back with 130k miles and it only needs oil changes and that thing still rips the pavement up at the dragstrip and hasnt been rebuilt just a new fanbelt that snapped once in all the years use. i have 10 classic cars in my backyard. one needs a new timing chain, and the others just need new tires to run.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:08 AM   #15
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast

so obviously you have no idea what the WRC is like. going 150 to 200 mph through the mud, snow, wet and dry pavement, commonly all on the same course on roads or trails not much wider than the car is feat all of its own. There is NO comparision between the WRC and dirt track racing. Why do you like ovals so much!!!!