Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2003, 01:18 AM   #1
tts2113

Celica

Alright, im im lookin into maybe gettin a Celica in the next year. Just wondering on any comments on the celica, goods or bads, do's or dont. If any Celica owner is willing to help thanks, im just trying toget the real deal. D
Old 11-29-2003, 03:56 AM   #2
spirited driver
CF Newbie

Overall, Toyotas are great cars. I think Celicas are a very good example of a nice import as well. However, I think you should be a little more specific- the Celica has been around since the 1970's! I'm assuming you want a newer model, in which case you are looking at a pretty decent car. The first type of Celica I would choose, although older, is the early 90's GT four. It sports a 3SGTE and AWD. The 3SGTE is a great engine (my MR2 has one), it's 200hp and 200 lb/ft at pretty low RPMs. These cars are very rare, but they can be found- there's one in my area for sale right now for $5000.
Anyway, the newer Celicas- 99, 2000-on have VERY good aftermarket support- you can change pretty much anything you would want, including adding a turbo, etc. The only real downfall, which is just a personal opinion of mine, is that Celicas (besides the GTfour) are FWD. I've driven a 2001 Celica GT-S, and wasn't very impressed with it's acceleration or speed, although I thought the handling was pretty good. Of course, you are headed in the right direction- away from Hondas!!

-Josh
Old 11-29-2003, 04:22 AM   #3
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirited driver
Overall, Toyotas are great cars. I think Celicas are a very good example of a nice import as well. However, I think you should be a little more specific- the Celica has been around since the 1970's! I'm assuming you want a newer model, in which case you are looking at a pretty decent car. The first type of Celica I would choose, although older, is the early 90's GT four. It sports a 3SGTE and AWD. The 3SGTE is a great engine (my MR2 has one), it's 200hp and 200 lb/ft at pretty low RPMs. These cars are very rare, but they can be found- there's one in my area for sale right now for $5000.
Anyway, the newer Celicas- 99, 2000-on have VERY good aftermarket support- you can change pretty much anything you would want, including adding a turbo, etc. The only real downfall, which is just a personal opinion of mine, is that Celicas (besides the GTfour) are FWD. I've driven a 2001 Celica GT-S, and wasn't very impressed with it's acceleration or speed, although I thought the handling was pretty good. Of course, you are headed in the right direction- away from Hondas!!

-Josh

and theyre kinda like chick cars IMO....

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 07:34 PM   #4
vwmaniac
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirited driver

-Josh

and theyre kinda like chick cars IMO....

Well,not everybody thinks so...that is only your opinion.
Old 11-30-2003, 01:02 AM   #5
SuperJew
I like pie.

and thats excactly what i'm saying.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 11:44 PM   #6
theunbelivaBULL
CF Newbie

just get a supra
theunbelivaBULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 12:39 AM   #7
Sethro
CF Newbie

I think if you could afford a GT4 then Definatly go for it. I would if i had the money.

www.Cardomain.com/id/rxnoodles
Sethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 07:01 PM   #8
vwmaniac
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
and thats excactly what i'm saying.

Anyway,I still agree with you that they are kind of chick cars/
Old 12-04-2003, 11:41 PM   #9
stringer001
CF Enthusiast