Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Community Central > Feedback & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2005, 12:20 AM   #61
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
Well no, I just brought it to their attention really.


But...instead of us arguing about it we'll just let them tell us what and why.

Yeah right... I'm sure it took your expertise for them to realize that people on the forum were'nt acting accordingly. Yeah right... I'll say it again, spare me your bullshit. I don't really care why they want to leave. I've heard enough whining and bitching. You're really quick to point the finger without accepting the fact that there will always be 3 more pointing back at you, but whatever. If you want to continue being a hypocrit, then more power to yah.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...

Last edited by DSMer : 04-23-2005 at 12:23 AM.
DSMer is offline  
Old 04-25-2005, 06:04 AM   #62
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Yeah right... I'm sure it took your expertise for them to realize that people on the forum were'nt acting accordingly. Yeah right... I'll say it again, spare me your bullshit. I don't really care why they want to leave. I've heard enough whining and bitching. You're really quick to point the finger without accepting the fact that there will always be 3 more pointing back at you, but whatever. If you want to continue being a hypocrit, then more power to yah.
There's always one

Still, I have read some more of this thread and I think things are lookin' a little better
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline  
Old 04-26-2005, 01:05 AM   #63
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Ok, this REALLY pisses me off. I understand how you mods had to lock that last thread, but re-opening it just so you can put in your final is absurd. I dont understand why the person who did it couldnt just post it some where else. Locking and unlocking the thread is just expoitation of the mod rights. I back many things that the mods do, but that one thing just pisses me off.

Cliffy, I have no beef with you this, you arent the only one that does this, but it just bugs the crap out of me.

Thats my
__________________
John

StiMan is offline  
Old 04-26-2005, 09:19 AM   #64
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Ok, this REALLY pisses me off. I understand how you mods had to lock that last thread, but re-opening it just so you can put in your final is absurd. I dont understand why the person who did it couldnt just post it some where else. Locking and unlocking the thread is just expoitation of the mod rights. I back many things that the mods do, but that one thing just pisses me off.

Cliffy, I have no beef with you this, you arent the only one that does this, but it just bugs the crap out of me.

Thats my

Mods don't have to "unlock" a locked thread to post in it. It's just as easy as you post on an open thread.

It's a perk mods have. Live with it.
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 02:49 AM   #65
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Mods don't have to "unlock" a locked thread to post in it. It's just as easy as you post on an open thread.

It's a perk mods have. Live with it.
.
.
Perquisite or not it just bugs me. They post in a way that makes it so that the mass of CF cant respond to their posts. I have lived with it for a year, so I will continue to do so, but I was just saying it bugs me.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 02:54 AM   #66
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Mods don't have to "unlock" a locked thread to post in it. It's just as easy as you post on an open thread.

It's a perk mods have. Live with it.
.
.

Thats almost as effective as saying police can speed and break traffic laws because they are the ones that make sure no one breaks the laws. Posting in a thread that a moderator has locked is an abusal of power. If the thread is seen fit to be locked then no one, regardless of postional power, should be allowed to post within that thread.

You guys kill me with your reasoning of why you can abuse your powers or feel fit to do exactly what it is that you do.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 03:04 AM   #67
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise
 
Godlaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Thats almost as effective as saying police can speed and break traffic laws because they are the ones that make sure no one breaks the laws. Posting in a thread that a moderator has locked is an abusal of power. If the thread is seen fit to be locked then no one, regardless of postional power, should be allowed to post within that thread.

You guys kill me with your reasoning of why you can abuse your powers or feel fit to do exactly what it is that you do.

Acutally, police do break the speeding laws, that how they catch up to speeders, or how they find speeders on the highway. I've seen bikes doing 100 going past me on the shoulder. They know how to go that speed and be safe while doing it.

The mods can post what they want to say because they know the cycle is just going to keep on going around, and they need to get their word in. So, they say what they want to say and lock it so the cycle doesn't continue.
__________________
I am everything you want to be
Godlaus is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 06:15 AM   #68
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Thats almost as effective as saying police can speed and break traffic laws because they are the ones that make sure no one breaks the laws. Posting in a thread that a moderator has locked is an abusal of power. If the thread is seen fit to be locked then no one, regardless of postional power, should be allowed to post within that thread.

You guys kill me with your reasoning of why you can abuse your powers or feel fit to do exactly what it is that you do.

I suppose you'll just have to continue to live with it...and complain about it.

When you become a mod (as a few already want to give it up), you too can take advantage of the perks.

Life is so unfair...isn't it.

Someone will always be your "boss"...and do things you don't like.
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline  
Old 04-28-2005, 06:11 AM   #69
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
The mods can post what they want to say because they know the cycle is just going to keep on going around, and they need to get their word in. So, they say what they want to say and lock it so the cycle doesn't continue.
Yes, that's exacly it!.....Why cant most others think like that

DSMer, spare us with your pointless attemt to keep quoting us with your head full of rubbish occurences....if that's the right way to phrase it

Dont worry bout it StiMan, I understand you have your oppinion mate. Notice how the respect goes here, DSMer?
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline  
Old 04-28-2005, 05:02 PM   #70
Voda48
CF Lance Fan
 
Voda48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Notice how the respect goes here, DSMer?
Give him a lil longer to catch on
__________________
Here's my Website: Voda's Webpage It is in dire need of updating.
Voda48 is offline  
Old 04-29-2005, 07:40 PM   #71
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise
 
Godlaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,697
DSMer 'signed' a no-flaming rule. He probably won't respond to this thread.

Although, his signed contract strangely reminds me of the munich pact.
__________________
I am everything you want to be
Godlaus is offline  
Old 05-01-2005, 06:28 AM   #72
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
The mods can post what they want to say because they know the cycle is just going to keep on going around, and they need to get their word in. So, they say what they want to say and lock it so the cycle doesn't continue.

If your theory were correct then someone could create a thread that accused you of being homosexual, a moderator can lock the thread, and put in his/her 2cent that they agree you are homosexual. By your "explanation" you would be agreeing that the moderators judgment is the ultimate rule and that they are right 100% of the time. Congratulations, you have not only created a open ended argument, but you are in fact a homosexual. I'm sorry, but stopping an abusive cycle does'nt involve repeating the first step. If that were true, drug addicts would have to take one last hit of drugs before they are cured. Unfortunatley the only action to stop an abusive cycle is just that... STOP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
I suppose you'll just have to continue to live with it...and complain about it.

When you become a mod (as a few already want to give it up), you too can take advantage of the perks.

Life is so unfair...isn't it.

Someone will always be your "boss"...and do things you don't like.
.
.


Oh, none the less. I could really give a rats ass how or why you abuse your powers. But lets not add insult to injury and say you have the right to abuse them because you're a moderator. Its not a perk, its not an adjustment, its not a feature that comes along with governing said bodies. Surely you believe rules must also apply to leaders. So please don't give me the bullshit excuses of "life isn't fair". No one ever said it would be, but just because the world throws rocks at your glass house, that doesn't give you the right to return the favor and justify it as so because it was done to you.. I'm sure that when I go to court upon killing someone I can just say the world isn't fair, it took one of my relatives so I just decided to kill someone else, and get off scott free eh?

Quote:
Yes, that's exacly it!.....Why cant most others think like that

DSMer, spare us with your pointless attemt to keep quoting us with your head full of rubbish occurences....if that's the right way to phrase it

Dont worry bout it StiMan, I understand you have your oppinion mate. Notice how the respect goes here, DSMer?


Because everyone isn't an imbecile who has two brain cells to think on. Everyone doesn't believe that certain rules don't apply to them because they are special. All you're doing is giving a whole lot of bullshit as to why you posted in a locked thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a thread locked because "moderators" feel that it is unfit to be participated in and or it disagrees with forum regulations? So if you're still posting your 2 cents in it, why is it locked? Because you're a moderator, your opinion automaticly mean more than everyone else's? Or because you're a moderator, you're allowed to break the rules that you enforce.

I'll keep that bullshit logic in mind next time I happen to pass by a wet paint sign. "Its okay people! I'm a painter I have a given right to touch the wet paint because I can break rules that me and my fellow painters have set forth." Yeah right, spare me your bullshit... again I must say. You can abuse all the powers you want, but you'll never be able to justify the act of doing so, irregardless of how well you think your inept followers stand by you.

Quote:
Godlaus DSMer 'signed' a no-flaming rule. He probably won't respond to this thread.

Although, his signed contract strangely reminds me of the munich pact.

Oh did I? I'll bet your life that such a document or action never existed. C`mon I dare you to prove me wrong..

Can someone please explain to me why ALL of you're theorys, ideas, and morals make absoulutley no f*cking sense when applied to daily life issues? Please I'm dying to know...
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline  
Old 05-01-2005, 07:25 AM   #73
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Oh, none the less. I could really give a rats ass how or why you abuse your powers. But lets not add insult to injury and say you have the right to abuse them because you're a moderator. Its not a perk, its not an adjustment, its not a feature that comes along with governing said bodies. Surely you believe rules must also apply to leaders. So please don't give me the bullshit excuses of "life isn't fair". No one ever said it would be, but just because the world throws rocks at your glass house, that doesn't give you the right to return the favor and justify it as so because it was done to you.. I'm sure that when I go to court upon killing someone I can just say the world isn't fair, it took one of my relatives so I just decided to kill someone else, and get off scott free eh?

If you're going to equate murder and posting on a closed thread...then you're right. I take it back.
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline  
Old 05-01-2005, 08:08 PM   #74
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise
 
Godlaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
If your theory were correct then someone could create a thread that accused you of being homosexual, a moderator can lock the thread, and put in his/her 2cent that they agree you are homosexual. By your "explanation" you would be agreeing that the moderators judgment is the ultimate rule and that they are right 100% of the time.
A certain level of faith is required. Why pay taxes to a government I don't agree with? The moderators are appointed because they are right more times than any other responsible person on these boards. And like I said, here, everybody got their opinion in, so your analogy wouldn't work. It's like them calling me gay (I like how you used the politically correct term, by the way, as if that won't offend others as much), and me saying: "No, I'm not", then they close the thread. Otherwise, somebody else would have said :"Yes you are", and the cycle would've continued. That's one of the reasons why locking was created in the first place.


Quote:
Congratulations, you have not only created a open ended argument, but you are in fact a homosexual. I'm sorry, but stopping an abusive cycle does'nt involve repeating the first step. If that were true, drug addicts would have to take one last hit of drugs before they are cured. Unfortunatley the only action to stop an abusive cycle is just that... STOP.

Which is what locking is. Let me give you an example.

.......A -> B -> C -> A -> B -> C ->A.........
Therefore, either A, B, or C must be stopped. and seeing as how people like you will continue their charade, B and C can't be stopped, so A has to stop it. And they can't stop it by just saying nothing, it makes it seem like they're abusing their moderator powers, so they say what needs to be said, then they lock it.




Quote:
Oh, none the less. I could really give a rats ass how or why you abuse your powers. But lets not add insult to injury and say you have the right to abuse them because you're a moderator. Its not a perk, its not an adjustment, its not a feature that comes along with governing said bodies. Surely you believe rules must also apply to leaders. So please don't give me the bullshit excuses of "life isn't fair". No one ever said it would be, but just because the world throws rocks at your glass house, that doesn't give you the right to return the favor and justify it as so because it was done to you.. I'm sure that when I go to court upon killing someone I can just say the world isn't fair, it took one of my relatives so I just decided to kill someone else, and get off scott free eh?
Blame it on society, right? Yeah, that happens a lot. They mods aren't doing this because they want to. They're not getting drunk from their appointed powers, they're trying to stop a cycle, and they're trying to make this forum a better place, but they also have lives outside this little computer monitor, and they have other responsiblities that come first. THEY HAVE TO LOCK SOME THREADS. Get over it.



Quote:
Because everyone isn't an imbecile who has two brain cells to think on. Everyone doesn't believe that certain rules don't apply to them because they are special. All you're doing is giving a whole lot of bullshit as to why you posted in a locked thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a thread locked because "moderators" feel that it is unfit to be participated in and or it disagrees with forum regulations? So if you're still posting your 2 cents in it, why is it locked? Because you're a moderator, your opinion automaticly mean more than everyone else's? Or because you're a moderator, you're allowed to break the rules that you enforce.
Covered this already. Liek police, they have to break the laws to correct the lawbreaker. Everyday, cops speed to catch up to speeders, speed to get to an emergency scene, shoot people who might try to shoot back, but they know what they're doing. Besides, what rules have they unjustifiedly broken?


Quote:
I'll keep that bullshit logic in mind next time I happen to pass by a wet paint sign. "Its okay people! I'm a painter I have a given right to touch the wet paint because I can break rules that me and my fellow painters have set forth." Yeah right, spare me your bullshit... again I must say. You can abuse all the powers you want, but you'll never be able to justify the act of doing so, irregardless of how well you think your inept followers stand by you.
You need a does of your own medicine, DSM. Spare me YOUR bullshit. I'm repeating myself now. See above as to justification for what the mods have done.


Quote:
Oh did I? I'll bet your life that such a document or action never existed. C`mon I dare you to prove me wrong..
That's because you read, it, silently acknowledged it, but never tie yourself down to it, in case something like this came up. Like i said before, it's a Munich pact.


Quote:
Can someone please explain to me why ALL of you're theorys, ideas, and morals make absoulutley no f*cking sense when applied to daily life issues?
They do, just not to you. Spare me your bullshit


Quote:
Please I'm dying to know...

Then maybe you should be more willing to learn and understand. You seem to think that everything you don't know isn't worth knowing.


That's it, you've gotten me more pissed off than anybody else has ever before. I'm through with you. My only hope is that some moderator says his words, closes this thread, and it rots away into the archives. somebody please close this. This cycle is only going to continue unless A stops B from happening......
__________________
I am everything you want to be
Godlaus is offline  
Old 05-01-2005, 08:53 PM   #75
DodgeRida67
Banned
 
DodgeRida67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jackson, Georgia
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
If your theory were correct then someone could create a thread that accused you of being homosexual, a moderator can lock the thread, and put in his/her 2cent that they agree you are homosexual. By your "explanation" you would be agreeing that the moderators judgment is the ultimate rule and that they are right 100% of the time. Congratulations, you have not only created a open ended argument, but you are in fact a homosexual. I'm sorry, but stopping an abusive cycle does'nt involve repeating the first step. If that were true, drug addicts would have to take one last hit of drugs before they are cured. Unfortunatley the only action to stop an abusive cycle is just that... STOP.



Oh, none the less. I could really give a rats ass how or why you abuse your powers. But lets not add insult to injury and say you have the right to abuse them because you're a moderator. Its not a perk, its not an adjustment, its not a feature that comes along with governing said bodies. Surely you believe rules must also apply to leaders. So please don't give me the bullshit excuses of "life isn't fair". No one ever said it would be, but just because the world throws rocks at your glass house, that doesn't give you the right to return the favor and justify it as so because it was done to you.. I'm sure that when I go to court upon killing someone I can just say the world isn't fair, it took one of my relatives so I just decided to kill someone else, and get off scott free eh?



Because everyone isn't an imbecile who has two brain cells to think on. Everyone doesn't believe that certain rules don't apply to them because they are special. All you're doing is giving a whole lot of bullshit as to why you posted in a locked thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a thread locked because "moderators" feel that it is unfit to be participated in and or it disagrees with forum regulations? So if you're still posting your 2 cents in it, why is it locked? Because you're a moderator, your opinion automaticly mean more than everyone else's? Or because you're a moderator, you're allowed to break the rules that you enforce.

I'll keep that bullshit logic in mind next time I happen to pass by a wet paint sign. "Its okay people! I'm a painter I have a given right to touch the wet paint because I can break rules that me and my fellow painters have set forth." Yeah right, spare me your bullshit... again I must say. You can abuse all the powers you want, but you'll never be able to justify the act of doing so, irregardless of how well you think your inept followers stand by you.


Oh did I? I'll bet your life that such a document or action never existed. C`mon I dare you to prove me wrong..

Can someone please explain to me why ALL of you're theorys, ideas, and morals make absoulutley no f*cking sense when applied to daily life issues? Please I'm dying to know...
[IMG]





'nuff said. Have a GREAT day.
DodgeRida67 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.