Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2005, 09:10 AM   #1
ASH3S
CF Newbie

Talking First Car: LITTLE help...

I guess you get alot of these, but I've recently been looking into 93 Integra (hopefully GSR(?) I don't got alot to spend (5 grand give or take, or i could keep saving) but I've seen what someone I know did to one of these and it turned out nice. I figure get this car, then new Headers, Intake, and Exhaust to start.. then who knows. Just somethin fun to work on, don't know an incredible amount about working on autos but it seems to be a decent first car.
But that's why I'm posting, seeing if you have any other suggestions or what your take on this car is.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by ASH3S : 03-22-2005 at 06:40 AM.
ASH3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 11:01 AM   #2
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution

The Integra is a great car...the GSR a great motor...if you strip out the cars unessentials, get a turbo and maybe like a modest 100 shot...you can see probably the 12's (if you also buy racing slicks)
Old 03-19-2005, 04:05 PM   #3
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH3S
I guess you get alot of these, but I've recently been looking into 93 Integra (hopefully GSR(?) I don't got alot to spend (5 grand give or take, or i could keep saving) but I've seen what someone I know did to one of these and it turned out nice. I figure get this car, then new Headers, Intake, and Exhaust to start.. then who knows. Just somethin fun to work on, don't know an incredible amount about working on autos but it seems to be a decent first car.
But that's why I'm posting, seeing if you have any other suggestions or what your take on this car is.

Thanks for your help.

Spring for a 94-95 GSR. You can get one still for around $5k. The 94+ GSR had the newer B18C1 motor which hads loads more aftermarket support than the pre 94 GSR that has the B17A.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 08:48 PM   #4
ASH3S
CF Newbie

hmm to true, if I'm gonna' pay the money might as well get my power's worth. 94 integ is probably a good idea. but I just like the idea of a "boxcar" with power in it (but 93 GSR doesn't seem like the most common thing around anyways, but I just like how I've seen some turn out) lol but yeah more power is more power, and I've thought about springing for a turbo with whatever I get, but that calls for buying additional parts that can handle it, doesn't it? hmm.. don't know the actual figures ($) though. That's why I was thinkin start simple with intake, etc.
But yeah like I said I'm still new to this scene. Does anyone know good sites for parts and all? (even interior)

Still deciding so any suggestions are welcomed.

Last edited by ASH3S : 03-19-2005 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:40 AM   #5
ASH3S
CF Newbie

little help? haha.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:55 AM   #6
Rockn-A-T88
Banned

No rush... go with what you can afford...thats just my opinion.
Rockn-A-T88 is offline   Reply With Quote