Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2005, 01:29 AM   #1
TiCKD
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6
240sx with KA24det

I have a 240sx with ka24det. I have: a garrett T28, 370cc injectors, 3" downpipe and exhuast pipe, and many other things. Does anyone know what is the max boost for this engine without cams, piston, or any engine upgrade? And how does it perform on 1/4 mile? I never really have time to go to a track and run. Thanks.

And one more thing. I do know about the SR20det, rb25det, and all those other engines, but I just wanted to do something different than that.
TiCKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 04:32 AM   #2
Inygknok
El del Supra
 
Inygknok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiCKD
I have a 240sx with ka24det. I have: a garrett T28, 370cc injectors, 3" downpipe and exhuast pipe, and many other things. Does anyone know what is the max boost for this engine without cams, piston, or any engine upgrade? And how does it perform on 1/4 mile? I never really have time to go to a track and run. Thanks.

And one more thing. I do know about the SR20det, rb25det, and all those other engines, but I just wanted to do something different than that.



if anything, i highly respect ya for going on a different route than most other ppl.

as for the mods, i dunno. u should check on some 240sx forums.
__________________


Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 05:46 AM   #3
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!
 
mazda6man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,158
i know its just my opinion, but i hate the ka motor... its a nissan truck motor!, that being said, i wouldnt go much past 15 lbs... that may even be to high..., but i really dont know when it comes to the KA
__________________
I = JDM titeness
Toyota 4 Life;
I rock X Chassis Toyotas daily
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:11 AM   #4
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution
 
NISSANSPDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
i know its just my opinion, but i hate the ka motor... its a nissan truck motor!, that being said, i wouldnt go much past 15 lbs... that may even be to high..., but i really dont know when it comes to the KA

It's not a truck motor...it was in the S13 b4 it was in the Frontier...it's a myth

Check out my buddies site TickD

www.ka24development.com (his name is Brian...really knowledgeable)

or

www.ka-t.org (for more general help)

or

www.freshalloy.com (Advanced 240sx section)
__________________
Yours truly,
Gabriel
NISSANSPDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 03:56 PM   #5
akinaspeedstars
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1
I'm planning on doing a custom turbo setup on my ka24de. Any hints or anything you've got that can help the proccess out a little? I'm not going to be replaceing my manifold, just adding onto the stock one. I'm very good at welding so that part isnt an issue. I've got some subaru 1.8l turbo's lying around the shop i work at so im thinkin of useing one or maybe 2 of those. I'ma get a walboro 255 pump and a s-afcII for fuel management. I've been told that the stock injectors and maf can hold up to 240hp. I'm only gonna be running 6-7psi of boost so not much extra help will be needed. A guy at my shop said he know's how to run all the lines and stuff but he might be kinda sketchy. Little help can go a long way. Thanks for any advice
akinaspeedstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 04:21 PM   #6
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution
 
NISSANSPDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 591
See above posted links for help and resources on KA-T setups
__________________
Yours truly,
Gabriel
NISSANSPDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:33 PM   #7
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!
 
mazda6man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,158
omg... inital d is about to take over our forums... noooooooo!
__________________
I = JDM titeness
Toyota 4 Life;
I rock X Chassis Toyotas daily
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 04:05 AM   #8
240SXSR20DET
CF Newbie
 
240SXSR20DET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 42
I'm not sure about the ka24de, but for my ka24e there isn't a turbo kit out on the market, you'll have to build ur own. It's been brought up in the forums before but if you wanted to go different you could try a remote mounted turbo, it's a little different and may not be as efficient but will be a lot cheaper. Which basically attaches the turbo under the car to the exhaust and running an intake back up to the intake manifold
240SXSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 08:34 AM   #9
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution
 
NISSANSPDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SXSR20DET
I'm not sure about the ka24de, but for my ka24e there isn't a turbo kit out on the market, you'll have to build ur own. It's been brought up in the forums before but if you wanted to go different you could try a remote mounted turbo, it's a little different and may not be as efficient but will be a lot cheaper. Which basically attaches the turbo under the car to the exhaust and running an intake back up to the intake manifold

To avoid something like you could always just swap in the KA24DE...that would avoid alot of trouble...plus I personally like the DOHC better and a buddy of mine who had a SOHC did the swap and now has a KA-T 90 240SX
__________________
Yours truly,
Gabriel
NISSANSPDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.