Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2005, 11:53 PM   #1
hotrodtim
CF Newbie

sreet racer

whats up.i was just wandering who gots a 81 toyota corlla terecl sr5.5speed.becuse i got one and what i have ben traying to do is make my hot rod. i like it.the olny thang i got in it is a k n fitter.it s pertty fast the way its right now.but i whant it to go faster.i would like to get some hedders and intack and a holly .o ya ignition system.like a acall or msd for it .no one has thouse parts. thay tall me that thay dont make for it .but i dont beleved it.so if inbody has thouse parts let me know?its a 81 toyota terecl.the 3ac motor 1.4 my e mall is sgvtim@yahoo.com tankyou.
hotrodtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 01:47 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodtim
whats up.i was just wandering who gots a 81 toyota corlla terecl sr5.5speed.becuse i got one and what i have ben traying to do is make my hot rod. i like it.the olny thang i got in it is a k n fitter.it s pertty fast the way its right now.but i whant it to go faster.i would like to get some hedders and intack and a holly .o ya ignition system.like a acall or msd for it .no one has thouse parts. thay tall me that thay dont make for it .but i dont beleved it.so if inbody has thouse parts let me know?its a 81 toyota terecl.the 3ac motor 1.4 my e mall is sgvtim@yahoo.com tankyou.
Please allow me to respond to your post by saying, HUH?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 02:05 AM   #3
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

He's saying something, I'm not sure what it is. Too bad though I really wanted to help him with his "sreet racer", what ever that is.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 03:11 AM   #4
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

since your car has the 3AC in it, you should be able to put a 4age in it... itle take a lot of work though... try taking the highcomp motor out of an 88-92 corolla GTS, it should bolt up... wiring and fuel lines would give you the most trouble
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 12:47 PM   #5
Stem
HAHA Im Stem!

rofl...... that whole god damn post was one big spelling error, i swear to god more than half the words are missing letters rofl, somehow still readable tho.
Stem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:50 AM   #6
04subwrx
CF Newbie

what the hell
i dont think it is possible to get a tercel to go fast
u should really explore your options on buying somthing else
04subwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 05:14 AM   #7
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

it really doenst matter what kind of car hewants to work on... sure, theres always a faster car... people work on slower calls all the time... either for entusiast reasons, are they just donw have the cash to buy an expesive fast car... and honestly, since i like older toyotas, i like the older tercels... maybe he does to... oh, and you can make anything go fast, if you really try...
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 05:29 AM   #8
carls47807
CF Freak

you from these parts hotrodtim?
carls47807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:53 PM   #9
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04subwrx
what the hell
i dont think it is possible to get a tercel to go fast
u should really explore your options on buying somthing else

ANY car can go fast, and it doesn't necessarily take a ton of money to do it, especially starting with something light. Just innovation and the ability to think outside the box (and the realization that you don't need to always buy brand new parts)

I like the 4AGE idea. You could get the 88-up GTS unit, or the one from the first gen MR2 (as it was just a Tercel/FWD Corolla drivetrain moved to the back, including the FWD hubs...). You could even use the later FX16 setup. Probably the best would be the '88 MR2 supercharged, but those might be hard to find. Finding a rusted out first gen MR2 should be no problem, and just yank the entire drivetrain and all the parts to make the engine run. I haven't actually done this swap, so I don't know what will be a direct bolt in and what needs fabrication, but I've seen much harder swaps done in people's back yards successfully, so...

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote