Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2005, 12:56 AM   #1
Carlos Traveria
CF Newbie

Mustang sohc and dohc

I have a 2001 mustang gt. Is their any conversion for the engine to turn it from a 2 valve sohc in to a 4 valve dohc?
Carlos Traveria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:03 AM   #2
moostang104314
the guy you wish you were

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Traveria
I have a 2001 mustang gt. Is their any conversion for the engine to turn it from a 2 valve sohc in to a 4 valve dohc?
Yeah, get either a Mustang Cobra or Mach One. If you can't do that, I'm not really sure, I think there was a thread on her once that said it is a hard and expensive process, but I don't really know.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:31 AM   #3
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by moostang104314
Yeah, get either a Mustang Cobra or Mach One. If you can't do that, I'm not really sure, I think there was a thread on her once that said it is a hard and expensive process, but I don't really know.

ay yup. It;'d probably be cheaper and WWAAAAYYYY faster to buy a new car. You'd have to change pretty much everything involving the block.

Why do you want those extra 2 valves anyway? It's not for more power, you need more valves if you want to really rev higher, which isn't what american muscle is good for, the corvette C6 Z06 makes 500 horses out of 2 valves/chamber. Why do you want those extra two valves?
Old 04-05-2005, 01:45 AM   #4
Carlos Traveria
CF Newbie

I got the car last october, i want to fix it up and someday put a super or turbocharger on it. my thinking was that two valves will seriously help the charger. Two questions. 1)what else is different in the dohc? 2) can i shitch the two valve heads for 4 vlave heads?
Carlos Traveria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:07 AM   #5
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Traveria
I got the car last october, i want to fix it up and someday put a super or turbocharger on it. my thinking was that two valves will seriously help the charger. Two questions. 1)what else is different in the dohc? 2) can i shitch the two valve heads for 4 vlave heads?

Not to tellyou to fvck off or anything, but you're probably better off asking at this site;
http://www.corral.net/forums/index.php?

It'd definitely be easier to put in a new motor. Jacksonville I believe makes superchargers for the GT, and with a chip flasher, you can get a good 120-150 hp more out of your already beastly engine. If you need more than that, well, you'd be better off getting more power from the basics;

underdrive pulleys
headers
magnaflow exhaust
new filter

etc.etc.etc, I'm too bored to list them all.