Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2005, 08:53 PM   #1
BlueWhiskey
CF Newbie

Question What Should I Get?

I have to get a 6 or 4 cylinder car that gets about 30 miles to the gallon. I want it to look stylish and I want it to be fast. I'm on a budget from 10 to 13000. I'm use to a lifted truck. What should I get?
BlueWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:02 PM   #2
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Well approximately what year are you looking for, like older or newer? I think pretty much any import car (ie. Honda, Mitsubishi, Toyota, etc.) get about 30 or more MPG and some of them are stylish (depending on what you like) and have many performance parts that you can add to get more speed and better gas mileage also. Would you prefer domestic or import?
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:08 PM   #3
BlueWhiskey
CF Newbie

I know nothing of cars besides most of them with v8s. I don't really want a car besides a BMW but I can't get the only one I want because they're too expensive. But I've got some buddies that work on their import cars all the time, and they're kinda fast. So I figured if I want good gas mileage and one to play with I'll get an import. I know nothing of their small engines or what horsepower is a lot in the lil cars.
BlueWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 10:33 PM   #4
ciVicman
CF Newbie

find a nice supra for that price
ciVicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 10:35 PM   #5
mirot
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWhiskey
I know nothing of cars besides most of them with v8s. I don't really want a car besides a BMW but I can't get the only one I want because they're too expensive. But I've got some buddies that work on their import cars all the time, and they're kinda fast. So I figured if I want good gas mileage and one to play with I'll get an import. I know nothing of their small engines or what horsepower is a lot in the lil cars.

I beg to differ

check out www.ebaymotors.com

there are plenty of *nice looking bmw's that fit your price range
Old 04-06-2005, 11:01 PM   #6
ed_7702
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWhiskey
I have to get a 6 or 4 cylinder car that gets about 30 miles to the gallon. I want it to look stylish and I want it to be fast. I'm on a budget from 10 to 13000. I'm use to a lifted truck. What should I get?

No 6 cylinder cars get 30 miles per gallon. You need a 4 cylinder if you want it to get around 30 mpg.
ed_7702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:28 PM   #7
Osiris
CF Newbie

Actually a 6cylinder car could.... The VW Passat v8 Turbo managed to get 40mpg when road tested in the UK, and thats a Petrol
Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote