Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2005, 10:56 AM   #1
BlueMeanie
CF Newbie

Can anybody diagnose this problem?

Mang,
I got an '87 Ford Bronco II. 2.9 V6, automatic transmission, 2wd. Everytime I shift into gear, I get this big 'clunk' and it goes forward or back pretty hard everytime. I'vefound that I just need new transmission mounts to remedy that. But I got this gheto problem.
I can't get it to shift out of first gear. I have to let off the gas to get it to shift. It really sucks on hills. I don't know why it just won't shift smoothly. My friend says I just need a new speed control sensor. I'm just curious what else it could be before I go out and buy this sensor.
Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks, Jaxx
BlueMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:45 AM   #2
osborste
the canuck tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMeanie
Mang,
I got an '87 Ford Bronco II. 2.9 V6, automatic transmission, 2wd. Everytime I shift into gear, I get this big 'clunk' and it goes forward or back pretty hard everytime. I'vefound that I just need new transmission mounts to remedy that. But I got this gheto problem.
I can't get it to shift out of first gear. I have to let off the gas to get it to shift. It really sucks on hills. I don't know why it just won't shift smoothly. My friend says I just need a new speed control sensor. I'm just curious what else it could be before I go out and buy this sensor.
Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks, Jaxx
ford 2wd trucks rangers/bronco ii and areostars used the a4ld transmissisions they seemed to have alot of problems with have it checked by a good tranny shop they might be able to make adjustments and save it for a bit i had 88 aerostar went through 3 tranny's in 4yrs and my buddy has a 90 ranger has the 3rd one in now

without seeing or hearing your problem all i can do is offer advice on what to check
my new toy

<Link removed>......Please read the rules on advertising!
osborste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:48 PM   #3
BlueMeanie
CF Newbie

That doesn't sound like a very easy fix.
BlueMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote