Go Back   Car Forums > Community Central > Feedback & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 07:39 PM   #46
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
Hey what the hell DR, I believed you and knew he wasnt the one who wrote it cause you showed me and I was the one who told vwhobo about it remember?

VWHOMO, you know you copied and pasted everything from carcraft and said you wrote the whole thing yourself and got a whole bunch of credit for it.

See I aint scared of homo.
I know it. I wasn't talking about you, though.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:35 PM   #47
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

DR, I dont try to be nice to hobo and all that stuff. I simply have respect for him. I have just as much respect for you as well, you contribute a great amount to this forum aswell. If you give me a link to the thread about Hobo's copy and paste I will take a look. This forum does need an overhaul. I agree with you on that, all we do is argue. We need more mods and all of that, but I dont think kicking members is going to really help get Adam back. Once UFF is here maybe we can see what happens. Perhaps Ki2ay is right about UFF coming back next month, we just have to see DR.

Old 04-16-2005, 10:45 PM   #48
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
DR, I dont try to be nice to hobo and all that stuff. I simply have respect for him. I have just as much respect for you as well, you contribute a great amount to this forum aswell. If you give me a link to the thread about Hobo's copy and paste I will take a look. This forum does need an overhaul. I agree with you on that, all we do is argue. We need more mods and all of that, but I dont think kicking members is going to really help get Adam back. Once UFF is here maybe we can see what happens. Perhaps Ki2ay is right about UFF coming back next month, we just have to see DR.

You dont have to look at anything, we already know homo copied an pasted every word, I seen it with my own 2 eyes.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:46 PM   #49
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
You dont have to look at anything, we already know homo copied an pasted every word, I seen it with my own 2 eyes.
For me seeing is believeing. I dont remember seeing it. If you can help me find it that would be nice. I searched the forums, but I couldnt find the thread, was it erased?

Old 04-16-2005, 10:48 PM   #50
CarEXPERT
Banned

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showt...sepower+torque

He erased though after DR told everyone, but i seen it with my own
Old 04-16-2005, 10:50 PM   #51
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

The text is gone, how the hell am I supposed to tell if he did it or not?

Isnt there an origonal... I think I know how to find it, just a sec.

Old 04-16-2005, 10:51 PM   #52
CarEXPERT
Banned

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=7340

WHAT THE HELL? you were acually in that thread sti. How did you not know what was goin on?
Old 04-16-2005, 10:53 PM   #53
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showt...sepower+torque

He erased though after DR told everyone, but i seen it with my own

And here is where he copied it from.
http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/868/
Old 04-16-2005, 10:53 PM   #54
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Awww... my plan didnt work. I searched the archives, but those get updated by "edits" also...

Old 04-16-2005, 10:54 PM   #55
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=7340

WHAT THE HELL? you were acually in that thread sti. How did you not know what was goin on?
I didnt actually read the article... if I did I dont really remember. Sorry.

Old 04-17-2005, 12:20 AM   #56
Wally
I Know More Than You

I think it has already been established that there are many articles by numerous members in the forum that originated from another author's hand. The defence has generally been that:

A) it is patently obvious it is a copy and implicitly does not need acknowledgement;
B) it was designed to incite a reaction;

and the ridculous one that has not ceased to amuse me with it stupidty:

C) the original author has no right to object because he/she did not invent automechanicals, character sets, number systems, the English language, etc and therefore copyright is a nonsense. The original author obvioulsy gleened his knowledge from text books and mentors and has no freedom of thought.

Of course the corollary to C) is that anything written on the board is mine and anyone else who wishes to lay claim to it. So when you flame or disagree with someone for writing something you don't agree with you are flaming me and possibly yourself.

Last edited by Wally : 04-17-2005 at 12:35 AM.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:35 AM   #57
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I think it has already been established that there are many articles by numerous members in the forum that originated from another author's hand. The defence has generally been that:

A) it is patently obvious it is a copy and implicitly does not need acknowledgement;
B) it was designed to incite a reaction;

and the ridculous one that has not ceased to amuse me with it stupidty:

C) the original author has no right to object because he/she did not invent automechanicals, language, number systems, the English language, etc and therefore copyright is a nonsense. The original author obvioulsy gleened his knowledge from text books and mentors and has no freedom of thought.

Of course the corollary to C) is that anything written on the board is mine and anyone else who wishes to lay claim to it. So when you flame or disagree with someone for writing something you don't agree with you are flaming me and possibly yourself.
Well... there is no trouble in copying and pasting something to answer someone's question. If you ask me how to change your tire I might google it right quick and copy & paste it and post it. No harm done there. The harm comes in when it is implied that you wrote it. You know, like in the case with Gearhead Garage. Someone who is supposed to write their own artical copies and pastes one from someone else and calls it their own, then lies about it when asked if he/she wrote it. That's trouble.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:27 AM   #58
Wally
I Know More Than You

This is obviously something that you can't let go of. Unfortunately you will not get the satisfaction you are after by being relentless in pursuing the matter.

VWhobo is no Robinson Crusoe when it comes to autoforum members. There is always someone ready to fill the breach of the "bad guy" either by choice or by galvanisation of members. Even I have a troll that wanders around various boards getting vilified for being an arsehole. Hell he even flames me and I take exception at his impudence.

Last edited by Wally : 04-17-2005 at 03:11 AM.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:19 AM   #59
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

I have seen evidence DR pmed me, and hobo, sorry, but you did not write that article. You copied and pasted. To me, the only problem is that you lied about doing it, and did so on many occasions. You just need to come clean so we can all move on. Many of us have respect for you, please dont loose that repect by not coming clean.

Old 04-17-2005, 08:40 AM   #60
ToCkS
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
First, let me start that I will never stop this issue about the copy/pasting by vwhobo. Even if he admits it, I will continue to pester him about it. Now to my bitching: Well... there is no trouble in copying and pasting something to answer someone's question. If you ask me how to change your tire I might google it right quick and copy & paste it and post it. No harm done there. The harm comes in when it is implied that you wrote it. You know, like in the case with Gearhead Garage. Someone who is supposed to write their own artical copies and pastes one from someone else and calls it their own, then lies about it when asked if he/she wrote it. That's trouble.

Havn't read the whole thread, but I'm guessing he has being going at this for all 4 pages?

Last edited by ToCkS : 04-17-2005 at 08:43 AM.
Closed Thread