Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2005, 07:42 AM   #1
Gibson_RockerSG
CF Newbie

Think this is good?

Hey there guys, im 14 right now and I have been looking at cars and have always wanted a classic car, I dirtbike alot and would like to get a truck for that reason but still want a muscle car, so I have been looking at El Caminos for the reason that thier Trucks and Muscle cars. I was just wondering if this is a good car and if there hard to restore because Im on a budget and need it to be under $4500. I was also wondering if anyone know thier MPG rating. I personally find the 1969-1972 caminos to be most vissually appealing but which one has the best engine for the price? Thanks in advance
Gibson_RockerSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 03:47 AM   #2
corbett_auto
CF Addict

Two things to consider:

1) You will not be able to buy and “restore” a car for $4500. You may be able to tiddy it up, but not restore. Your best bet would be to find one that has already been fixed up. $4500 should get a nice one depending on your location.
2) Classic iron and MPG usually do not go in the same sentence. Carbureted heavy classics or less forgiving then the newer FI models. Driving habits will greatly affect MPG, given the same car one guy may get 15+ MPG while a lead foot may get 8- MPG.

Just my $0.02 , use the advice of others, but in the end get the car that suits you best.