Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2005, 09:37 PM   #1
Graggox
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2
Donate to the making of a legend

http://www.pimpcameronscar.tk

I have started a website about my 92 Mustang GT. It includes all of my current mods, future mods, and pictures of my car. There is an short biography of the car in the website.

All I ask of you is a donation to make this car into a legend. Any donation is accepted too, no matter how small or how big. Donations are taken through paypal.

Even if you don't wish to donate, please visit the site. I will update the site when I do more stuff to it. So not only will you be able to be part of the progress of the fox body, but you will be able to see it's progress.

Also, please tell your everyone you can about this.

Thank you very much.
Graggox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 10:46 PM   #2
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper
 
BanffAutoSpa_ap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
Posts: 1,510
love the total donations bin... $1.06 you got a long ways to go young man.
__________________
Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
BanffAutoSpa_ap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 02:27 AM   #3
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise
 
Godlaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,697
Why do people do this? They beg for money for their car, because they don't want to work for it?

Let's do some math........

Minors (which this guy sounds like) can work 20 hours/week in the US (which, we're going by US standards, not 'th' standards)

The lowest minimum wage is 5.50 and hour

80 (hours/month) X 5.50 (minimum wage)
=
440 X 12 (months/year)
=
5280 X .85 (taxes)
=
$4488


That's some money to work with, not including the 40 hrs/wk that minors can work in the summer, nor the 28 hrs/wk minors can work with parent's permission, nor raises, nor overtime, etc. etc.

Is it really so hard to earn your own money?
__________________
I am everything you want to be
Godlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 05:09 AM   #4
Graggox
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
Why do people do this? They beg for money for their car, because they don't want to work for it?

Let's do some math........

Minors (which this guy sounds like) can work 20 hours/week in the US (which, we're going by US standards, not 'th' standards)

The lowest minimum wage is 5.50 and hour

80 (hours/month) X 5.50 (minimum wage)
=
440 X 12 (months/year)
=
5280 X .85 (taxes)
=
$4488


That's some money to work with, not including the 40 hrs/wk that minors can work in the summer, nor the 28 hrs/wk minors can work with parent's permission, nor raises, nor overtime, etc. etc.

Is it really so hard to earn your own money?

actually it's 40 hours a week with 5.15 minimum wage, but yeah it's worth a shot
Graggox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 05:13 AM   #5
Nichol Bolas
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graggox
actually it's 40 hours a week with 5.15 minimum wage, but yeah it's worth a shot

Where I am, 30 hours max in a school week for a minor, 40 a week for minors w/o school. 5.15 is federal minimum wage
Nichol Bolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:24 PM   #6
DodgeRida67
Banned
 
DodgeRida67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jackson, Georgia
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graggox
http://www.pimpcameronscar.tk

I have started a website about my 92 Mustang GT. It includes all of my current mods, future mods, and pictures of my car. There is an short biography of the car in the website.

All I ask of you is a donation to make this car into a legend. Any donation is accepted too, no matter how small or how big. Donations are taken through paypal.

Even if you don't wish to donate, please visit the site. I will update the site when I do more stuff to it. So not only will you be able to be part of the progress of the fox body, but you will be able to see it's progress.

Also, please tell your everyone you can about this.

Thank you very much.


So lets see here. You are so incredibly selfish you want people to hand you the money to make the most of your car. A car which is fine in the first place. You know, there are people out in this world who do not even have enough money to feed themselves, have clothing, or have a place to lay their head and rest and here you are with a perfectly fine car asking people to hand you money so you can "make a legend." You make me sick. As selfish as you are you won't make it far in this world, and I sure hope you don't either. This has REALLY pissed me off. I don't care to argue this over a forum so hey, if you have a response, call me. 678-895-1634. I'll be glad to have a chat with you. All I can say is, you shit. As was said before, in a much nicer way, get your sorry ass a job and earn your own money and spend it any dumbass way you please.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 08:16 PM   #7
88GrandPrixSE
CF Freak
 
88GrandPrixSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Regina, Sask., Canada
Posts: 581
Whoa, you're limited to how much you can work in the states? That's sad. I work 20 (@ $10 an hour, minimum is 6.65 I think) hours a week right now and I'm looking for another job.. come to think of it, it's for this exact reason, I'm saving up for an '89 Mustang GT, don't want none of that air-bag/lower profile cam crap that the newer ones got.

Be a man, work for your money. You expect people to hand you money through-out the rest of your life? Besides, your car will-not become a legend no matter how much work you put into it, because, after all's said and done, there's still a million of them out there (and it's still a Ford).
__________________
88GrandPrixSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 08:53 PM   #8
choke
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: nor cal
Posts: 58
psh... '92 fox body....its been done, maybe if you were doing something bizarre
__________________
xs bs
choke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 08:57 PM   #9
DodgeRida67
Banned
 
DodgeRida67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jackson, Georgia
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by choke
psh... '92 fox body....its been done, maybe if you were doing something bizarre


Hey there. I just wanted to inform you that your signature is more full of crap than if it was an actual picture of crap. Don't impose that crap on us. Take your cult and cram it.


Quote:
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
-PF


- Crap.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:15 PM   #10
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.
 
Zalight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 2,264
Thats a bible quote, not a cult. Ezekiel 25:13 to be exact.

But you see, I don't know this because im a religous freak or anything, I mean I have read the bible but I'm not that religous. I do know what that quoe is and where it is form because of Pulp Fiction.

Ever seen that movie DR? Its a Famous line from that movie.
__________________
1999 BMW ///M3
Zalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:39 AM   #11
mumin
CF Newbie
 
mumin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 78
so if we donate we can all ride it?? hehe
mumin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 03:19 AM   #12
choke
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: nor cal
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
Hey there. I just wanted to inform you that your signature is more full of crap than if it was an actual picture of crap. Don't impose that crap on us. Take your cult and cram it.




- Crap.

lol you need to go out and watch a movie dodge cuz if u didn't know that i feel sorry for u if you haven't seen Pulp Fiction then ur missing out.
__________________
xs bs
choke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:12 AM   #13
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
hmmmm....

Donate money to starving kids....nah


Help out tsunami victims....no thats no good...


Pay my insurance bill for the month....nuh uh...





Oooh looky, some kid on the internet, a thousand miles away wants some money so he can make his car faster and prettier! Take take!

(please include sarcasm when reading this)
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:19 PM   #14
jdubya
CF Enthusiast
 
jdubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: MO
Posts: 122
Talking

you need to go somewhere else Graggox, because asking people 4 $ is BULL POO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________

PRELUDE POWER!
jdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.