Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2005, 02:17 AM   #16
CarEXPERT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
That's buying name brand, radically high end stuff. Fine if you have a huge wallet, but entirely unnecessary.

Where is a good place to buy aftermarket performance parts? Is there some kind of store?
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:31 AM   #17
DodgeRida67
Banned
 
DodgeRida67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jackson, Georgia
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
Where is a good place to buy aftermarket performance parts? Is there some kind of store?
I've always gotten most of mine from Summit Racing. You have to watch out for the prices though, as they can be sneaky with them. Overall they have good prices, but every now and then I come across one that doesn't really seem high but can be bought alot cheaper. They have really great service and I've never had any trouble with them.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:38 AM   #18
CarEXPERT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
I've always gotten most of mine from Summit Racing. You have to watch out for the prices though, as they can be sneaky with them. Overall they have good prices, but every now and then I come across one that doesn't really seem high but can be bought alot cheaper. They have really great service and I've never had any trouble with them.

Is that a store or what is it magazine??
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 03:42 AM   #19
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
Is that a store or what is it magazine??
You can either order their catologue and buy from it or you can go to their website and check out the online store: www.summitracing.com.
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 04:08 AM   #20
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise
 
Godlaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
godlaus, you magazine junkie you.


Damn straight

I just took brand names as I don't have very much experience, and checked some dyno results. This is a little steep, but I contributed what I could.
__________________
I am everything you want to be
Godlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:57 PM   #21
DodgeRida67
Banned
 
DodgeRida67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jackson, Georgia
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
Damn straight

I just took brand names as I don't have very much experience, and checked some dyno results. This is a little steep, but I contributed what I could.
That's how people new to engine building should start. (and thats how some pros even do it) Is to know what powerband you want and check out the "tried & true" combos that have been dyno'd before. Works out great for everyone but I've never tried it that way.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 12:17 AM   #22
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise
 
Godlaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
That's how people new to engine building should start. (and thats how some pros even do it) Is to know what powerband you want and check out the "tried & true" combos that have been dyno'd before. Works out great for everyone but I've never tried it that way.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Is there a site where they compare different mods in the same engine, so we can see dyno verified results? So far, I've been taking the long path to see what parts producew the most high end horsepower. Is there any shortcut?
__________________
I am everything you want to be
Godlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 03:57 PM   #23
DodgeRida67
Banned
 
DodgeRida67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jackson, Georgia
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Is there a site where they compare different mods in the same engine, so we can see dyno verified results? So far, I've been taking the long path to see what parts producew the most high end horsepower. Is there any shortcut?
Some companies, such as Edelbrock, are pretty into this dyno matching thing. They give dyno results on some of their products when used with their other products (given part numbers) and give you the dyno results. Makes it all easy.

They have this on alot of popular Ford, Chevy, and Chrysler applications. For these they have what they call "Performer" which is for very low end power made between Idle - 5,500 RPMs. Then they have "Performer RPM" which moves the power to 1,500 - 6,500 RPMs. Then they have "Torker II" which is 2,500 - 6,500 RPMs.

Here are a few combo dyno results given from Edelbrock for a Chrysler 383 .

"Performer" (Idle - 5,500RPMs)



"Performer RPM" (1,500 - 6,500RPMs)



They also have what they call a "Victor 383" (3500-7500 rpm) for this motor, but that's pushing it.

Basically these are good street setups that you don't have to guess at, AND can give you an idea of what to go for if you weren't even going to use their "package" setups.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.