Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2005, 06:49 PM   #1
BlueWhiskey
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5
96 Honda Prelude with VTECH or 03 Tiburon GT?

I'm torn between the pursuit of two cars. Which one is faster and most dependable?

Last edited by BlueWhiskey : 04-14-2005 at 07:24 PM. Reason: stupid question
BlueWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 09:53 PM   #2
carls47807
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: new york
Posts: 582
i would say honda, simply because i cringe every time i hear Hyundai (partly Billy Fuccillo's fault, if anyone knows what i'm talking about)
carls47807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 09:58 PM   #3
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWhiskey
I'm torn between the pursuit of two cars. Which one is faster and most dependable?

Definatley the Prelude *Vtec*, not vtech. Handles a WHOLE lot better too.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 10:20 PM   #4
CarEXPERT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWhiskey
I'm torn between the pursuit of two cars. Which one is faster and most dependable?

Homie, the tiburon is a fukin V6.. its a slow ass piece of shit compared to the vtec prelude.
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 10:25 PM   #5
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
Homie, the tiburon is a fukin V6.. its a slow ass piece of shit compared to the vtec prelude.
Please stop calling people "homie".

I would say the Prelude. It is practically classic Japanese, its a legend.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 10:37 PM   #6
CarEXPERT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Please stop calling people "homie".

I would say the Prelude. It is practically classic Japanese, its a legend.

I can call people anything I want! Anyways "homie" is not anyting offensive so just shut da fuk up cuz I wasnt even talking to you
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 12:59 AM   #7
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
I can call people anything I want! Anyways "homie" is not anyting offensive so just shut da fuk up cuz I wasnt even talking to you
Alright, it is just really annoying.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 01:18 AM   #8
JDMprelude92
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 64
Naturaly since I own that model of prelude (non Vtech) I would have to go with that. But the Tiburon is newer probobly has less miles and less problems due to whear and tear. The tiburon also looks alright but the prelude beats it hands down there too. The prelude is also more mod-able. It is so easy to find stuff for the H22A it's not even funny. (try looking for parts for a F22 model ) The prelude is an all around better car. Also Think about the future the sell pricew on the prelude will probobly be higher in a coupple years.
__________________
Tuner
JDMprelude92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 04:16 AM   #9
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMprelude92
Naturaly since I own that model of prelude (non Vtech) I would have to go with that. But the Tiburon is newer probobly has less miles and less problems due to whear and tear. The tiburon also looks alright but the prelude beats it hands down there too. The prelude is also more mod-able. It is so easy to find stuff for the H22A it's not even funny. (try looking for parts for a F22 model ) The prelude is an all around better car. Also Think about the future the sell pricew on the prelude will probobly be higher in a coupple years.
Its "vtec" dammit!
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 07:25 AM   #10
ToCkS
CF Newbie
 
ToCkS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
I can call people anything I want! Anyways "homie" is not anyting offensive so just shut da fuk up cuz I wasnt even talking to you

He's just too ghetto for us. *Shrug*

BTW, what's wrong with a V6?
ToCkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 04:02 PM   #11
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToCkS
He's just too ghetto for us. *Shrug*

BTW, what's wrong with a V6?

It's a small underpowered 2.7L V6 (170hp) with not much of an aftermarket that is also used in their SUV... The Santa Fe. Says as much about it as I need to know.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.