Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2005, 12:00 PM   #1
craigfootball
Banned

Unhappy 'HELP' with Rover 216 Coupe Automatic

To all you budding motorists!
My L reg beauty is giving me a headache. For those of you that are familiar with the model, you push the fob for the immobiliser, put the key in the ignition you turn it twice the lights come on etc and the 'Check Engine' light is on, you hear the hiss of the fuel being primed, stater motor etc. Then there is a click the light goes off and you can start the engine. When ever i fill my car up i do the same process but it starts makes the hmmmm noise for about 2 secs and then cuts out. I try and start it again the 'Check Engine' light goes off but there is no click i keep trying until i hear the engine making the priming noise and click and then it will start again and stop. I usually have to repeat this process for about 10 minutes and then it will miraculously be fine????? This also happens on very short journeys but occassionally, but every time i fill up. Can anyone help? Or have an idea of what the problem coule be? Thanks Ben.
craigfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 07:28 PM   #2
buck34
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigfootball
To all you budding motorists!
My L reg beauty is giving me a headache. For those of you that are familiar with the model, you push the fob for the immobiliser, put the key in the ignition you turn it twice the lights come on etc and the 'Check Engine' light is on, you hear the hiss of the fuel being primed, stater motor etc. Then there is a click the light goes off and you can start the engine. When ever i fill my car up i do the same process but it starts makes the hmmmm noise for about 2 secs and then cuts out. I try and start it again the 'Check Engine' light goes off but there is no click i keep trying until i hear the engine making the priming noise and click and then it will start again and stop. I usually have to repeat this process for about 10 minutes and then it will miraculously be fine????? This also happens on very short journeys but occassionally, but every time i fill up. Can anyone help? Or have an idea of what the problem coule be? Thanks Ben.
Are you sure your immobiliser aint cutting in?
buck34 is offline   Reply With Quote