FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2003, 12:16 AM   #16
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethro
Quote:
Wow you guys really are assholes. Haha. Well its kinda funny how i never claimed my car to be fast or ricey, but thats ok. If you wanna poke fun thats fine with me. Go for it. I'm here to help people. Not put them down.
I've got no temper. I just said its ok that you poke fun. So what do you guys have against neons on rx7's?

I think a more specific and correct question would be neon on anything. What is the point of it except to scream "look at me"?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 12:21 AM   #17
Sethro
CF Newbie

Thats also the point of having a nice car. Especialy a VW. If i see a nice bug driving down the road i sit and stare. Your trying to get people to turn heads.

www.Cardomain.com/id/rxnoodles
Sethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 12:29 AM   #18
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Thats also the point of having a nice car. Especialy a VW. If i see a nice bug driving down the road i sit and stare. Your trying to get people to turn heads.

I can understand and agree with that to a point. But there's alot of difference between building a car from the ground up with your own hands and hanging $50 worth of lights underneath. But then I've never in all my years understood why someone would invest copious amounts of money and time into a car and then make it a trailer queen. In my mind it's sort of the same thing.

Honestly with all the cars I've built it's always been for me, never giving a second thought to the fact that other people might want to see them.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 12-03-2003, 12:35 AM   #19
Sethro
CF Newbie

The neons are for my enjoyment also. I think they look cool. If your oppinion is that you dont like them then thats your oppinion. Thats cool. Everyones entitled. I personaly love VW's. My fave is the '90 Corrado. There actualy was a guy with a classic bug that was asking me where to get neons the other day. Anyway i'll stop buggin you about this dumb stuff. Just curious of your oppinion.

Old 12-03-2003, 12:41 AM   #20
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Seth...you have the lighted valve stem caps too? That would just make it even more cool!!

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 12:43 AM   #21
Sethro
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Seth...you have the lighted valve stem caps too? That would just make it even more cool!!
Um no i dont have those.

Old 12-03-2003, 12:45 AM   #22
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

ahhhh...Seth changed his sig pic....darn the luck!! No more neon RX7?

Old 12-03-2003, 12:54 AM   #23
Sethro
CF Newbie

Ok i'll put it back just cuz ya love it so much.

Old 12-03-2003, 12:59 AM   #24
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Ok i'll put it back just cuz ya love it so much.

Else what would we chat about???

Old 12-03-2003, 01:01 AM   #25
Sethro
CF Newbie

how bout your bmw. That an old M3?

Old 12-03-2003, 01:28 AM   #26
TurboShelby
CF Newbie

Geez, what is up with all you slow euro tuners ragging on neon. My car is fast(faster than most of yours, with the exception of that M3, but I only paid 500 for mine) and yet I still have TASTEFUL neon. Although I agree that the ricer mantra seems to be "Im going to add everything I can to get people to look at my Honda that sounds like bee" there is something to be said for tasteful neon. With the right products in the right places, some glow can make you car stand out while not making you look like a dumbass. Glowing is a sub culture. While you may not like it, we do. So keep your opinions to yourself unless we ask for them and repect the fact that Sethro has a cool RX7 with a TASTEFUL(theres that word again) underbody kit that makes his car look better than it already does. So just vist www.streetglow.com marvel at some of the kick ass cars on the homepage and the forums and keep your traps shut.
With lots of green neon!
TurboShelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 01:40 AM   #27
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboShelby
Geez, what is up with all you slow euro tuners ragging on neon. My car is fast(faster than most of yours, with the exception of that M3, but I only paid 500 for mine) and yet I still have TASTEFUL neon. Although I agree that the ricer mantra seems to be "Im going to add everything I can to get people to look at my Honda that sounds like bee" there is something to be said for tasteful neon. With the right products in the right places, some glow can make you car stand out while not making you look like a dumbass. Glowing is a sub culture. While you may not like it, we do. So keep your opinions to yourself unless we ask for them and repect the fact that Sethro has a cool RX7 with a TASTEFUL(theres that word again) underbody kit that makes his car look better than it already does. So just vist www.streetglow.com marvel at some of the kick ass cars on the homepage and the forums and keep your traps shut.

Wait just a ****ing minute. First off you can lose that "euro tuner" shit when you're talking about me. You have no idea how wrong you are. Secondly who the hell do you think you are to come in here with your FIRST post and tell people to keep their opinions to themselves, then go on to blather your opinion? If you like his car great. If he likes his car great. If you're too thin skinned to take some crap, that's your problem.

Bottom line is nobody asked for your opinion, so keep it to yourself (your words paraphrased). And if you think your "soon to be in the 12's" Daytona (which are fun and can be fast) is faster than my junk, all I can say is anytime baby. Make sure you bring lotsa money.

Old 12-03-2003, 01:49 AM   #28
TurboShelby
CF Newbie

Hey, just defending a fellow glower. And I have no idea what your driving. Im just going by what appears to be a German K-Car in your Avatar. And 12's is with a new turbo,injectors and an ECU. And that's just an estimate. These cars run mid 11's with this stuff too.

Edit: Alright after reading your pots, I regret to inform you that m,y post was not directed to you. You make a valid point. I am building my car from the ground up, and I dont care what other people think about as long as I like it, and the neons are for me, because I happen to like them anbd think they look good. And to take a quote from a fellow glower: "My neons may not add horsepower, but that funny thing hanging off my exhaust manifold does."
With lots of green neon!
TurboShelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 01:55 AM   #29
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboShelby
Hey, just defending a fellow glower. And I have no idea what your driving. Im just going by what appears to be a German K-Car in your Avatar. And 12's is with a new turbo,injectors and an ECU. And that's just an estimate. These cars run mid 11's with this stuff too.

All very nice but you failed to answer the question so I'll restate it. Why is your opinion any more important than anyone else's? And what the hell is a K-car? Oh yeah, that's what your Daytona is based on.

Old 12-03-2003, 01:55 AM   #30
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Wow you guys really are assholes. Haha. Well its kinda funny how i never claimed my car to be fast or ricey, but thats ok. If you wanna poke fun thats fine with me. Go for it. I'm here to help people. Not put them down.

I, on the other hand, am here to put people down.

Quote:
Geez, what is up with all you slow euro tuners ragging on neon. My car is fast(faster than most of yours, with the exception of that M3, but I only paid 500 for mine) and yet I still have TASTEFUL neon.

How do you know what they drive?

Quote:
Although I agree that the ricer mantra seems to be "Im going to add everything I can to get people to look at my Honda that sounds like bee"
This is what separates ricers from Japanese car enthusiasts.

Quote:
there is something to be said for tasteful neon.
I agree, it can be tasteful, but it can also be overdone and hideous. (I'm not saying that Seth's RX-7 is overdone.)

Quote:
So keep your opinions to yourself unless we ask for them
Who are "we" exactly? I didn't here anybody asking you for your opinion either.

Quote:
and repect the fact that Sethro has a cool RX7 with a TASTEFUL(theres that word again) underbody kit that makes his car look better than it already does. So just vist www.streetglow.com marvel at some of the kick ass cars on the homepage and the forums and keep your traps shut.

Based on what you've already read in this topic, do these people seem like they would enjoy a trip over to streetglow.com?
Widowmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote