Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2005, 06:47 AM   #1
Taurus95
CF Newbie

A good deal?

Hi, I am 16 and about to buy my first car. I went to a used car place and spotted a beautiful 1995 Ford Taurus GL Sedan 4 door V6.. it is in great condition. It has 103k miles on it and they're asking $2,195 for it. I'm going to check it again but this time my uncle is checking the engine, trans ..ect..
so my question is do you guys think this is a good deal ??
Oh yeah , it also comes with a 3 month warranty and if i want, i can purchase 6 more months..
Taurus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 08:53 AM   #2
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution

Well if you want a Taurus then I guess go ahead...personally I would drive one...for under 5k I would look for

I am assuming you want a 4 door:

Honda Accord late 80's early 90's
Toyota Camry late 80's early 90's
Nissan Sentra late 80's early 90's
Mazda Protegé early 90's
Old 03-17-2005, 11:15 PM   #3
Taurus95
CF Newbie

Any other opinions?
Old 03-17-2005, 11:45 PM   #4
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus95
Any other opinions?

I own a 1990 Ford taurus GL with the 3.8 V6, and I've had a couple problems with it, but overall, it';s a good car. I'm at 101,000 miles and I've replcaed the MAP sensor, and the entire power steering system. The engine isn't packed that well, so it;s hard to work on it yourself, but it's a good overall 4 door car.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:21 AM   #5
jdubya
CF Enthusiast

i personally would not buy an older Taurus because from wht i've heard, they are not very dependable. But go ahead suit yourself.

PRELUDE POWER!
jdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 12:40 AM   #6
Taurus95
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya
i personally would not buy an older Taurus because from wht i've heard, they are not very dependable. But go ahead suit yourself.

Well yeah its a little harder to find a good car when you're 16, work in a fast food place and have a $2,200 budget
Old 03-18-2005, 12:58 AM   #7
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus95
Hi, I am 16 and about to buy my first car. I went to a used car place and spotted a beautiful 1995 Ford Taurus GL Sedan 4 door V6.. it is in great condition. It has 103k miles on it and they're asking $2,195 for it. I'm going to check it again but this time my uncle is checking the engine, trans ..ect..
so my question is do you guys think this is a good deal ??
Oh yeah , it also comes with a 3 month warranty and if i want, i can purchase 6 more months..

yeh, if you really dont mind owning a taurus then it sounds like a good deal. i mean even if there was a problem its a good thing it comes with that warranty!
JUST MAKE SURE YOU DO HAVE A WARRANTY! THATS CRITICAL.
Make sure you are looking for a car you actually like, not just because you think it’s a good deal.

See when I purchased my car, I was really looking forward to getting a 98 honda civic coupe si or the 2002vw gti. I ended up getting a 2002 lancer oz which was just a couple thousands cheaper because I thought it was a good deal. Now I regret making that move because I honestly wouldn’t mind adding a few 10's to my monthly bill and getting a car I want!. I hate my lancer, wish I never have gotten it.