Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2005, 09:13 PM   #1
FordFromHell351
Banned

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI with smaller supercharger pulley, or 1999 Camaro Z28?

Who do you think would win this guys? The SSEI is one of my 3 cars and I love it to death. Plus its a fast little son of a bitch. Ive beaten many many many newer Camaros, newer Mustangs and even stayed with a 2002 Trans Am Ram Air WS6. (Ive also done an ECU upgrade and hollowed out the cat) But lately this young punk in a white 99 Camaro Z28 thinks he can take me. It sounds pretty tough, and he wants to race me sometime this weekend. Do you think my SSEI can take it, or should I break out my 84 Mustang GT with the 351W on this one?
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 02:14 PM   #2
04subwrx
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFromHell351
Who do you think would win this guys? The SSEI is one of my 3 cars and I love it to death. Plus its a fast little son of a bitch. Ive beaten many many many newer Camaros, newer Mustangs and even stayed with a 2002 Trans Am Ram Air WS6. (Ive also done an ECU upgrade and hollowed out the cat) But lately this young punk in a white 99 Camaro Z28 thinks he can take me. It sounds pretty tough, and he wants to race me sometime this weekend. Do you think my SSEI can take it, or should I break out my 84 Mustang GT with the 351W on this one?

I dunno, my buddys 2000 accord v6 runs for a minute with z28s, but never wins, plus the accord is prob a little quicker then ur pontiac. I would def break out the windsor
04subwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:02 PM   #3
Flame Roller
CF Enthusiast

It won't kill you if you lose right? I'd take the chance and see what your Bonnie can do. Get 'er done. Besides, not like if you lose the guy will think he is some almighty king of cars, and if he does tell me and I will get a few friends to find him wherever in the US he is and take him to town with their rides. My car on the other hand=slow Especially right now since it won't turn over
Flame Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 01:19 PM   #4
FordFromHell351
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04subwrx
I dunno, my buddys 2000 accord v6 runs for a minute with z28s, but never wins, plus the accord is prob a little quicker then ur pontiac. I would def break out the windsor

Its ok, I walked him lol He was so pissed off. I put him like 4 cars behind me and was still climbing.
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:33 AM   #5
Mengano
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFromHell351
Its ok, I walked him lol He was so pissed off. I put him like 4 cars behind me and was still climbing.

HAHAHAHAHh

Funniest post I've read in a while. A 1998 Pontiac Bonneville with a Eaton M90 supercharger makes 240HP with a mid 15 second 1/4 mile time. I have a very hard time believing you pulled 4 cars on a 1999 Z28 specifically engineered for racing. We're talking about a 305-320HP car that does mid to high 13 second times in a 1/4 mile..(I should know, I have one.) Assuming you have the stock supercharger, with the minor upgrades you mentioned above, I don't see it happening. PROVE IT
Mengano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:39 AM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mengano
HAHAHAHAHh

Funniest post I've read in a while. A 1998 Pontiac Bonneville with a Eaton M90 supercharger makes 240HP with a mid 15 second 1/4 mile time. I have a very hard time believing you pulled 4 cars on a 1999 Z28 specifically engineered for racing. We're talking about a 305-320HP car that does mid to high 13 second times in a 1/4 mile..(I should know, I have one.) Assuming you have the stock supercharger, with the minor upgrades you mentioned above, I don't see it happening. PROVE IT
I don't in any way disagree with the fact that the Camaro should run and hide from the Bonneville under most conditions, but... Making the statement that a '99 Z28 is "specifically engineered for racing" is a ludicrous and laughable as anything he said. I guess that's what you call fighting stupidity with stupidity. Good job.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:43 AM   #7
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHh

Do you know what a smaller pulley even does? It adds horsepower, doesn't decrease it if you didn't know. So far all you have shown is your ignorance. BTW chek and see when this thread was posted. Over 6 months ago I believe?

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:46 AM   #8
Mengano
CF Newbie

Stupidity? Camaro's, Mustangs, and the like are definitely made for racing. Why do you think they are built with a racing powerplant, with race seats, racing suspension. Goodyear Performance tires, exhaust etc? Would you find that in a non-sports car? Of course not. Vans and trucks do what they do, and camaro's do what they do best: race. Only stupid person here is you. What are you going to say next, that Ferrari's arent engineered for racing either? (Although I'm not comparing a camaro with a Ferrari )
Old 01-23-2006, 04:49 AM   #9
Mengano
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Do you know what a smaller pulley even does? It adds horsepower, doesn't decrease it if you didn't know. So far all you have shown is your ignorance. BTW chek and see when this thread was posted. Over 6 months ago I believe?

Listen MOMO..I know a smaller pulley will add power! SO WHAT? I never disagreed with that. You can make that pulley as small as you want and it still won't pull 4 cars on a Z28.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:49 AM   #10
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Stupidity? Camaro's, Mustangs, and the like are definitely made for racing. Why do you think they are built with a racing powerplant, with race seats, racing suspension. Goodyear Performance tires, exhaust etc? Would you find that in a non-sports car? Of course not. Vans and trucks do what they do, and camaro's do what they do best: race. Only stupid person here is you. What are you going to say next, that Ferrari's arent engineered for racing either? (Although I'm not comparing a camaro with a Ferrari )

Do you know what a racing seat is? OBVIOUSLY NOT. Do you know what a racing harness is? As in it is different from a regular seatbelt and is used with racing seats? Ignorance, Ignorance, Ignorance

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:56 AM   #11
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
If you truly knew anything about cars, other than you think you look cool playing with your Hot Wheels Camaro, you'd know that they are not made for racing, they're made to sell as street cars. There is no doubt that a Camaro can be and has been a successful racing platform, once it has been suitably modified. The only place a stock Camaro runs competitively is against other stock Camaros in a stock class, such as in Solo 2 Stock and Prepared Stock. To believe differently is simply ridiculous and ignorant on your part.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 01-23-2006, 04:59 AM   #12
Mengano
CF Newbie

Excuse me...!I thought we were debating in a thread about Racing STREET CARS...I wasn't aware racing was strictly for the track! Keep that in mind. Yes, for those of us who don't race at a track, we have camaros and mustangs to race on the street. And yes, the RACING seats or ok, i'll admit I should have said buckets) are as close as you get to Racing seats with a 5 point harness. Nonetheless, the point I was trying to make since we're getting off the subject, is that the SSEI story is BS unless he can prove it.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:05 AM   #13
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Excuse me...!I thought we were debating in a thread about Racing STREET CARS...I wasn't aware racing was strictly for the track! Keep that in mind. Yes, for those of us who don't race at a track, we have camaros and mustangs to race on the street. And yes, the RACING seats or ok, i'll admit I should have said buckets) are as close as you get to Racing seats with a 5 point harness. Nonetheless, the point I was trying to make since we're getting off the subject, is that the SSEI story is BS unless he can prove it.
Hey moron, let me refresh your memory. You very specifically stated;

Quote:
Camaro's, Mustangs, and the like are definitely made for racing. Why do you think they are built with a racing powerplant, with race seats, racing suspension.
Racing does not exist on the street. Little twinkie morons who haven't grown hair on there balls yet THINK they're racing on the street with their little wannabe cars. Racing however, is always done at an organized and legal venue such as a dragstrip, oval, road course, autocross, etc. Get a grip on something besides you boyfriends dick and join the real world.

Old 01-23-2006, 05:19 AM   #14
Mengano
CF Newbie

SHUT THE **** UP YOU VOLKSWAGON BITCH HOMO! (HOBO)? Listen up FAG, Whether you disagree with me or not, you can have a regular conversation with someone while still disagreeing with them, even proving them wrong, without resorting to name calling and profanity. But OK, I'll stoop to your level; Go chase your Weiner around a track, while sitting in your racing seat, strapped up in your 200 point harness with your gay looking helmet and your 3000 point rollcage. Then, when you've dizzied yourself driving around the same track 8 zillion times sit on your shifter and jerk yourself off till you're comatose. Little know it all punk.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:29 AM   #15
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morono
SHUT THE **** UP YOU VOLKSWAGON BITCH HOMO! (HOBO)? Listen up FAG, Whether you disagree with me or not, you can have a regular conversation with someone while still disagreeing with them, even proving them wrong, without resorting to name calling and profanity. But OK, I'll stoop to your level; Go chase your Weiner around a track, while sitting in your racing seat, strapped up in your 200 point harness with your gay looking helmet and your 3000 point rollcage. Then, when you've dizzied yourself driving around the same track 8 zillion times sit on your shifter and jerk yourself off till you're comatose. Little know it all punk.
Allow me to translate that for our non-ignoramus reading members;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morono
I'm a clueless twelve year old who has been caught red-handed typing stupid stuff on the computer again. I'm too hard headed to admit that I'm wrong, too stubborn to learn and have no interest in getting some facts. My mommy is about to make me shut off the computer and go to bed anyway so I can go the school tomorrow and get beat up by girls.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

BTW, take a look at the thread jerkoff. YOU called me a name before I called you one. That is also a fact, so go piss up someone elses rope.