Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2005, 09:43 PM   #1
john117.halo2
CF Newbie

Car Maker

Hey I was wondering. Has anyone ever seen something that is for a pc that you could download or buy somewhere and be able to build cars? I mean, I know there are games where you can customize cars and stuff. But I want to be able to take any car in the world and put any part on it no matter if it looks bad or not. And then I want to be able to move it and shape the car and make custom vehicles. I know its asking alot but why hasnt anyone made a program where they can do that? I have looked everywhere possible but right now I am stuck with playing a game till I have enough money to buy the car I want, then making enough money to put what I want on it. I just want to be able to put anything on it, without the money and the racing. If people were able to do that they could upload a car and make it how they want it, then print out the picture and bring it to a shop with that car and have the shop guy build it and do it all. Or if you wanted to get real high tech (and this could be a good idea for those out there that are rich and looking for a good buisness to start) you could be able to take all of the dimentions of the parts you put on the car, and all of the dimentions for the modifications you did to it, and take it to a shop and have computers make the parts. Or have the shop guy order the parts that you request. It could be a multimillion dollar idea, with enough work and time, at least. I just wanna make a completly custom car, without spending $40,000 on parts and without racing 5000 races in some game to get enough money to do it. Is that too much to ask?
john117.halo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 10:32 PM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Just download AutoCAD, CADkey, etc., and then download some car models off the internet, and I guess you'll have to draw up your own parts though.
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 10:36 PM   #3
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

those softwares are expensive as all getup though...
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote