Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2005, 07:34 PM   #1
CF Newbie

Ford Fiesta '92 - computer modul problem, work in alarm mode!

Hi,
My problem is... after I turn on key (not start engine) I hear sound from fuel pump. If everything is ok it should stop after 2-5 sec. But my is work continiuosly... and do not stop. I found that it means "limp home" mode. So somethin wron witn electronic control system modul EEC IV. I know that it poseble to read errore codes from diagnostic connector. But I can't find it. Help me please. Also, I can hear some silent noise from this EEC IV module right under deashboard... is it ok.. Actulay what make me crazzy is that it not everytime. Sometimes it start as it should... but not everytime. Once again if you have any idea, let me know.
Regards,
1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:50 PM   #2
SamJaarsma
CF Newbie

Talking Fiesta 1.1 electronic problems

Hi,

I would not jump to the conclusion that your computer is broken. Off and on problems are often caused by a faulty contact. I would check wiring under the rear seat, carpet and towards the fusebox. Somehow presure needs to be measured and signalled to the computer that it's OK to shut down the pump. Also clean the pump itself, as the noise does not mean you have presure: a sticky valve might mean that it pumps the fuel straight back into the tank. As some types have a return tube, the problem might be at the carb.

Anyways, I have a complete engine (1.1 LHD 92, incl. computer) that I took out the wrecked car of my wife for parts, but I bought a diesel. So you can have it for free. Only it is in Palma de Mallorca, Spain....

Good luck and regards,
Sam
SamJaarsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 10:23 PM   #3
CF Newbie

Thank you for response... the bad thing is the pump is mounted inside the fuel tank... and to get it I have to remove fuel tank ... So I'd like to check this errore codes first, but cant find diagnostic connector.

My car is Ford Fiesta Ghia 1,4 1992 benzin... CFI i think...(one big hole ander air filter ) , and if somebody going to help me... please tell me how to connect diode lamp to count this flashes... I mean ... as I knoe it should be bbetween battery + and pin 17 of the diag. connector, and 40 shorted with 48...
1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 10:28 PM   #4
SamJaarsma
CF Newbie

computer shit

Hi,

Sorry, I never get into these kind of diaggs... wouldn't know how to help you. I have too many experiences with computer diagnoses that are too far off the real cause... It's a nightmare: never tells you what you want to know is my opinion..

Sorry,
Sam
SamJaarsma is offline   Reply With Quote