Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2005, 03:38 AM   #1
ash72eagles
CF Newbie

1988 dodge daytona help me plz

i have an 88 daytona that is not getting any spark or fuel. i replaced the SMEC,coil,and hall effect pick up coil in the distributer. can anyone help me
ash72eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:28 AM   #2
osborste
the canuck tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash72eagles
i have an 88 daytona that is not getting any spark or fuel. i replaced the SMEC,coil,and hall effect pick up coil in the distributer. can anyone help me
one of two thing check the auto shut down relay then check for power at the smec you replaced the smec with a know good one or new one use a test light if you have to but i would prefer a muti meter set to volts and check the smec plug for power and ground consult a wiring diagram from a manual for you car either you have no power or bad ground for the smec

without seeing or hearing your problem all i can do is offer advice on what to check
my new toy

<Link removed>......Please read the rules on advertising!
osborste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:41 PM   #3
ash72eagles
CF Newbie

Quote:
where do i find the auto shut down relay. and thanks for ur advice ill give it a try
Old 03-30-2005, 09:50 PM   #4
osborste
the canuck tech

Quote:
where do i find the auto shut down relay. and thanks for ur advice ill give it a try
should be a power center under the hood near the battery if you have power at the relay you will probably find there's no power or bad ground at the smec

without seeing or hearing your problem all i can do is offer advice on what to check
my new toy

Old 03-30-2005, 10:19 PM   #5
ash72eagles
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by osborste
should be a power center under the hood near the battery if you have power at the relay you will probably find there's no power or bad ground at the smec
what does the relay switch look like. im not an expert and i dont know much about this car
Old 03-30-2005, 10:29 PM   #6
osborste
the canuck tech

Quote:
what does the relay switch look like. im not an expert and i dont know much about this car
the panel should be marked asd or autoshut down the relay is 1 to1 1/2 "square black box with 4 to 5 blade terminals

my new toy

Old 03-30-2005, 10:49 PM   #7
ash72eagles
CF Newbie

Quote:
the panel should be marked asd or autoshut down the relay is 1 to1 1/2 "square black box with 4 to 5 blade terminals
i am getting power to that
Old 03-30-2005, 10:54 PM   #8
osborste
the canuck tech

Quote:
i am getting power to that
ok then the smec is not getting power or has a bad ground you need to check for this sound more like the smec is not powering up to activate the fuel pump and ignition system

my new toy

Old 03-30-2005, 11:02 PM   #9
ash72eagles
CF Newbie

Quote:
ok then the smec is not getting power or has a bad ground you need to check for this sound more like the smec is not powering up to activate the fuel pump and ignition system
how do i check the ground on the smec??? and how do i check to see if its getting power???
Old 03-30-2005, 11:14 PM   #10
osborste
the canuck tech

Quote:
how do i check the ground on the smec??? and how do i check to see if its getting power???
at the asd relay did you get power to one or two terminals(key on)if its only one terminal the other curcuit is not powered. do you or can you get a manual for your car with wireing diagram

my new toy

Old 03-30-2005, 11:22 PM   #11
ash72eagles
CF Newbie

Quote:
at the asd relay did you get power to one or two terminals(key on)if its only one terminal the other curcuit is not powered. do you or can you get a manual for your car with wireing diagram
i got power to 2 termanals. and i have a manual for the car with wirering diagrams. and do you have a yahoo or aim screen name i can talk to you about this on???
Old 03-30-2005, 11:39 PM   #12
osborste
the canuck tech

Quote:
i got power to 2 termanals. and i have a manual for the car with wirering diagrams. and do you have a yahoo or aim screen name i can talk to you about this on???
sorry no i dont does the relay click with key on the relay supplies power to the fuel pump/injectors/ignition coil the smec provides the ground for the injectors/coil check for power at the coil with key on

my new toy

Old 03-30-2005, 11:48 PM   #13
ash72eagles
CF Newbie

Quote:
sorry no i dont does the relay click with key on the relay supplies power to the fuel pump/injectors/ignition coil the smec provides the ground for the injectors/coil check for power at the coil with key on
no it does not click when the key is on
Old 03-30-2005, 11:54 PM   #14
osborste
the canuck tech

Quote:
no it does not click when the key is on
make a jumper wire find the dark green wire with black stipe and run power to it this will active the fuel pump and ignition the relay might be bad

my new toy

Old 03-31-2005, 12:00 AM   #15
ash72eagles
CF Newbie

Quote:
make a jumper wire find the dark green wire with black stipe and run power to it this will active the fuel pump and ignition the relay might be bad
ok thank you. i will try that and see if it works. thanks again