Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2002, 02:02 AM   #1
benz-man

Need help......

first off i am not really a type of person that is big into just driving a car i am young and just like a good looking reliable car... my question is... is a mercedes slk 230 a good car that a non-racing type person would enjoy...... and if any problems please let me know.... thanx (by the way i am buying the car myself so i really need to know what type of repairs are comin on it so i know how to budget it)
Old 12-26-2002, 10:41 AM   #2
T0626N
CF Newbie

Wow, what a nice car to start off with! A Mercedes SLK 230 is great for just cruising around town in, but it is not meant for any kind of serious racing. If you want it to look great, may i suggest the AMG package. Normally Mercedes are reliable cars, it' s just if anything does happen to them, it will be very costly to fix. But I would suggest a Lexus IS 300 if you wanted a sedan, this car has more power, is still a luxury brand, is VERY reliable, and will cost you less money (money that you can spend on options, heh heh). But if you still want to go with the SLK, then I would go for it! I think the SLK's are FAR better than BMW's Z3 or their new Z4. I have always liked Mercedes better than BMW's and always will!!!
T0626N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 10:43 AM   #3
T0626N
CF Newbie

woops, i thought that this was going to be your first car. I obviously mis-read it, lol. Sorry, but it is still a nice car!
T0626N is offline   Reply With Quote