Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2003, 04:23 AM   #1
PapaBear
CF Newbie

Suggestions for 4 wheel drive vehicle

Well this is my first time posting, so uh let's get on with it. My dad said he'd like for me to do research on a new vehicle lease for myself and he gave me a few specifications. First he says he wants it to be 4 wheel drive, but he didn't say if it had to be a SUV or not. Second, the price should fall in about the $300-400 per month price range. Lastly, he wanted something that was an all around safe vehicle (but who wants to survive a crash if they weren't having fun in a sweet vehicle in that first place, right?). I've tried researching but seeing as this is my first real attempt, i'm at a lost. What would you oh great holders of vehicular knowledge suggest for a foolish high school student under those requirements?

Thanks in advance.
PapaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 04:27 AM   #2
SuperJew
I like pie.

alright first - welcome to the forum.

second - is this for you, or your father? if its for you then I would suggest something a little lower priced. basically because, me being a high-schooler, I know that I dont have that much money, and $400 a month REALLY adds up....and do you really want to lease a car? i mean, if you can find something cheap enough that you like, hell, just buy it! you can do whatever the hell you want with it, and run it for a long time.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 04:33 AM   #3
PapaBear
CF Newbie

thanks for quick reply

Yes the car would be for me. Unfortunately, leasing is the only option (he has his reasons) and since he will actually be paying for the vehicle, I dare not argue. I agree with the stance that 400 is a bit pricey but that is the max so feel free to go lower. Any suggestions for a lease that is lower than that price?
Old 12-16-2003, 04:37 AM   #4
SuperJew
I like pie.

well it really depends on where you live... i know where I live we have Audi A4s that are going for like 200 something a month. so it really depends on what is in your area. and what you want - I suggest as a fellow teen to stay away from SUVs. ull go broke just from gassing the thing up. maybe go for a wagon, or just an Audi Quattro or something...and u, like I, am probably going to stay away from a minivan....id get ****ed if i pulled up in one o those in my school...

Old 12-16-2003, 04:42 AM   #5
PapaBear
CF Newbie

Lol. That was pretty much in line with my thinking, with staying away from SUVs and especially minivans (hahaha). I'm surprised with the A4 lease being that low, I guess i'll call the audi dealership and see their price (if they'll actually take a teen looking into an A4 seriously). Thanks again for response.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:46 AM   #6
lectroid
0000?

Your dad said lease, so its going to be a leased vehicle. My 2 cents for you is the volvo xc90. You can hardly find better service, and some will almost wipe your ass, this is a safe and very classy ride, I can't afford. Choice of another good and safe suv, Dodge Durango. What the hell Daddy is buying
Old 12-16-2003, 04:50 AM   #7
SuperJew
I like pie.

yeah the issue with something relatively high-end is insurance. if you get an audi I can assure you that your insurance will be astronimically high cuz ure a teen. and if you need AWD then that really puts you in a $$ fix...

Old 12-16-2003, 07:08 PM   #8
McLaren 4eVa
CF Newbie

Well if you want a 4 wheel grive car the Subaru Impreza or Mitsubishi Evo FQ300[/b]
Old 12-16-2003, 07:13 PM   #9
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren 4eVa
Well if you want a 4 wheel grive car the Subaru Impreza or Mitsubishi Evo FQ300
Both excellent suggestions but please save the fancy colors. The blue is especially difficult to read. Thanks.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote