Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2005, 11:08 PM   #1
Texy28
CF Newbie

Pontiac GTP question

My question can actually be directed at pretty much all Pontiac vehicles but in my case I am talking about the Grand Prix GTP (97 model). I was at first looking into it because its quite a bit of power for an affordable price, but as I read more and more reviews, I see quite a bit of comments on the poor quality of this car and all pontiac cars. These comments mainly consist of how parts of the car don't last long. Yet, I have also seen a good amount of reviews in which people say they've had few problems with the car. I don't know if those who criticized the car were careless and took poor care of thier car or not. Who should I go with?
Can you offer any advice yourself?
Texy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 10:45 PM   #2
FordFromHell351
Banned

Theres nothing wrong with the 97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. I have a 1998 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi. They both use the EXACT same engine, a Supercharged 3800 V6. The people who wrote the reviews obviously didnt take car of their cars. The 3800 V6 is the BEST engine GM makes and one of the few GM engines I trust. I definatley recommend getting the car. Just make sure it has been taken care of. I love my SSEi even though Im a Ford guy. The only problems with these newer GM cars is their air conditioning. Theyre cold but they blow like a little newborn baby. These cars are extremely quick once you put on a smaller supercharger pulley. That should be your first upgrade.
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote